Subway Employee Reviews

Pretty Decent Place
Garnisher/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hanover, ON28 March 2018
Other than the fact they had no regard for your mental health, the place is actually pretty nice. But seriously they have to work on that! It's the reason I left.
Pros
Decent hours
Great first job
Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2018
I learned customer service techniques such as communication. I also enhanced my team working capabilities.

Management was great, since they hired me while I was in high school they were really keen on me getting my education.

The hardest part of the job was trying to complete all the end of the day tasks while still attending to the customers, especially if it was busy.
Pros
Free sandwitch
Cons
I don't like vegetables
Great way to learn customer service
Subway Artist (Key Holder) (Current Employee) –  Caledon East, ON28 March 2018
I enjoy the conversations I make with customers. I learnt how to keep the atmosphere comfortable and enjoyable for customers. It worked well with my school schedule.
It was very good experience and its happiest days
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON28 March 2018
I worked as part time, even though I am a bachelor in nursing I started to work in subway because, I have to think about my tuition fees,. I applied and suddently got the job and still continuing, and it was so wonderful job and stress free job
Pros
Free sandwiches
Cons
Nil
Productive and fun workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2018
It was fun being a supervisor at subway restaurant. I'd like to work during rush hours as I'd love to stay busy at work. I've leaned management skills at subway
Pros
free food
Cons
Fun workplace with flexible hours
Line Cook/Server (Current Employee) –  Duncan, BC27 March 2018
The job is fun to learn and pretty easy to pick up on. Repetitive tasks and lots of customer interactions. The amount of hours you get vary, but if you can deal real well with routines, it is very good.
Dexterous working environment along efficient customer service.
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 March 2018
Working at World Largest Sandwich Franchisee is not easy as it looks like because it includes combined skills of Multitasking and Management. Moreover, it includes friendly Customer Service, Team Work, Leadership, Communication, Upscale, Inventory, Deliveries and many more related to Time management skills.
Pros
Increase confidence to speak publicly.
Cons
Limited Growth
Some days were very quick and busy while others dragged
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON26 March 2018
Some days were busy but some were very slow. Good staff to work with. Glad i moved before the establishment became 24hrs. All around a pretty good place to work but pays didnt always make it ontime to the building plus too dependent on computer system so if it went down you couldnt even do inventory.
Pros
good people
Cons
no advancement
fast paced
Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 March 2018
fast paced, fun staff to work with, great locations. room for advancement. always a good lunch on hand! or breakfast! Long shifts though&big inventory
Subway
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 March 2018
I enjoyed working the front end and drive threw. I didn’t enjoy the talking about me in a different language that should not be allowed, that is very rude
Great place!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ladner, BC23 March 2018
A fantastic place to get your foot through the door into the working market. I learned a lot about communication skills, speed, and food safety. those are skills i will use forever.
Pros
management.
Cons
pay
Fun work place with good colleagues.
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 March 2018
Preparation of subs with meats, vegetables, desserts, according to customers' orders and company procedures
Cleaning and sanitizing work areas, dishes, and utensils
I have learned to work under pressure and team work
I am enjoying a lot to work as a team player with my other team members.
Pros
Free lunch
productive,fun
NW - Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB22 March 2018
I worked at subway for two years and learned many things. For example, I learned how to work well with others and subway taught me how to work in the fast food industry. The management was really good. I enjoyed the other employees the most, they were such amazing people also workers.
Pros
great hours
Cons
short break
Busy and Productive
Subway Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON21 March 2018
A typical day at work was making sure the staff was doing as required and making sure customers were satisfied with the service. I was also in charge of hiring the staff and training them. Overall, it was a good work place.
Typical Day
Manager/Owner (Current Employee) –  Beamsville, ON18 March 2018
Engaging with customers in a positive manner, Preparing the freshest product to sell to customers. Keeping the restaurant clean and tidy. Being able to work in a team environment as well as individually. Being able to properly schedule employees for peak and non-peak times
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Trying to accomodate everyone for scheduling purposes
Fast paced and fun
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON18 March 2018
Fast paced work environment, that allowed for you to be on your feet and moving as well as working with great people. Ability to do a multitude of different jobs was an asset.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Not enough hours
productive place
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON18 March 2018
Good working conditions and good environment to work here.
Good salary.
cooperative and well understanding staff and manager.
some time very busy place so just need more staff. otherwise overall it was very nice to work here I enjoyed a lot.
Pros
free Meals
Cons
busy schedule
good
Sales Assistant and cashier (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL17 March 2018
It was an ok environment as a lot of my friends worked there with me it was a part time job which i did because of money during my education as the working hours were flexible
great to their employees
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON16 March 2018
Best job I have had so far, great customers, great work environment, best co-workers made the shift go by so fast, a very laid back environment for the most part and the food is a really great bonus!
Pros
free cookies
Cons
missig family events
I like working here beacause i get to interact with people and learn differnt experiences.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  7350 120 street surrey, bc14 March 2018
Working at subway is all about customer service. I get to listen people's choices and opinions by interacting with them and trying my best to serve them better every single day. I share very good bonding with my co- workers which makes my work experience even more memorable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

59K