Subway

Canada3,966 reviews

Clear
2.7Pay & benefits

Found 967 reviews matching the searchSee all 54,611 reviews

good to learn some of the customer service, good for starters

Its good job but dont pay you well enough, less scope of promotions. Always have to work hard. There are also loopholes in the management, hard to earn living by working there.

Pros

Free Food, easy going

Cons

Long-hours, Underpaid, Stressful

Travail étudiants

Exellent travail pour étudiants pas trop stressant patrons accommodant

Insights into Subway

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Fun part-time job

Usually had a good group of coworkers that made downtime enjoyable, but people constantly quit do to not enough pay or scheduled hours. Weekend shifts are rough if you're not opening since they stick all the new staff on weekends.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Always short staffed for rushes

Great place to work buy hard with few employees

I enjoyed my time working there for the most part, the problem is that they have very few employees which makes it hard especially on busy days or if someone calls in but good because you'll get lots of hours.

Pros

Free lunch, lots of hours, flexible, good management

Stressful

I worked at a location in a mall. It was extremely fast paced which was fine however not everyone works as hard as others. It’s disappointing when you give your all and others slack off because they know you will do it. The manager was terrible and went out of her way to make things more difficult on the employees and make their day harder than necessary/

Good place to work if you are looking for part time jobs. Can be stressful and tiring at times. If you enjoy making subs, you would love the job and enjoy.

Bien

C’est un bon emploi étudiant, salaire minimum en général.

Good for part timer’s

No employee benefits and they will hire anyone when they are in need. Minimum pay and no career growth or opportunities. Customers are rude and you will be working worth 3 people everyday.

Not the worst minimum wage job

Working at Subway is basically what it is, you make sandwiches. It’s an okay job if you like working in a fast pace environment and don’t mind doing the same things over and over again, management where I worked was amazing

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Long hours, monotonous work

Productive and Rewarding

Subway was a great job for while I was in school. I started there as a kid and worked there all the way until I had to leave for university. They provided me with great opportunities to build leadership skills and to make more money. It can be fast-paced, but I personally liked that because that meant that there was always something I could be doing and it made time fly by. The owners were also very kind and willing to work with you to find solutions for issues in your store. They also provided rewards for doing a good job to all staff.

Productive and fun place

It is a fun place to work.Training takes about a week depending on your shifts.They provide you with the uniform.You will need to learn how to make many dofferent sandwiches but trust me they are all pretty similar.

Une journée typique

Coupe de légumes, ensuite un rush et assuré la propriété

Pros

50% rabais, possibilité de prendre le téléphone cellulaire

Cons

Les horaires compliqués

Easy job

It wasn't a hard job. The biggest difficulty was working alone and having to close and clean everything by yourself. Aside from that just the angry customers on occasion.

l very much enjoyed working at Subway

l learned so much at subway through management and customers appreciation. l really enjoyed the experience of working there and hope to one day soon in the near future.

Pros

6 inch free sub or salad daily on working shifts

Cons

Great place to work if it is your first job. Sometimes gets really busy. difficult to handle if management is not great.

I met some great people at work. The work itself is pretty easy. May get really busy or slow depending on the location and time. Most of the time management do not care about you and the preference will be given to the customer even if they are in wrong.

Belle expérience pour un premier travail

Le Subway a été ma première expérience de travail et j’ai aimé travailler pour eux. Le pourboire est avantageux et constant donc ça augmente le salaire au final. Par contre j’ai travaillé pour eux pendant deux ans à temps plein et partiel, car j’étais étudiante et ils n’ont jamais augmenté mon salaire de base sauf quand j’ai donné ma démission.

Pros

Pourboire

Not terrible in a tight spot

It’s a job not much is expected of you as long as you complete your tasks and do what your there to do there are no problems. Managers try hard to make sure all staff are accommodated

Pros

Friendly coworkers opportunity for extra hours if wanted

Cons

Work alone sometimes even while very busy

Fast-paced, management was under-appreciative and did not pay for overtime work. Would often ask you to come in on days off.

Would come deal with work with one or two others and perform regular Subway jobs. The staff were all nice but the managers were disorganized. Also worked alone too often, they were incredibly short-staffed for a busy location.

Pros

Free 6-inch and 12-inch subs depending on your hours Good coworkers

Cons

Long hours, not paid for overtime, bad customers, short-staffed

Worse place to work.

Turnover rate is so high and it's no wonder why. The way the employers/managers/teamleads treat the other workers is unfair. Nepotism runs in alot of stores. No work life balance.Favorites are played. Unprofessional

Pros

Free subs.

Cons

The whole environment.

Travail rapide à la chaîne

Belle ambiance de travail mais tu dois être une personne rapide

Pros

Rabais employé

Cons

Aucune assurance les horaires sont bizarre aussi

Yawn

First off, management doesn't care about your after-work plans, if you forgot to prep lettuce before your shift ended its like you're MADE to stay there and finish your work. I got in trouble for calling in sick THE NIGHT BEFORE MY SHIFT. Oh and also thanks for the 3 hour shifts I'm sure I really made a difference in your store.Also working at two locations= hella stressful.

Pros

free sub AFTER 4 HOUR SHIFT

Cons

Co-workers guilt trip you into staying longer to finish prep.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement