Sugarfina Employee Reviews

Fun place
General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY8 April 2019
Fun job but nothing more different then any other job in the city. Had a good time learning from them and is a great starting job for a college kid!!!
Pros
Free smaples, good pay, easy work load
Cons
sometimes slow, boring hours, bad DM
Terrible
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  New York, NY20 March 2019
Only good as a temporary job. After holidays hours suck and management plays favorites. Lots of underhanded stuff that goes on. attitude problem and just plain shady
Pros
Cons
low pay
Decent
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NY31 January 2019
Decent place to work, great candy, flexible with school schedules! Fun times and hard working times, great product and people care about their customers. Team oriented job, and often a bad team turns a good employee inefficient.
good
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJ24 January 2019
It was a good job good discount got to eat really good candy. very upbeat store met amazing people had an amazing manager got a promotion within six months
A sweet place to work with with few annoyances
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX14 January 2019
I love Sugarfina and its motto; however, the company can be shady sometimes. Was told I was gonna be given an interview for promotion once January 2019 rolled out- never did + company hired someone else. Not only was this disappointing, but all of staff hours were cut. No bueno!
Pros
Salary, Liberal company, easy job, small team depending on the size of the store
Cons
no benefits for part-time employees, company will slash payroll if store is not doing well
This company offered me a good pay and benefits is one of the companies with very good benefits in the market
Warehouse Manager/Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CA30 November 2018
Sugarfina es a good compañía to work the work is very simple but the upper management Make it hated with wrong desitions and never agreed or open to suggestions from the personnel to performing better
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Can’t take a PTO when you needed
It was a good place to work most people were good people
Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CA28 November 2018
it was a very secretive via for mangers to know the main plan.

alot of lack of communication
changes in management, with bad management choices happened often .

favoritism, and managerial cliques
Pros
15 min breaks and 1 day a quater off
Cons
lack of communication, untimely raises for work done
Don’t work here unless you’re willing to give your life up
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  New York, NY2 October 2018
At first it’s a great place to work when you’re just learning everything and getting to know everyone, but it quickly changes. Once I knew what I was doing I was quickly taken advantage of. I spent over 6 months working “part time” even though I was working almost 40 hours a week with no benefits or paid days off. Scheduling is unpredicatable as the managers post your work schedule a week (sometimes a day) before the week begins so forget making any other plans, even doctor appointments. I missed many holidays (including Christmas and New Years) with my family because of this job and it got to the point that they all questioned why I still work there and what’s wrong with the people who run it. The management is mediocre at best. They are unorganized and cheap, focusing only on what they can do for the company and not on the lives of the people working there. After almost a year of working every single weekend, every holiday and not getting any paid time off (in addition to getting reprimanded whenever I asked for time off) I finally left the company. It was the best decision I’ve ever made. Don’t take this job unless you are prepared to give your entire life to it (even if you’re only part time - my contract said I would work 20-25 hrs a week which clearly didn’t happen), and have apsolutely no social life as you’ll be working every weekend and probably most nights. I’m not the only person who feels this way either, in my 1 year at Sugarfina I saw at least 6 employees come and leave (only at 1 store, who knows how many others there were at the other locations) because of how  more... bad a work environment it is. The company either doesn’t realize that it’s employees are unhappy or just doesn’t care. Either way it’s not good for the employees.  less
Pros
Free candy
Cons
No paid time off, poor management, no free time, ALWAYS on call, make you work more hours than agreed to, no benefits, petty drama between coworkers, managers that are not fit to be managing
Very productive place! Sits on the corner or grand and wabash so you can see all the action from the windows and the lovely view. Great management.
Nordstrom Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL25 September 2018
I’ve worked here for a year and a half now and I absolutely love it. My manager is great she makes me want to come to work. When I’m here it’s such a good environment to be in. I work with wonderful co-workers as well! I really can’t say anything I have not been grateful for while working with this company!
Pros
1hour lunch, flexible scheduled off days
easy enough
associate (Former Employee) –  California17 August 2018
retail job itself is easy enough. Upper company management is fine if not slightly disorganized. can get slow an boring during week, mad house on weekends.
cool environment
Senior Lead (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CA16 August 2018
Typical day I would print out orders using Netsuite, create Commercial Invoices, create Bill of Labeling, pick and pack orders. Operate the forklift. I learned to use Microsoft software. Learned to manage a team. Hardest part of the job was staying organized because of the small space and high volume of orders.
not your average candy shop
Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CA4 May 2018
For me this job was slow paced. the hours were short and lines were hardly ever crazy long. not a huge fan of the gossip that took place in my time there. candy may look easy to sell, but it takes patience.
Cons
few hours, few benefits
Fum , productive
Ft key holder (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA24 April 2018
Great job , great staff and very accommodating
. They will work with your schedule.The ownwers of the company are very hands on and personable . If they see potential their is a lot of opportunity to further careere and will offer you that option .
Relaxed environment, free candy and snacks, hectic holidays.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CA10 April 2018
Working at Sugarfina was a wonderful experience, the only negative thing I will say (in my case) is that it talors to a specific group. I worked harder than the other person hired after me, but she was a blonde caucasian and I...was not. I understand the politics, they have to maintain a certain look, I didn't take it personal, just business. Other than that, the work was simple, environment was peaceful and relaxing, lots of helpful co-workers, management was some of the best I've dealt with.
Pros
Free candy while you work/snacks.
Cons
Not the most up to date systems, and those who fit the status quo have a leg up on you.
productive day at work
ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CA14 March 2018
the job keep you busy and very competitive because everyone are trying to be permanent at the facility. lead position opens up fast and close fast as well.
Use to love it
Unknown (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CA5 February 2018
Great company good owners very nice people but I think they should involve there self more . I love the company I just don’t agree with there choices of mangement and people in charge especially in the warehouse . Managers /directors don’t listen they don’t fix any problems .Very unorganized . People are in positions and don’t really know what there doing . They fire often can’t work one day without thinking am I next . Scared to call off because you think you might get fired . Also the warehouse is very neglected .
Pros
Getting to deal with so much candy . Yay day, parties, we’ve been to knotts paid day off, benefits
Cons
Parking, management, eating area
Company needs work
Sales and customer service (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CA3 January 2018
I enjoyed working there at first but the company is exspanding way too fast and all of their stores are under staffed. The days are super slow and there isn’t much to do. Honestly one of the most boring jobs I’ve ever had.
Pros
Candy
Great atmosphere, poor management
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CA13 December 2017
The company culture is relaxed, and management definitely does a lot to make sure employees are happy- sponsoring happy hours, pajama day, catered lunches. Dogs are allowed in the office which can be a pro or con. It can be distracting at times. Management ranges. I personally had bad experience with my boss as it was her first time as a manager and I felt communication was very poor, no matter what I tried to do to improve she was nearly impossible to work with. Overall the company was great, it was my manager alone that seemed to be the biggest problem.
SWEET discount
Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MN22 October 2017
A sweet company on the rise! There are growing pains as in every startup where corporate resources get thin while growing retail locations. but an inspiring love story started this company!
Pros
Benefits, discount, HR department
Cons
Typical growing pains
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  3915 W 102ND Street Los Angeles, CA 9030313 August 2017
It's a cool first time job you get to be around and eat delicious candy all day good hours great working space can improve and get a raise 401k good insurance
Pros
Good time shift wasy to work with surrounded by candy
Cons
Too much drama upons employee