Summit Food Service, a Division of Colabor Employee Reviews

marde
Chauffeur classe 1 (Former Employee) –  ottowa22 January 2019
les chaauffeurs sont jaaloux des nouveaux arrivants.hypocrites..ils m ont fait travailler 3 mois et apres ils ont mis fin mes services sans raaison.et jetais pret pour tout donner.je ne vous le conseille pas.jai commis aucune faaute aucune erreur.
Pros
aucun
Cons
tout
Pay
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 January 2019
I worked there for 6 years got hurt doing my job and was treated poorly afterward I loved the people I worked with other drivers warehouse staff great people when I see that there only 17.51 an hour pay that's a slap in the face for all you have to do and who you have to put up with Upper management namely the Battersby Brothers
Pros
Fellow workers
Cons
Bad management
Not concern about your health
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 November 2018
Was hired as inventory clerk expect you to work in a freezer for an hour almost lost my fingers on a stress cold was fired after i told my supervisor my concern because he saw me getting out in the freezer every 25 min to get warmed does not provide thermal socks and proper gloves was sent home immediately beware your health and safety are more important than $16.35 an hour
Pros
Clean
Cons
Stress cold
Lack training period
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 November 2018
They lack a training period for new drivers, and almost try to scare drivers out of working by laying extreme workloads and unsafe environments in which the new driver is stressed.
Pros
Advertised 4 day work week. Decent pay, overtime after 40.
Cons
Long hours, asked to work 5 days min 12 hours max 15 hours .high risk of injury.
Very unstable company
RSM (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2018
Summit is and has been going through a lot of changes with weak directions from the parent company Colabor . There is a constant change in the sales force including management. Summit continues to service the multi unit food industry quite well, however the independent operators do not get the same service.
There's no job security.... make sure you put together a good " exit strategy " if you plan on working there.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No job security
was a place where everybody was like family
Reach Truck Operator/ Warehouse Selector (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON26 May 2017
good place to work. A place where everyone from management, warehouse, day/night shift to delivery drivers all got along. Every body knew what to do and always helped out when needed.