Summer Fresh Salads

Summer Fresh Salads Employee Reviews

Canada28 reviews
productive and clean environment
Work would start at 6 pm to 5am, giving 3 breaks in total. Standing for 3-4 hours straight and working non-stop. Operating machines and hand packing hummus, dips and salads.
Good work experience
Recommend everyone to work there ..
Learnt many skills about machines...

Learnt how to repair and wash the machines.

Some languages from different people
Productive and Fast-pace
fast-pace work
gained multitasking

work management good

mixed culture, friendly

the hardest part of the job was continuously standing for 8 hours

good employees
Had a wonderful time worki
i work there in a packaging and mixing department and the whole staff was very friendly and supportive. Just because I have to move from there that’s why I had to leave that company. Looking forward to work in new companies for my better future.
Normally
I started working at summer fresh in 2017 I was dedicated to my job and did everything nicely but the workplace environment itself isn't safe and the temperature really gets to you and the Management is just sloppy and disrespectful because of that I couldn't work there anymore so I quit
generally friendly
Good coworkers and senior staff. that are approachable and friendly. Staff are often treated to share of the company's food. Highly professional and neat work environment.
Hygiene maintainence company
The company focuses on hygiene and quality of products. All employees are well dressed and focused to work. The temperature is cold due to production of hummus,salads and dips.
Good
It was the good job..Pay rate was good..super wiser co-operative..I receive my pay on time..It was the interesting job.many people visit on this store.
Boring and long hours
Worked there for quite some time, is boring and there is too much work that is required. Not much diversity and is there is noise while working as machines are running
Pros
Make friends
Cons
Hard work
Not the best place to work at
Too much work is give and the management is very strict. Usually work until break and cannot social a lot. At the end of the day, its a good pay and its a job for a while. Gets tired quickly and muscles start to hurt after working for consecutive hours.
Pros
Food that is not packaged
Cons
long hours, wtoo much work, strict
Poor management and poor treatment of employees
This company appears nice on the outside, with the great products and beautiful office; but the management within this office is horrible.
The amount of miserable and unhappy employees in the office because of the management is astounding, which would explain their incredibly high turn-over rate.

The benefits are minimal, no sick days, and very difficult to live on the salary they give.

They are very loyal to employees with more seniority, however if you are young and new to the company, prepare to be undervalued and treated as though you are unimportant.
Cons
job environment is really god
job environment is really good. staff was very co-operative and understanding. workplace culture is also good. I learned lot of thing there regarding my duty and other food hygiene factors as well.
Pros
free lunch sometimes.
Cons
long hours on friday
Excellent
Working at this company is amazing as per their fast paced environment. And the skills that i have learnt from there in my professional filed was pretty good so far. I worked there as a recruiter in that company.
Toxic work environment
There is not one employee that is happy. The owner treats everyone horribly and management is a mess. The work/life balance is unheard of. Very strict management, unrealistic expectations, judgemental and very unprofessional owner/management. By far the worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
nice looking office building
Cons
long hours, low salary, overworked, very strict and very rude management, the owner demoralizes her employees, toxic environment, very unhappy staff
wonderful work environment
food preparation company with a nice work environment. People from different race work their. i learnt a lot more about complex and simple machine. i enjoyed operating the machine it is really fun.
Pros
15 minutes break
Cons
30 minutes lun
enjoyed working there. good payscale
a day at work is quite tiring but as there are a lot of friendly co-workers, one don't feel tiredness. pay scale is good. every weekend workers are allowed to take away things they want to eat.
Pros
friendly co workers
Creative and productive
I worked in this over 3 years, and i had really great experience with supervisor and cow workers. first year i was a packer, second year i was a production and third year i was a machine operator.
Cons
8.5 hours
Fun place to work
Its a good place to work mostly salads and dips production.Cold inside the building pay never goes up most of people get minumum wage rude supervisors
Good company culture, but not the best opportunity for growth.
Growth was very limited at Summer Fresh.
Management was not too keen on helping an individual improve, grow and flourish.

Lack of helpfulness from management team at times.

Lack of understanding from coworkers.

Good company culture.

Overall, people are nice - just poor management skills at times.
Nice, Caring and Understanding
- It Is nice place to work at but they do not give benefits.
- Minimum Wages - $11. 40

- Learned how to make certain types of foods that I have never made and are not part of my culture.

- Management is good

- Neat and Clean Place to work at

- To not get Benefits

- There are many things that I enjoy about Summer Fresh but, the nice part is that everyone treats me well.
Pros
Friendly, nice, kind
Cons
Benefit
Food comapny
Cold environment and working safety equipment is very necessary. Worked part-time, only weekends and night, mid-night shifts. I really enjoy the job.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Cold environment