Summer Fresh Salads

Summer Fresh Salads Work-life balance reviews

Work would start at 6 pm to 5am, giving 3 breaks in total. Standing for 3-4 hours straight and working non-stop. Operating machines and hand packing hummus, dips and salads.
i work there in a packaging and mixing department and the whole staff was very friendly and supportive. Just because I have to move from there that’s why I had to leave that company. Looking forward to work in new companies for my better future.
Worked there for quite some time, is boring and there is too much work that is required. Not much diversity and is there is noise while working as machines are running
Pros
Make friends
Cons
Hard work
Too much work is give and the management is very strict. Usually work until break and cannot social a lot. At the end of the day, its a good pay and its a job for a while. Gets tired quickly and muscles start to hurt after working for consecutive hours.
Pros
Food that is not packaged
Cons
long hours, wtoo much work, strict
job environment is really good. staff was very co-operative and understanding. workplace culture is also good. I learned lot of thing there regarding my duty and other food hygiene factors as well.
Pros
free lunch sometimes.
Cons
long hours on friday
There is not one employee that is happy. The owner treats everyone horribly and management is a mess. The work/life balance is unheard of. Very strict management, unrealistic expectations, judgemental and very unprofessional owner/management. By far the worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
nice looking office building
Cons
long hours, low salary, overworked, very strict and very rude management, the owner demoralizes her employees, toxic environment, very unhappy staff
a day at work is quite tiring but as there are a lot of friendly co-workers, one don't feel tiredness. pay scale is good. every weekend workers are allowed to take away things they want to eat.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
Growth was very limited at Summer Fresh. Management was not too keen on helping an individual improve, grow and flourish. Lack of helpfulness from management team at times. Lack of understanding from coworkers. Good company culture. Overall, people are nice - just poor management skills at times.
Cold environment and working safety equipment is very necessary. Worked part-time, only weekends and night, mid-night shifts. I really enjoy the job.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Cold environment
Summer Fresh Salads is a fast growing privately owned company. The owner provided a gym within the offices and worked us all as hard as she would allow us to have fun. I worked from home. I would start on the phone and computer, following up messages, making appointments and coordinating and arranging food presentations, working with chefs preparing tastings for customers. Management works very hard. Coworkers were remarkable, hardworking, helpful, fun. Hardest part of the job was role playing in front of co workers/management testing our abilities. Some of the most enjoyable parts of the job were doing Trade shows, and collaboration with customers giving feelings of accomplishment.
Pros
treated to great food, interesting restaurants always doing R & D.
Cons
at times I worked very long hours
it is a good company and very fast paced, but unfortunately lacked on the management and job security wise. it was the first time i learnt to use big machines for pacakaging, and i am quick learner when i started my supervisor told me straight on my face that i'll see how you work today and then i will tell at the end of the shift if you can continue or not. but as a hard worker she just couldn't wait for the whole shift and told me before the half time that she would love to work with me.
Pros
got to see how the different kinds of salads & dips are made
Cons
certain management persons who were not so inviting.
What I can say is over all I enjoyed my stay at summer fresh. The people are good and we respect each other. Working as a team is a must, what I learned is that everyone has to complement each other. If one person is weak in an area, we step and help each other to help make the factory run smoothly. The factory is cold and it’s a very heavy lifting job, but the kind hearted people make it enjoyable.
Pros
the owner is very honest, and its honest work.
Cons
it's a very cold area to work in.