Subway Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working all the time.
SANDWICH ARTIST / CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT2 March 2018
Enjoyed working with this company a lot of new things can be kklearned everyday with co-workers and with the customer's aswell. The hardest part of being employed with this company are the people who are drunk and hard to deal with them.
Pros
Free lunches everyday.
Cons
while baking bread need to go in the cooler and freezer
Productive and enjoyable work place
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Cole Harbour, NS2 March 2018
Greeted customers and walked them through Subway's menu. Accurately managed cash as well as generated recites and applied appropriate discounts. It is a really fast pace environment.
Pros
Free hot beverages / Tips
Cons
N/a
fun and fine
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC2 March 2018
The environment was quite friendly, the staff was very helpful and supportive. being a sandwich artist and attracting with people is a fun job. owner doesn't praise your good work.
Pros
15min paid break
Cons
no free lunch
Making sandwiches was fun, but not worth the hassle.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC2 March 2018
Overall I had an okay time working at subway. However, the staff would constantly steal from my locker/purse, and when I went to management with proof and saying that it would be on camera they did nothing about it, and so I asked if i was allowed to lock my items in the locker, I was not allowed and would be reported if I did. My head manager at the time did not do her job and was constantly being super rude to staff. And when I applied for the job, I was asked if i could work at all locations, and I told them that I could only work at the 2 North Shore locations and the Downtown one. They said that was totally fine, but when I got hired and I was at my first shift I was informed that I have to work at all locations and if I can't then I am fired before I even start. So I panicked and agreed since I needed the job. Then on top of that I found out that my days off were not actually days off. They were considered "Call-In's" which meant that I had to call in to all 9 stores and then wait for an hour without pay to see if anyone needs me. Then I have to go to all the stores that needed me.
Pros
Free cookies
Cons
Read Review
Enjoyable, welcoming environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON2 March 2018
A lovely place to be employed at. Manager is easy to talk to , professional, organized and friendly. Fellow employees are supportive and professional when dealing with customers.
Pros
free sub with every shift
Cons
not many hours
Okay Job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON1 March 2018
Subway was a great first job for part time employment. Long hours and a lot of off time. Busy hours are lunch and dinner. The overall job was repetitive after a while.
The staff was great, and it was well organized
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Parksville, BC1 March 2018
Always set hours and very reliable, they were very understanding and cared how their employees felt, they allowed for colorful work environments and allowing us all to enjoy our time there.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No benefits
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, ON1 March 2018
Overall my employment at Subway was a phenomenal one. The location I worked at had so many amazing people there, and I am still very close friends with them today. The job had its ups and downs, but I very much enjoyed the work I did and the customers who would come in on a daily basis. Since I was employed there for a long time, I gained everyone's trust and started to open the store, do inventory, close the tills at the end of the night, and more. I learned a lot of valuable information, and got a lot of experience.
Pros
Co-Workers
Subway
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 February 2018
This establishment was nothing but trouble for me. The workers were not treated equally between co-workers. There were cliques which made the job that much less desirable.
Subway was a good first job
weekend/evening supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC27 February 2018
working at subway gave me a good base knowledge of costumer service. I love working with food and i love working in costumer service. i found it to be a fun but sometimes stressful job but i am happy i worked there.
Pros
free meal a day
Cons
stressful rushes
productive and fun workplace
Key holder (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 February 2018
My overall experience at subway would be good, it has given me a lot of experience with customer service. i have gained a lot of knowledge working there. i would like to move onto something with more hours.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough hours
Wokring at Subway
SANDWICH ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Exeter, ON27 February 2018
Exeter subways hours were never set, if the manager was upset with you for any reason, she would cut your hours, was promised full time when hired, after hired was part time, because they didnt hire people full time, but would schedule me to work full time hours some weeks.
very productive job
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Havelock, ON26 February 2018
Working at Subway was an amazing experiance. It was a very fun job and my collegues were very cooperative. I will surely recommend applying to subway if youre in need of a job
Was great for the most part
Assistant Manager/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON26 February 2018
- It was easy
- I had hours working the overnight shifts
- I was rarely bored
- I did extra work when I did get bored
- Got my socializing in for the day

- Down side:
- wasn't allowed to take a week vacation
Great coworkers and nice owner!
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Penhold, AB25 February 2018
I loved working for the owner of Penhold subway, very understanding and was able to work with me about my life and job balance. I learned how to interact with customers and how to properly clean.
Pros
Free six inch, great owner, free drinks, great coworkers
Cons
Manager gossiped
Good first job
Manager/District Manager (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC25 February 2018
Good first job for teens, teaches customer interaction, teamwork, food handling, cleaning and money handling.
Work is not too heavy but the ability to stand on your feet for hours is necessary.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low pay
Great place
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NS24 February 2018
Was an amazing place to work, great people great food, personally would never work there again myself but his is to his own opinion. Peace and love ye yeyey
Productive work experience
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB24 February 2018
Management is great and the owner is just a call away and helpful anytime. We have a mixed culture environment at work but we manage to work as a team and even talk about our cultural differences. Its good to know another culture. The hardest part of the job is long standing hours sometimes. Most enjoyable part is when all team members have fun and joke around about various things in life and also share some personal things just to be stressfree.
Pros
free lunch, fun loving co-workers
Cons
boring in winter
subway is great
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NL23 February 2018
i had to leave the job due to transportation issues and my dad made me quit tho i never even worked here long so i learned how to make a sub tho which came in handy.
Pros
Cons
n/a
Great experience to work with subway, learn a lot about products and techniques
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON23 February 2018
Served freshed breads and cookies. Learnt techniques about tempearture of foods, vegetables and meats. Provide great customer service and improve my communication skill.
Pros
Delicious salads
Cons
Least food items for vegetarians

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

59K