Subway

Supervisor103 reviews
Canada103 reviews

Found 103 reviews matching the searchSee all 54,354 reviews

Fun part-time job

Usually had a good group of coworkers that made downtime enjoyable, but people constantly quit do to not enough pay or scheduled hours. Weekend shifts are rough if you're not opening since they stick all the new staff on weekends.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Always short staffed for rushes

Good highschool job

Fun job but the pay is to low so you're constantly losing staff. Having to constantly cover shifts and train new staff really brings down any enjoyment you might get.

Insights into Subway

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

All good

Much better than other franchises as owner behaviour is up to the mark reallly helpfull and stand for what he says should recommend this place to work woth of experience

l very much enjoyed working at Subway

l learned so much at subway through management and customers appreciation. l really enjoyed the experience of working there and hope to one day soon in the near future.

Pros

6 inch free sub or salad daily on working shifts

It's a job.

It's a job. It's just a common, simple job that will give you a paycheque every two weeks, overload you with work that you're underpaid for, no benefits, no way to move up, they will block you from moving up. Sabotage is a common thing between stores as well.

Average everyday job

Been working for quite some time now, great environment at work. But be ready to be running, standing, leaning, bending, picking up things as a new employee. Agility is most important

Hard Underpaid Job

Might be a good place to obtain working experience in Customer Service. Physically and emotionally stressful job. Underpaid and no work life balance. If your whole shift is busy mostly in summer, go don't get to eat decently at all. You are on call haha. No benefits!!!

Pros

Some very nice customers. Free sandwich that you can't eat everyday of your life

Cons

Mostly everything

Good

Good place, when I worked there staff and management were good . Made new friends. I worked there 19 years ago . I know things change all the time. Would recommend this to a friend for a starter job

Vivek Thakkar

Wonderful experience Good for students Flexible work Excellent management Good customers Supportive teammates Flexible working hours Excellent location for work

Great first Job

Great first job to have. I personally found my Manager and the owners awesome. As long as you are willing to work, learn and follow the procedures correctly, you shouldn't have an issue. They are very flexible with scheduling, i never had any issues getting time booked off. The only downside was the pay was low especially for the amount of work you were doing.

fast-paced environment

always have to serve customer quickly and as fast as you can, good staff to work with.I have learned a lot of new things really enjoy working with them work schedule is manageable.

Fun place

management is good, work can be stressful at times, long hours and can be really busy . Requires you to be quick with the orders. Overall a good place to work

Good job

Good place to work with the owner and they were helpful to all of us..... The environment was very cheerful............ Owner was so helpful to me and learning new things from him everyday

Fun place to work needs new management

It was okay to work there. I was a supervisor and did the normal supervisor duties. The store manager was not the greatest and needs new management at a certain store.

Busy workplace

- preparing product for the day and serving it to customers in a timley fasion - hardest part can be managing time and making sure you get everything done with unpredictable customer flow

Awsome work place

The daily work is good there, got to learn alot with the boss, like Inventory and how to make your restaurant hygiene. Managemnt was good, i never felt the job hard as all the members including boss is too supportive. The most enjoyable part of work is boss is very friendly and understandable.

Job Security but no advancement

I am working in Subway for almost 5 years but never get a chance for any growth advancement. They make you work so hard and will not give any kind of reward or appreciation instead will give you more and more responsibility and work with no wage increase of even a cent. All they care about making money and making more money by increasing the prices of sandwiches 2 to 3 times a year but when it comes to increase the salary of a staff even 10 cents a year they will not do it. No benefits of any kind and make you work for 2 people even in busy hours to cut the cost. I do all the work of a supervisor including all the paper work ranging for inventory count, order delivery, update promotions, week closing along with making so many sandwiches alone because they want you to work alone for 4- 5 during normal rush hours to cut the cost but never get paid more than minimum wage. It is the worse company to work for if you want career growth.

fun work place

It is amazing place to work as a my first place of work i learned alot from this organisation like all about customer service how to deal with them in a professional way.

great workplace

time passes so easily during a work. it is not a boring workplace. sometimes it is tiring during the rush hours. main problem is we have to stand all the time.

Awesome employers

I work in Subway since 2017 until now and i enjoy it I’ve learned lots and i improve myself specially dealing with customers and different people.my boss and all the staff in the office in Subway are all awesome!They are so friendly ,understanding,helpful as a team.Im so proud to myself i work with them cos i change myself to be responsible specially for my position.

worked there a long time

worked there for a long time for 10years most days where fun liked alot if the people I worked with fast paced environment witch was nice. meeting all kinds of new people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement