Subway

3.0Job security & advancement

Found 592 reviews matching the searchSee all 54,631 reviews
sandwichfreebreadfoodcustomerpreplunchshift

Making subway

It's a good experience there, everybody can learn about how make a subway and improve their English, it's possible know many people from all the world.

good to learn some of the customer service, good for starters

Its good job but dont pay you well enough, less scope of promotions. Always have to work hard. There are also loopholes in the management, hard to earn living by working there.

Pros

Free Food, easy going

Cons

Long-hours, Underpaid, Stressful

Insights into Subway

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Good.

-Clean work environment and good food. Easy to work in and has a lot of down time. -Customers tend to be positive and negativity is rare. -Easy to pick up-Fast pace environment that some thrive in and some do not.-Good Training-Schedule Flexibility-Minimal Physical Demand

Pros

Customer Experience & Food

Cons

Minimal Promotions/Pay Increases

Friendly environment for first learner

Having been work in subway for more than 2 months, the whole crews are friend and willing to teach new things. Everyone divided jobs and finished on time. It is consider good experience as a first job.

Overall decent

Awkward working space. No break room. Overall decent place to work with lunch provided. Good for a short term / temp job. Wouldn’t want to be there long term.

You get out what youp put in..

A lot of chages, most for the better. When there is change there are always challenges. Being a part of carving out the new future is a great experience.

Pros

Great Team

Cons

Managing changing multiple priortities

Decent Job

Decent place to work. Fast paced, easy to learn. I found the training process to be very long, it could have been shorter. management was okay, overall:

Good for part timer’s

No employee benefits and they will hire anyone when they are in need. Minimum pay and no career growth or opportunities. Customers are rude and you will be working worth 3 people everyday.

I have an awesome store owner

Awesome experience, homely environment , got really good relations with staff and owner , happy to work in this store, just want to grow myself like promotion in head office or something but very less opportunity

Pros

Free lunch, Good experience with staff and customers

Cons

No progression

Productive and Rewarding

Subway was a great job for while I was in school. I started there as a kid and worked there all the way until I had to leave for university. They provided me with great opportunities to build leadership skills and to make more money. It can be fast-paced, but I personally liked that because that meant that there was always something I could be doing and it made time fly by. The owners were also very kind and willing to work with you to find solutions for issues in your store. They also provided rewards for doing a good job to all staff.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Subway?

productive workplace.

Supportive environmentAbility to meet personal goalsFeeling of personal appreciationFree subs Over five hours. Overall had a great experience in the 16 months working there great first job for me.

It’s a decent starter job

Would recommend to those in highschool or looking for a place to gain leadership skills in a quick passed environment. Overall had a great experience in the 16 months working there great first job for me.

Pros

Free subs Over five hours

Cons

Drama

Great customer come to the store

Didn't get to work with a good owner of the subway franchise I worked at the customer loved me but the owner was not one to learn your name even so rude.. bad experience I'm sure not all locations are like that.

I enjoyed my time there.

Enjoyed my time there. Location was nice, so customer base was nice (and frequently you had the same customers). Management would do spot checks with cameras or sometimes come in to order food to check up on things. Management really made you feel appreciated, and addressed issues right away. My coworkers were all lovely. I've moved on and have a career now, but still think fondly of this place. Wish them all the best.

Pros

Lunch breaks with a free sub, overtime was available at other subways, (bosses owned several subways and had deals with other owners), Managers/owners were very approachable and had realistic expectations.

Cons

None that I can think of. It was a minimum wage job, but an enjoyable and fulfilling one.

Good experience

Great fast work environment, free foodflexible hoursgreat place to gain experience with lots of options to grow up in field including opening your own store

Belle expérience pour un premier travail

Le Subway a été ma première expérience de travail et j’ai aimé travailler pour eux. Le pourboire est avantageux et constant donc ça augmente le salaire au final. Par contre j’ai travaillé pour eux pendant deux ans à temps plein et partiel, car j’étais étudiante et ils n’ont jamais augmenté mon salaire de base sauf quand j’ai donné ma démission.

Pros

Pourboire

Great management and love to work with supportive team members

I just started working here and I got hired as a Food service supervisor. Fun loving team culture and professionalism. I am enjoying working here. I got the right opportunity which i was looking for.

Pros

Free meal Flexible schedule

Typical dead end minimum wage job

They pay you as little as they legally are able, then expect you to work many hours unpaid every week. There is no possibility of upwards mobility. You have to put up with all the typical BS parts of working a public facing minimum job. Don't expect any sympathy from your managers- they are treated just as poorly by the franchise owners, who in turn get the shaft from corporate. It's a first job and that's about it. Get your reference and get out.

Pros

up to 50% off food while on shift

Cons

bad hours no raises or promotions culture of exploitation

Great conpy

Worked in red deer years ago great place to work for students, the manager here was so helpful and genuinely cared about her employees. Work life balance and they respected my preference

Pros

Free lunch Flexible hours Fast working environment

Fine first job

Relaxed work environment and easy to learn skill. Good choice for a first job. I had no major issues while working for the company and was able to work there for multiple years.

I miss working here !!!

I worked at this location for 6.5 years. 5 of which I was the assistant manager. I got paid pretty well for what I did. I thought I should get more seeing i had senority. Unfortunately no benefits either. However my wage allowed me to save money and earn a decent living while doing what I loved. I'm truly saddened and gutted my store closed down.

Pros

Allowing me to make my own scheduling, dealing with repeat customers that you get to know over the years, every day was different, always something to do.

Cons

Being attached to my phone 24/7 since staff usually couldn't handle things once a manager left

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement