Subway

Clear
2.7Pay & benefits

Found 1,102 reviews matching the searchSee all 54,344 reviews

Good.

-Clean work environment and good food. Easy to work in and has a lot of down time. -Customers tend to be positive and negativity is rare. -Easy to pick up-Fast pace environment that some thrive in and some do not.-Good Training-Schedule Flexibility-Minimal Physical Demand

Pros

Customer Experience & Food

Cons

Minimal Promotions/Pay Increases

Great beginner job

When I first joined Subway it was like any other job... you work. But it's a fun atmosphere with lots to do. It's not just a job though. It's communicating with customers, learning social skills. You adapt.

Pros

Great atmosphere. Learn social and communication skills. Flexible hours, free staff meal after your shift or during your break, free fountain drinks, tea or coffee and if you have an awesome manager like I do.. hot chocolate lol

Cons

You're On your feet most ( if not all ) of your shift, except those eligible for breaks (5+ hour shifts).

Insights into Subway

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Overall decent

Awkward working space. No break room. Overall decent place to work with lunch provided. Good for a short term / temp job. Wouldn’t want to be there long term.

Very fast paced over the summer

Job was good overall and can get quite overwhelming during rushes.Owners are from the US so there isn't much interference from them except when they visit once a month.

Pros

free meal

Cons

stressful

Fun part-time job

Usually had a good group of coworkers that made downtime enjoyable, but people constantly quit do to not enough pay or scheduled hours. Weekend shifts are rough if you're not opening since they stick all the new staff on weekends.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Always short staffed for rushes

Its pretty chill for the most part

I work in a calm environment with a small number of clients, thus I don't have many scheduled hours. I also really don't enjoy preparing food in front of others and conversing with them. The job's other elements are fine.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

No Hours

Out of all the fast food restaurants subway is the best to work. I really enjoyed my time there. Fair for a minimum wage job. Tasks weren’t too difficult.

Management isn’t it

The owner was not professional what so ever. Didn’t take time to listen and very argumentative. I did enjoy my manger on floor but just wasn’t ran good

Pros

Free food

Cons

Bad hours

Environnement de travail productif

Les journées passent vite,La direction n épaules pas les employés,Travail très stressant et exigeant

Pros

Pourboire

Cons

Aucune assurance

Great place to work buy hard with few employees

I enjoyed my time working there for the most part, the problem is that they have very few employees which makes it hard especially on busy days or if someone calls in but good because you'll get lots of hours.

Pros

Free lunch, lots of hours, flexible, good management

OK to work

Its ok to work there but in terms of pay, you have to literally follow-up. That makes life difficult as pay irregularities doesn't boost your confidence in work.

Pros

Free sandwich

Cons

Pay irregularity

Fast paced and stressful work environment. Just a single person handelling super busy store. Doing all this and getting just the minimum pay

Good to get the experience here but not recommended for working long time here. You get the Minimum pay but you need to fo all the work. Handelling 20 + customers per hour and then also doing tasks at back can be physically demanding and stressful.

Pros

master of your own because you are working alone. And also employee discount is a great thing.

Cons

Unpaid break

Bien

C’est un bon emploi étudiant, salaire minimum en général.

Good for part timer’s

No employee benefits and they will hire anyone when they are in need. Minimum pay and no career growth or opportunities. Customers are rude and you will be working worth 3 people everyday.

Average place to work.

Management is not the best and communication is not good. Had to learn on the fly a majority of the time without proper training. Aside from that not a horrible place to work aside from the low wage but that is expected.

Pros

Can get a free sub if you work more than 5 hours.

Cons

Lacking good communication and management could be better.

Student Employment

Effective student employment for the most part. While I myself only worked very very part-time time, I made decent money with after tips and never felt micromanaged.

A good first job

Wonderful place for a first time job. There is no room to work up, but good first time experience . Flexible hours, 6 inch sub for free for lunch, suitable for high school students

Not my job didn’t enjoy. Wasn’t the worst. I wouldn’t apply there again though. Mediocre job. Low pay. Low social interaction. Management needs lots of work.

productive

Loved working at the Pondmills store. The owner is a fair and reasonable person to work with and for.The staff works well with each other.would love to be able to still work there but illness prevented that.

Pros

free lunch if we meet standards

Cons

a lot of turnover seems that it is just a stopover job

I love Subway, just not the ones inside Rabba.

The pay is horrible. I did a closing shift which was 3pm to 11:30pm and it was horrible. You will be working by yourself even during holidays where it usually gets busy. It can be very stressful. Absent management and only 4 other workers all which are full timers and 1 (me) part timer. If you’re sick, the chances are you’ll have to come in to work because there’s physically no one else to cover you. I don’t know if it’s like this at all Subways. But the ones inside Rabba are like this.

Not the worst minimum wage job

Working at Subway is basically what it is, you make sandwiches. It’s an okay job if you like working in a fast pace environment and don’t mind doing the same things over and over again, management where I worked was amazing

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Long hours, monotonous work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement