Summer Fresh Salads

Summer Fresh Salads Management reviews

fast-pace work gained multitasking work management good mixed culture, friendly the hardest part of the job was continuously standing for 8 hours good employees
Increasingly, the culture grew into a competitive, insecure and untrusting workplace. Summer Fresh did not offer a HR Dept for employees, which created a toxic environment.
Pros
exciting products, proudly Canadian
I started working at summer fresh in 2017 I was dedicated to my job and did everything nicely but the workplace environment itself isn't safe and the temperature really gets to you and the Management is just sloppy and disrespectful because of that I couldn't work there anymore so I quit
Too much work is give and the management is very strict. Usually work until break and cannot social a lot. At the end of the day, its a good pay and its a job for a while. Gets tired quickly and muscles start to hurt after working for consecutive hours.
Pros
Food that is not packaged
Cons
long hours, wtoo much work, strict
This company appears nice on the outside, with the great products and beautiful office; but the management within this office is horrible. The amount of miserable and unhappy employees in the office because of the management is astounding, which would explain their incredibly high turn-over rate. The benefits are minimal, no sick days, and very difficult to live on the salary they give. They are very loyal to employees with more seniority, however if you are young and new to the company, prepare to be undervalued and treated as though you are unimportant.
Cons
There is not one employee that is happy. The owner treats everyone horribly and management is a mess. The work/life balance is unheard of. Very strict management, unrealistic expectations, judgemental and very unprofessional owner/management. By far the worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
nice looking office building
Cons
long hours, low salary, overworked, very strict and very rude management, the owner demoralizes her employees, toxic environment, very unhappy staff
Growth was very limited at Summer Fresh. Management was not too keen on helping an individual improve, grow and flourish. Lack of helpfulness from management team at times. Lack of understanding from coworkers. Good company culture. Overall, people are nice - just poor management skills at times.
- It Is nice place to work at but they do not give benefits. - Minimum Wages - $11. 40 - Learned how to make certain types of foods that I have never made and are not part of my culture. - Management is good - Neat and Clean Place to work at - To not get Benefits - There are many things that I enjoy about Summer Fresh but, the nice part is that everyone treats me well.
Pros
Friendly, nice, kind
Cons
Benefit
Summer Fresh Salads is a fast growing privately owned company. The owner provided a gym within the offices and worked us all as hard as she would allow us to have fun. I worked from home. I would start on the phone and computer, following up messages, making appointments and coordinating and arranging food presentations, working with chefs preparing tastings for customers. Management works very hard. Coworkers were remarkable, hardworking, helpful, fun. Hardest part of the job was role playing in front of co workers/management testing our abilities. Some of the most enjoyable parts of the job were doing Trade shows, and collaboration with customers giving feelings of accomplishment.
Pros
treated to great food, interesting restaurants always doing R & D.
Cons
at times I worked very long hours
it is a good company and very fast paced, but unfortunately lacked on the management and job security wise. it was the first time i learnt to use big machines for pacakaging, and i am quick learner when i started my supervisor told me straight on my face that i'll see how you work today and then i will tell at the end of the shift if you can continue or not. but as a hard worker she just couldn't wait for the whole shift and told me before the half time that she would love to work with me.
Pros
got to see how the different kinds of salads & dips are made
Cons
certain management persons who were not so inviting.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Summer Fresh Salads?