Summer Fresh Salads

Summer Fresh Salads Employee Reviews in Woodbridge, ON

Work would start at 6 pm to 5am, giving 3 breaks in total. Standing for 3-4 hours straight and working non-stop. Operating machines and hand packing hummus, dips and salads.
i work there in a packaging and mixing department and the whole staff was very friendly and supportive. Just because I have to move from there that’s why I had to leave that company. Looking forward to work in new companies for my better future.
I started working at summer fresh in 2017 I was dedicated to my job and did everything nicely but the workplace environment itself isn't safe and the temperature really gets to you and the Management is just sloppy and disrespectful because of that I couldn't work there anymore so I quit
Good coworkers and senior staff. that are approachable and friendly. Staff are often treated to share of the company's food. Highly professional and neat work environment.
The company focuses on hygiene and quality of products. All employees are well dressed and focused to work. The temperature is cold due to production of hummus,salads and dips.
It was the good job..Pay rate was good..super wiser co-operative..I receive my pay on time..It was the interesting job.many people visit on this store.
Cons
Worked there for quite some time, is boring and there is too much work that is required. Not much diversity and is there is noise while working as machines are running
Pros
Make friends
Cons
Hard work
Too much work is give and the management is very strict. Usually work until break and cannot social a lot. At the end of the day, its a good pay and its a job for a while. Gets tired quickly and muscles start to hurt after working for consecutive hours.
Pros
Food that is not packaged
Cons
long hours, wtoo much work, strict
This company appears nice on the outside, with the great products and beautiful office; but the management within this office is horrible. The amount of miserable and unhappy employees in the office because of the management is astounding, which would explain their incredibly high turn-over rate. The benefits are minimal, no sick days, and very difficult to live on the salary they give. They are very loyal to employees with more seniority, however if you are young and new to the company, prepare to be undervalued and treated as though you are unimportant.
Cons
job environment is really good. staff was very co-operative and understanding. workplace culture is also good. I learned lot of thing there regarding my duty and other food hygiene factors as well.
Pros
free lunch sometimes.
Cons
long hours on friday
There is not one employee that is happy. The owner treats everyone horribly and management is a mess. The work/life balance is unheard of. Very strict management, unrealistic expectations, judgemental and very unprofessional owner/management. By far the worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
nice looking office building
Cons
long hours, low salary, overworked, very strict and very rude management, the owner demoralizes her employees, toxic environment, very unhappy staff
a day at work is quite tiring but as there are a lot of friendly co-workers, one don't feel tiredness. pay scale is good. every weekend workers are allowed to take away things they want to eat.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
I worked in this over 3 years, and i had really great experience with supervisor and cow workers. first year i was a packer, second year i was a production and third year i was a machine operator.
Cons
8.5 hours
Its a good place to work mostly salads and dips production.Cold inside the building pay never goes up most of people get minumum wage rude supervisors
Growth was very limited at Summer Fresh. Management was not too keen on helping an individual improve, grow and flourish. Lack of helpfulness from management team at times. Lack of understanding from coworkers. Good company culture. Overall, people are nice - just poor management skills at times.
- It Is nice place to work at but they do not give benefits. - Minimum Wages - $11. 40 - Learned how to make certain types of foods that I have never made and are not part of my culture. - Management is good - Neat and Clean Place to work at - To not get Benefits - There are many things that I enjoy about Summer Fresh but, the nice part is that everyone treats me well.
Pros
Friendly, nice, kind
Cons
Benefit
Summer Fresh Salads is a fast growing privately owned company. The owner provided a gym within the offices and worked us all as hard as she would allow us to have fun. I worked from home. I would start on the phone and computer, following up messages, making appointments and coordinating and arranging food presentations, working with chefs preparing tastings for customers. Management works very hard. Coworkers were remarkable, hardworking, helpful, fun. Hardest part of the job was role playing in front of co workers/management testing our abilities. Some of the most enjoyable parts of the job were doing Trade shows, and collaboration with customers giving feelings of accomplishment.
Pros
treated to great food, interesting restaurants always doing R & D.
Cons
at times I worked very long hours
My day to day consisted mostly of collecting samples from around the factory and testing them for any contamination. I would also walk through the factory and ensure that the facility was kept clean and that the workers were following food safety protocols. The part that i enjoyed the most about the job was the freedom to work at my own pace and manage my time between projects.
The most enjoyable aspect of sales manager for Summer Fresh is creating sales opportunities with my sales team and growing the business. Another pleasure is analyzing methods to increase efficiencies and become more effective in our roles.
it is a good company and very fast paced, but unfortunately lacked on the management and job security wise. it was the first time i learnt to use big machines for pacakaging, and i am quick learner when i started my supervisor told me straight on my face that i'll see how you work today and then i will tell at the end of the shift if you can continue or not. but as a hard worker she just couldn't wait for the whole shift and told me before the half time that she would love to work with me.
Pros
got to see how the different kinds of salads & dips are made
Cons
certain management persons who were not so inviting.
What I can say is over all I enjoyed my stay at summer fresh. The people are good and we respect each other. Working as a team is a must, what I learned is that everyone has to complement each other. If one person is weak in an area, we step and help each other to help make the factory run smoothly. The factory is cold and it’s a very heavy lifting job, but the kind hearted people make it enjoyable.
Pros
the owner is very honest, and its honest work.
Cons
it's a very cold area to work in.