Summerhill Market Pay & Benefits reviews

Co workers are great, management...not so much.
Assistant Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2018
Co-workers were the best part of the job. Even my direct boss was great but the higher up management needs to respect their employees and the work they do for their company.

You're also expected to work crazy long hours(yes, you get the overtime) but it never ends and if you do want to leave after the 8hr mark, you're made to feel like you need to make up for 'leaving early'.

I was a manager. When minimum wage went up, I became a manager working for minimum wage. They didn't even attempt to rectify this even after I stated I would leave if I didn't get a raise. So I'm now no longer an employee and they're offering the raise I asked for in their new job posting. Really classy Summerhill.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
long hours, bad management, not competetive wages
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
Good hours, above average pay. Was one of my favourite places to work. That's why I was there almost a decade. People who I worked with were awesome, built a lot of friendships being there. Management was fair and always treated you fairly and addressed problems.
Pros
Nice discount on food items
Cons
Not the easiest place to get to by public transit
Very good workplace for New comer.
Food Preparation Team Member (Former Employee) –  446 Summerhill Ave,Toronto, ON23 February 2017
It's a good workplace of work. I have been working there since I came here in Canada. The manager and the co workers are nice and helpful. I never had an experienced about hard time in my workplace. required training related to my work are provided.
Pros
Flexibility of working hours.
Cons
good opportunity to learn.
High Customer Service
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
It's important to the market to offer a high quality of customer service in every area.The company knows that very well that's why they give a very pleasant workplace environment, and co-workers help you to improve your skills as a team job.
Pros
Flexible hours, good work environment, supportive
Cons
Salary