Summit Camps

Summit Camps Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
I worked from 3 am in the morning to 2 pm . I learned a lot of kitchen work and the i teach new workers about house- keeping . I stayed in camp 4 wks in and 2 wks out. The hardest part is you have to be in good shape when it comes to taking grocery in and putting things in the right place for the cook. I love working in camps. I'm ready and willing to stay in camp, fly in/ fly out. I'm used to long period of work. The most enjoyable is walking, fishing on weekends. We had our own rec room. Play pool table or darts or watch sports.
I learned how to become a housekeeper, how to keep everything well organized. A day at work every day was kind of stressful, but I've got everything done on time. The hardest part of the job was carrying heavy boxes, without no cart to push it on.
Had a busy day cleaning ,all good. Miss working for camp summit. I enjoyed the time I got to work here. Everyone was great. I'd be willing to go and work for them again!
Pros
free lunches, great hours, Away from home
Cons
Away from home
Lack of strong leadership from the top down, lack of organized structure and proper communication. Tools are mostly unsafe and damaged, I emphasize extreme lack in supervision and leadership which leads to lost of crew morale.
Pros
Excellent hours
Cons
Camp accommodations and leadership
I enjoyed working in the remote fire camp. It was a new experience for me. I had to learn and adjust to working with different types of people. Hard work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Summit Camps. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6