Subway

Clear

Found 1,291 reviews matching the searchSee all 54,658 reviews
sandwichfreebreadfoodcustomerpreplunchshift

Good stepping stone job

They pay management below industry standards. Managers are required to cover any open shifts that staff can’t be found for, so you could wind up working an insane amount of hours at times.

Travail étudiants

Exellent travail pour étudiants pas trop stressant patrons accommodant

Insights into Subway

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

good to learn some of the customer service, good for starters

Its good job but dont pay you well enough, less scope of promotions. Always have to work hard. There are also loopholes in the management, hard to earn living by working there.

Pros

Free Food, easy going

Cons

Long-hours, Underpaid, Stressful

Fun

Fun place to work at but very fast paced. Okay management and got along with everyone. Maybe not the best first job working in a fast food place but definitely a good experience

bad

wont work there everyday its busy but not enough labour. learned nothing. worst management, worst workplace, hardest part is being alone at work and getting busy, nothing to be enjoyable in this company.

Great place

Subway sandwich master it’s alright to work here if you like making sammies from 9-5. Customers suck managements ok that’s that. Not much more to say.

Management isn’t it

The owner was not professional what so ever. Didn’t take time to listen and very argumentative. I did enjoy my manger on floor but just wasn’t ran good

Pros

Free food

Cons

Bad hours

Environnement de travail productif

Les journées passent vite,La direction n épaules pas les employés,Travail très stressant et exigeant

Pros

Pourboire

Cons

Aucune assurance

Work experience

I found the managers to be quite rude. Demeaning. And not very obliging in switching shifts/hours. The owner was even less obliging and friendly. Quite nasty in fact. I wouldn’t recommend working there. Unless the owner has moved on.

Great place to work buy hard with few employees

I enjoyed my time working there for the most part, the problem is that they have very few employees which makes it hard especially on busy days or if someone calls in but good because you'll get lots of hours.

Pros

Free lunch, lots of hours, flexible, good management

Stressful

I worked at a location in a mall. It was extremely fast paced which was fine however not everyone works as hard as others. It’s disappointing when you give your all and others slack off because they know you will do it. The manager was terrible and went out of her way to make things more difficult on the employees and make their day harder than necessary/

Decent Job

Decent place to work. Fast paced, easy to learn. I found the training process to be very long, it could have been shorter. management was okay, overall:

Easy job, bad management

The job itself was easy to do, however management was poorly organized, understaffed. Customers were very rude.

Average place to work.

Management is not the best and communication is not good. Had to learn on the fly a majority of the time without proper training. Aside from that not a horrible place to work aside from the low wage but that is expected.

Pros

Can get a free sub if you work more than 5 hours.

Cons

Lacking good communication and management could be better.

Manager ruined the location

Unfortunately, the location that I worked at was ruined by a terrible manager. Usually I would not let that wreck the good parts of the job, but we had brought forth issues about abuse from this manager to her superiors and then head office when it was not dealt with. When they actually tried to do something, the Manager in question went from yelling at everyone to refusing to speak to anyone who worked there and barely to customers. At the time I worked there, I was part time and without paying me more they had me opening and closing and had me 'borrow' a spare key and alarm code so the senior staff could leave early and then a single person was expected to complete all the work and written up if the couldn't, even if it got busy. The last straw was when they wanted me to work shifts at the same time as school, and when I said I couldn't they told me to show up or else. Needless to say I quit. Unfortunately, I could see how with good management and support from the owner it could be a good job as the tasks were not difficult and could be scheduled to work around school or another job.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Managment

Not my job didn’t enjoy. Wasn’t the worst. I wouldn’t apply there again though. Mediocre job. Low pay. Low social interaction. Management needs lots of work.

Work experience depends on what kind of manager and owner you have

Depending on your manager or owner, they can either make or break your shift. Some managers are nice and carefree, but those establishments tend to be poorly run and extremely unorganized. Those that are harder/stricter managers, tend to have neater establishments but most of the employees tend to work independently making the work environment toxic. Since the pay is almost always minimum wage, its a job that is good to have for a few months before moving on to something else.

I love Subway, just not the ones inside Rabba.

The pay is horrible. I did a closing shift which was 3pm to 11:30pm and it was horrible. You will be working by yourself even during holidays where it usually gets busy. It can be very stressful. Absent management and only 4 other workers all which are full timers and 1 (me) part timer. If you’re sick, the chances are you’ll have to come in to work because there’s physically no one else to cover you. I don’t know if it’s like this at all Subways. But the ones inside Rabba are like this.

Not the worst minimum wage job

Working at Subway is basically what it is, you make sandwiches. It’s an okay job if you like working in a fast pace environment and don’t mind doing the same things over and over again, management where I worked was amazing

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Long hours, monotonous work

Depends on manager.

Manager decides how many people work at a time. If they are cheap they will make you work alone during peak hours causing a very stressful and unpleasant environment.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

working alone

Dismissive and uncaring environment it felt very toxic to me and has put me off of food service altogether.

Each one of my managers I work at I worked that multiple different subways hoping that would be different and it wasn't I felt I was underappreciated overwork overworked and like management Didn't care about my personal life to the point of I felt like I couldn't even tell my manager when I had a death in the family or a close friend management would guilt trip Make you feel guilty if you are sick or had a family emergency that you need Taking care of and couldn't come into work for even though you had given them enough heads up that you would not be able to come into work that day. I have worked at 2 to subways being my main branches branches and both seem we didn't care about their employees well being mental health or physical health I would not suggest Working for Subway.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement