SUMMIT SCHOOL

SUMMIT SCHOOL Reviews: Working at SUMMIT SCHOOL

wonderful kids

I love the children I work with and the coworkers are nice and friendly. A good atmosphere with receptive administration and nice benefits but not very good pay.

Meaningful work, but demanding

The kids for the most part are great, but there is always a couple that make it hard on the other students to learn and the instructor to teach. Very little support from admin on working with these kids. They always fall back on us and send them back to class. Instructors need to adjust.

Pros

Low teach/kid ratio, get to teach with autonomy

Cons

low pay, benifits

Insights into SUMMIT SCHOOL

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Fun coworkers, not so fun director(s)

Before the newest director, I loved my job. Under the newest director, the management went to trash. Lack of ambition. Lazy, and preoccupied with her life. The idea behind co-directors was to hold each other accountable, but instead they found the quickest ways to cut corners and not give the staff the full support they needed.

Pros

wonderful parents and staff appreciation days

Cons

Lack of ambition and motivation in management

Excelente ambiente laboral

Es un colegio bastante completo, con un nivel académico excelente y un ambiente laboral bastante bueno

Competitive

Did not receive enough compensation for the amount of work needed. Did not receive enough support from other staff during difficult and challenging times.

I love working at Summitschool

I truly love working at Summit School. I have always had a great relationship with the school, staff, and head of the school. I have been teachIng at Summit for 13 years and I will continue to work their as long as I can. The students are part of my heart and soul. They are amazing. Working with Special Needs students has given me so many blessings. I’m super grateful for them.

Volunteer Position

Prepared and served hot lunch to children in grades kindergarten through eighth grade. This included helping with cleaning and preparation of food and the lunchroom and cooking area.

Excelente empresa

Es muy buena la escuela, la dirección y el.personal excelente, no es sólonuna empresa es una institución por dar buena educación a los alumnos y tienes el campo ideal para desarrollarte profesionalmente.

Pros

Excelentes instalaciones y buenos compañeros de trabajo

Cons

Los alumnos por ser de sociedad de economia alta es difícil motivarlos a trabajar, todo quieren rápido y a su modo, suelen ser groseros y despotas por no trabajar, no les gusta hacer actividad física.

Excellent

Teaching @ Summit School was a very positive experience for . I learned alot , was very successful , was accepted , had friends , and my family was allowed to be a part of the Summit School family. My mother , and my son volunteered ; my husband played floor hockey every Wendsday evening with the teachers.

Very warming and charming place of work!

Working with children, and better yet those of special needs is a true blessing and is rewarding beyond measure, therefore I am forever grateful to employed by a school focusing on such a wonderful population!

rewarding job

This job allowed for a non stress work environment, great people, great students, my favorite career by far. I would still be there if I had not moved so far away.

Safe and comfortable work place

Summit is a safe and comfortable work place they care a lot about there workers and if you need help with something they will do all they can to ensure you get the proper help.

Pros

Safe and comfortable

Cons

Low pay

Great team!

Productive and fun department to work in. Continuous opportunities for learning. Team of OTs is supportive and works great together. Workload is challenging but manageable.

Excellent school

Excellent group of professionals. Learned a lot from my years there. Particularly enjoyed the opportunity to be both in and out of the classroom with students.

Summit School

I had never worked at a private school before so this was completely new to me. I didn't realize how teachers could conspire to hurt other teachers they didn't like. I have never known teachers like that. The students were fantastic and I enjoyed working with them. The administration was not supportive at all. I know now that I was meant to teach in the public schools.

Pros

Great students, some wonderful parents

Cons

Lack of support from other teachers and administration

Learning Experience

A typical day would start of as stocking up, making sure the store was clean. The work space was small but we got everything done within our work space. Everyone was friendly and great people. Even though some of my co-workers would be difficult to work with.

Pros

Flexible Hours with School

Cons

poor teamwork

Recommend working here

Fun workplace with a lot of collaborative thinking. Some days are more stressful than others but all in all it is a great place to work. You get to work with a variety of people and students on a daily basis to help better your craft of teaching.

Pros

Free Breakfast and Lunch

Cons

Stressful environment at times

Good working place with children with developmental disabilities

The school environment is adapted to meet the special needs of the students The staff is friendly and approachable Typical day at work: Assist the teacher in teaching, supervise the students during their break times, intervene when students' behavior issues occur, modify students' schoolwork in order for them to have a higher chance to succeed and animate activities for students. The most challenging part of this job is that it is mostly hands-on so you always have to be alert and on the move.

Great place to be a student and great place to work

I worked at Summit school over 10 yrs ago. When I was in a transition period in my life I worked as a part time computer graphics teacher for students, as well as a math tutor. It was a very enriching experience. I found all of my coworkers to be kind and enjoyable to work with.

Creación de Escuela

Fue una experiencia increíble el haber tenido la oportunidad de abrir un centro escolar con una propuesta educativa innovadora diferente

Historically great school environment

For most of my years at Summit, a typical day working with children was interesting and satisfying. The last two years there under the most recent manager, it became much more stressful. I learned through the 20+ years there how to negotiate with and lead teachers, parents and children as a counselor in a school. For most years the management was excellent, very supportive of workers and professional growth, encouraging teacher autonomy, health and well-being for the benefit of children. The school ethos was extremely positive, of the highest quality. As management changed, it became very difficult to work in the anxious environment that evolved under the new leadership style. However, the treasured relationships with children, parents and teachers remain forever.

Pros

Long history of loving school environment

Cons

Difficult management change

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SUMMIT SCHOOL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement