Summit Food Service, a Division of Colabor

Summit Food Service, a Division of Colabor Employee Reviews

I worked for summit foods for 20 years during this time I was able to grow within the company from a warehouse selector to forklift operator and then onto delivery driver. I enjoyed the customer interaction and new experiences being out on the road doing deliveries For the most part I had no problems with any management while working for summit As for the workplace it self was a great place to work overall until the end came
A good place to work & learn about different aspects of life in a warehouse & the many skill levels that come with working in the foodservice industry.
Pros
Learning, always learning.
Cons
Be prepared to work on most holidays .
Une tres belle experiences je recommande. Bon patron
fast pace ,very productive , completion of task on time.work as a team player , organized .adhere to company and safety policies.help with the training of new employees.
Great HR. The original supervisors from my hire date awesome no complaints. Is it a perfect workplace setting? No. Like most places. Avoid the negativity and focus on productivity. Operate as a team! I've had to (sometimes) even if it's me myself and I! Great pride is Always achieved when the ride or tide is rough or high! Always try you're best to build orders with strong foundations. Double wrap them! Paid breaks. Boot allowance. Arrive early to avoid running in on meetings. Practise respect in the workplace and you'll get it. Avoid the the drama of others. The others won't be beneficial. Leave the family stuff at home and work. Be discreet calm and collective of all occurrences in the workplace. Overall experience it has been great. Maintain body core strength for this job. Freezer suits are provided. Unionized environment with online courses set for opportunities. Maintain lifting techniques and you'll be Great! Again avoid the negativity and focus on your productivity. If and all possible report any unsafe procedures or accidents. Be diligent and have your own journal. Know your rights as an employee/union rights. Moreover, attitude..attitude..attitude it really pays off as well as your impression. Ignore the groups and ignorance of others. Lastly, this workplace isn't filled with transient workers, if your doing a great job continue. This is a Canadian company. I had pride working here. Always shine positivity on others. Take that extra mile. Be sincere! Communication is key. Don't yell. Be assertive. Have your witnesses or stuardist there. Be professional - more...
Treat you like they own you. Lots of layoffs and firing. A very unstable company. Stay away unless your desperate. Also, a 4.5 month probation.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Bad work environment, get treated like they own you, because you get paid more then a lot of places
Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum Advertisements, "spam" content, or references to other companies, offers, or websites Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses, or other forms of contact information Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors Allegations of illegal activity — this is not a forum for reporting crimes Defamatory content A Labourer type of an Stationary Engineer.
Pros
Discounted burgers
Cons
Unsecured Job, unprofessional employees
fun place to work good pay management is easy to work with working in the freezer environment is very cold but they give you suits so you get used to it
Everyday was different. Inputted orders when customers called in and informed them of any sales. Tracked any orders or issues. Called customers for any orders. Invoiced and released orders.
Pros
Great management
I worked at Summit Foods for 8 months. Horrible environment, unprofessional and bad vibes. Rude supervisors. The company is very unorganized. They need to train people a lot better. One day of training is not enough. The way the company is going, they won't be around in a few years. When I left this job, a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I wouldn't go back there to work if they paid me $200/hr
Pros
Not much or any
Cons
Unreasonable supervisors, long hours, very unorganized
les chaauffeurs sont jaaloux des nouveaux arrivants.hypocrites..ils m ont fait travailler 3 mois et apres ils ont mis fin mes services sans raaison.et jetais pret pour tout donner.je ne vous le conseille pas.jai commis aucune faaute aucune erreur.
Pros
aucun
Cons
tout
I worked there for 6 years got hurt doing my job and was treated poorly afterward I loved the people I worked with other drivers warehouse staff great people when I see that there only 17.51 an hour pay that's a slap in the face for all you have to do and who you have to put up with Upper management namely the Battersby Brothers
Pros
Fellow workers
Cons
Bad management
Was hired as inventory clerk expect you to work in a freezer for an hour almost lost my fingers on a stress cold was fired after i told my supervisor my concern because he saw me getting out in the freezer every 25 min to get warmed does not provide thermal socks and proper gloves was sent home immediately beware your health and safety are more important than $16.35 an hour
Pros
Clean
Cons
Stress cold
They lack a training period for new drivers, and almost try to scare drivers out of working by laying extreme workloads and unsafe environments in which the new driver is stressed.
Pros
Advertised 4 day work week. Decent pay, overtime after 40.
Cons
Long hours, asked to work 5 days min 12 hours max 15 hours .high risk of injury.
Summit is and has been going through a lot of changes with weak directions from the parent company Colabor . There is a constant change in the sales force including management. Summit continues to service the multi unit food industry quite well, however the independent operators do not get the same service. There's no job security.... make sure you put together a good " exit strategy " if you plan on working there.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No job security