Subway

Canada1,884 reviews

Found 1,884 reviews matching the searchSee all 54,344 reviews
sandwichfreebreadfoodcustomerpreplunchshift

Good.

-Clean work environment and good food. Easy to work in and has a lot of down time. -Customers tend to be positive and negativity is rare. -Easy to pick up-Fast pace environment that some thrive in and some do not.-Good Training-Schedule Flexibility-Minimal Physical Demand

Pros

Customer Experience & Food

Cons

Minimal Promotions/Pay Increases

Great beginner job

When I first joined Subway it was like any other job... you work. But it's a fun atmosphere with lots to do. It's not just a job though. It's communicating with customers, learning social skills. You adapt.

Pros

Great atmosphere. Learn social and communication skills. Flexible hours, free staff meal after your shift or during your break, free fountain drinks, tea or coffee and if you have an awesome manager like I do.. hot chocolate lol

Cons

You're On your feet most ( if not all ) of your shift, except those eligible for breaks (5+ hour shifts).

Insights into Subway

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Fun

Fun place to work at but very fast paced. Okay management and got along with everyone. Maybe not the best first job working in a fast food place but definitely a good experience

Overall decent

Awkward working space. No break room. Overall decent place to work with lunch provided. Good for a short term / temp job. Wouldn’t want to be there long term.

Very fast paced over the summer

Job was good overall and can get quite overwhelming during rushes.Owners are from the US so there isn't much interference from them except when they visit once a month.

Pros

free meal

Cons

stressful

Its pretty chill for the most part

I work in a calm environment with a small number of clients, thus I don't have many scheduled hours. I also really don't enjoy preparing food in front of others and conversing with them. The job's other elements are fine.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

No Hours

Great place

Subway sandwich master it’s alright to work here if you like making sammies from 9-5. Customers suck managements ok that’s that. Not much more to say.

Out of all the fast food restaurants subway is the best to work. I really enjoyed my time there. Fair for a minimum wage job. Tasks weren’t too difficult.

Management isn’t it

The owner was not professional what so ever. Didn’t take time to listen and very argumentative. I did enjoy my manger on floor but just wasn’t ran good

Pros

Free food

Cons

Bad hours

Work experience

I found the managers to be quite rude. Demeaning. And not very obliging in switching shifts/hours. The owner was even less obliging and friendly. Quite nasty in fact. I wouldn’t recommend working there. Unless the owner has moved on.

Great place to work buy hard with few employees

I enjoyed my time working there for the most part, the problem is that they have very few employees which makes it hard especially on busy days or if someone calls in but good because you'll get lots of hours.

Pros

Free lunch, lots of hours, flexible, good management

Stressful

I worked at a location in a mall. It was extremely fast paced which was fine however not everyone works as hard as others. It’s disappointing when you give your all and others slack off because they know you will do it. The manager was terrible and went out of her way to make things more difficult on the employees and make their day harder than necessary/

Fast paced and stressful work environment. Just a single person handelling super busy store. Doing all this and getting just the minimum pay

Good to get the experience here but not recommended for working long time here. You get the Minimum pay but you need to fo all the work. Handelling 20 + customers per hour and then also doing tasks at back can be physically demanding and stressful.

Pros

master of your own because you are working alone. And also employee discount is a great thing.

Cons

Unpaid break

Decent Job

Decent place to work. Fast paced, easy to learn. I found the training process to be very long, it could have been shorter. management was okay, overall:

Easy job, bad management

The job itself was easy to do, however management was poorly organized, understaffed. Customers were very rude.

Good place to work if you are looking for part time jobs. Can be stressful and tiring at times. If you enjoy making subs, you would love the job and enjoy.

Good places for high school students

This was a good first job opportunity in high school, not difficult, great customers that would tip me a lot because they loved my neatness. The manager was such a sweet lady, and my coworkers were like family

Average place to work.

Management is not the best and communication is not good. Had to learn on the fly a majority of the time without proper training. Aside from that not a horrible place to work aside from the low wage but that is expected.

Pros

Can get a free sub if you work more than 5 hours.

Cons

Lacking good communication and management could be better.

Student Employment

Effective student employment for the most part. While I myself only worked very very part-time time, I made decent money with after tips and never felt micromanaged.

A good first job

Wonderful place for a first time job. There is no room to work up, but good first time experience . Flexible hours, 6 inch sub for free for lunch, suitable for high school students

Manager ruined the location

Unfortunately, the location that I worked at was ruined by a terrible manager. Usually I would not let that wreck the good parts of the job, but we had brought forth issues about abuse from this manager to her superiors and then head office when it was not dealt with. When they actually tried to do something, the Manager in question went from yelling at everyone to refusing to speak to anyone who worked there and barely to customers. At the time I worked there, I was part time and without paying me more they had me opening and closing and had me 'borrow' a spare key and alarm code so the senior staff could leave early and then a single person was expected to complete all the work and written up if the couldn't, even if it got busy. The last straw was when they wanted me to work shifts at the same time as school, and when I said I couldn't they told me to show up or else. Needless to say I quit. Unfortunately, I could see how with good management and support from the owner it could be a good job as the tasks were not difficult and could be scheduled to work around school or another job.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement