Summer Fresh Salads Employee Reviews

Toxic work environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON22 June 2018
There is not one employee that is happy. The owner treats everyone horribly and management is a mess. The work/life balance is unheard of. Very strict management, unrealistic expectations, judgemental and very unprofessional owner/management. By far the worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
nice looking office building
Cons
long hours, low salary, overworked, very strict and very rude management, the owner demoralizes her employees, toxic environment, very unhappy staff
enjoyed working there. good payscale
Packaging Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON9 January 2018
a day at work is quite tiring but as there are a lot of friendly co-workers, one don't feel tiredness. pay scale is good. every weekend workers are allowed to take away things they want to eat.
Pros
friendly co workers
Creative and productive
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON1 October 2017
I worked in this over 3 years, and i had really great experience with supervisor and cow workers. first year i was a packer, second year i was a production and third year i was a machine operator.
Cons
8.5 hours
Fun place to work
Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON5 June 2017
Its a good place to work mostly salads and dips production.Cold inside the building pay never goes up most of people get minumum wage rude supervisors
Good company culture, but not the best opportunity for growth.
Inside Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON3 March 2017
Growth was very limited at Summer Fresh.
Management was not too keen on helping an individual improve, grow and flourish.
Lack of helpfulness from management team at times.
Lack of understanding from coworkers.
Good company culture.
Overall, people are nice - just poor management skills at times.
Nice, Caring and Understanding
Cooking , Packing , and making spices (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON29 January 2017
- It Is nice place to work at but they do not give benefits.
- Minimum Wages - $11. 40
- Learned how to make certain types of foods that I have never made and are not part of my culture.
- Management is good
- Neat and Clean Place to work at
- To not get Benefits
- There are many things that I enjoy about Summer Fresh but, the nice part is that everyone treats me well.
Pros
Friendly, nice, kind
Cons
Benefit
Food comapny
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 December 2016
Cold environment and working safety equipment is very necessary. Worked part-time, only weekends and night, mid-night shifts. I really enjoy the job.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Cold environment
Summer Fresh Salads is a fast growing privately owned company. The owner provided a gym within the offices and worked us all as hard as she would allo
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON5 December 2016
Summer Fresh Salads is a fast growing privately owned company.
The owner provided a gym within the offices and worked us all as hard as she would allow us to have fun.

I worked from home. I would start on the phone and computer, following up messages, making appointments and coordinating and
arranging food presentations, working with chefs preparing tastings for customers.

Management works very hard.

Coworkers were remarkable, hardworking, helpful, fun.

Hardest part of the job was role playing in front of co workers/management testing our abilities.

Some of the most enjoyable parts of the job were doing Trade shows, and collaboration with customers giving feelings of accomplishment.
Pros
treated to great food, interesting restaurants always doing R & D.
Cons
at times I worked very long hours
packing
Packing (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 July 2016
Fast work
no stoping
not hard not packing for 8 hours and standing at the same spot can get hard and lazy, really cold place to work. alot of misundering at summer freash
A well run factory with a good environment
Laboratory Technician/ Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON13 April 2015
My day to day consisted mostly of collecting samples from around the factory and testing them for any contamination. I would also walk through the factory and ensure that the facility was kept clean and that the workers were following food safety protocols. The part that i enjoyed the most about the job was the freedom to work at my own pace and manage my time between projects.
Balanced and
MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON28 August 2014
Its good to learn regarding machines.
Also my mentor is really helpful and teaches very fine details and with knowledge.
An entrepreneurial atmosphere with dedicated people.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON28 February 2014
The most enjoyable aspect of sales manager for Summer Fresh is creating sales opportunities with my sales team and growing the business. Another pleasure is analyzing methods to increase efficiencies and become more effective in our roles.
productive
Lead Hand Associate (Former Employee) –  woodbridge15 May 2013
it is a good company and very fast paced, but unfortunately lacked on the management and job security wise.
it was the first time i learnt to use big machines for pacakaging, and i am quick learner when i started my supervisor told me straight on my face that i'll see how you work today and then i will tell at the end of the shift if you can continue or not.
but as a hard worker she just couldn't wait for the whole shift and told me before the half time that she would love to work with me.
Pros
got to see how the different kinds of salads & dips are made
Cons
certain management persons who were not so inviting.
Summer Fresh
assembly line worker (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON25 January 2013
What I can say is over all I enjoyed my stay at summer fresh. The people are good and we respect each other. Working as a team is a must, what I learned is that everyone has to complement each other. If one person is weak in an area, we step and help each other to help make the factory run smoothly. The factory is cold and it’s a very heavy lifting job, but the kind hearted people make it enjoyable.
Pros
the owner is very honest, and its honest work.
Cons
it's a very cold area to work in.