Sugarfina

Sugarfina Employee Reviews

I worked at Sugarfina for a year and two months; and it's easily the best job I've had. The culture is very good and focused on character building, ie very structured on entrepreneurial spirit. The only sore spot is the fact that a bankruptcy distorted the functionality of the business. They didn't file anyones T4s from 2019 pre-bankruptcy, so everyone, me included, in Canada is screwed for taxes!
OverallGreat People to work amongst. Nothing bad to say at all. I enjoy my time there and learned alot during my employment there. Good company morals. Employees matter.
The salary is fair, the schedule is flexible, managment team is also very good, this is a good place for students, customers are also very nice and the Sugarfina culture is indeed Sweet! I enjoyed working for Sugarfina!
Nice place to have worked management were sympathetic to all employer leads were well versed in the job and worked along with each individual to make sure work is perform quickly and correctly
El lugar indicado en crecer, y tener una vida mas motivadora y un buen ambiente entre compañeros.
great place to work for people work in Harmony team environment just a big family. it was great to serve the public. the benefits included medical dental vision were great. very clean company a great boss
The company that I was with before this was a very fast-paced environment and demanded more from workers. From helping customers, to email capture rates, to making the daily sale goals. At Sugarfina, it was very fun and calm environment! I genuinely loved my job, I enjoyed it while it lasted and I'm still very devastated that our store had to close. Definitely one of the easiest retail places to work at
Sugarfina is an awesome company to work for with competitive pay, great benefits, and fantastic company culture. The sweetest people work at Sugarfina (pun intended!)
Sugarfina is a great company to work for if you are looking to move up. They definitely encourage entrepreneurial spirit and innovation but they need to spend time on the upper management and operations portion.
Pros
Quality of products
Cons
Operations, Upper Management
The company decided to close a number of stores with no warning. They've grown too quickly and are failing at communicating down. Store was closing but end dates changed constantly.
learned Everyday from every Department at there Warehouse and loved the fulltime Early shift I was offered , it was a cold Warehouse to keep all that Chocolate Candy
Working at Sugarfina was worse than high school. The district manager will not take complaints seriously- no resolution of problems and the managers are entitled and catty. I would never recommend anyone to work here. Never. Nothing but complaining and unprofessional activities from manager. Insufficient scheduling hours are allotted and a lot is expected in store in the few shifts you get, so that means there is even more inappropriate complaining. Constantly get reprimanded for things that were ok the day before. It was too fun one day and the next everything was inappropriate and employees were talked down to. District manager has a large district, so... you might encounter her.
Pros
candy samples
Cons
unprofessional, toxic environment, bad management
I loved working at Sugarfina! The employees at every level were friendly and easy to get to know. Management were very approachable and easy to talk to. I looked forward to going to work every day!
Pros
Plenty of hours, fair pay, great management and people to work with
Cons
Multiple reasons pushed me away from Sugarfina. Whether anyone reads this or not, it is now out there in the universe. I started as a sales associate for 6 months before applying and being promoted to keyholder. At the time of my promotion my salary went up a few dollars without me truly knowing how much I could've asked for. About 5 months later I was given a raise of 7%. Except the raise I actually got was actually less than 1%, and Sugarfina's reasoning behind this was A) I was given a lot of my raise at the time of my promotion, and B) They don't technically have to give me a raise so take what I have. I was told these things through my manager who had to ask on my behalf, as this was never explained to me. There was constant miscommunication or passive aggressiveness if I had questions. I would be told to "check action mail", despite clearly quoting action mail in my question. I would not get actual answers, or even a reply most days. Another reason was talking to my RM (at the time DM) about a bad experience I had with two customers while alone in the store. He laughed and said "you should see the stuff I see on the cameras". I was trying to explain the situation of feeling uncomfortable and harassed and he instead changed the subject to talk about HIMSELF and stuff he had SEEN, not experienced, and how employees try to lie about dress code, etc. At the time of installation, management said the cameras were just for our protection, to see where customers stood the most in stores, and not for micro management. However my RM would say there were times they'd watch certain - more...
The job was full of surprises and something new to keep you engaging. Typically, you would be require to spread sweet through handing out complimentary products of the company to people passing by the stores for most of your shift. So, be prepare! The most enjoyable part of the job was working there because you get to interact with some of the sweetest customers and help them find the perfect gift for their spacial someone!
At first I kept trying to decide if I wanted to work here or at another place I interviewed with. I decided to go with Sugarfina instead, and I am happy I did. Adult luxury candy store that is chic, and I met some wonderful customers.
Pros
You get to sample all the candies from different countries around the world :)
Cons
not closed on many holidays
Fun job but nothing more different then any other job in the city. Had a good time learning from them and is a great starting job for a college kid!!!
Pros
Free smaples, good pay, easy work load
Cons
sometimes slow, boring hours, bad DM
Only good as a temporary job. After holidays hours suck and management plays favorites. Lots of underhanded stuff that goes on. attitude problem and just plain shady
Pros
Cons
low pay
decent place to work, great discounts, lots of turnover, visual changes happen very frequently as well as other changes in the company which made it a little difficult to keep up with
Pros
great discounts
Cons
company changes rules, policies, visuals almost every week
Decent place to work, great candy, flexible with school schedules! Fun times and hard working times, great product and people care about their customers. Team oriented job, and often a bad team turns a good employee inefficient.
It was a good job good discount got to eat really good candy. very upbeat store met amazing people had an amazing manager got a promotion within six months
  1. Employee reviews