Subway

Subway Employee Reviews for Manager

Manager146 reviews
Canada146 reviews

Found 146 reviews matching the searchSee all 54,344 reviews

Pleasant atmosphere to work.

Cooperative Owner and workers. Great workplace to gain customer service experience. Learned from here how to redress customers complaints and provide exceptional customer service.

Pros

Free food

Cons

I have an awesome store owner

Awesome experience, homely environment , got really good relations with staff and owner , happy to work in this store, just want to grow myself like promotion in head office or something but very less opportunity

Pros

Free lunch, Good experience with staff and customers

Cons

No progression

Insights into Subway

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Manager

Perfect job, good salary ,nice employee, Busy store , good location, learn lots of things to started subway store. Making lots of money in any food restaurant.

Productive and Rewarding

Subway was a great job for while I was in school. I started there as a kid and worked there all the way until I had to leave for university. They provided me with great opportunities to build leadership skills and to make more money. It can be fast-paced, but I personally liked that because that meant that there was always something I could be doing and it made time fly by. The owners were also very kind and willing to work with you to find solutions for issues in your store. They also provided rewards for doing a good job to all staff.

Good experience

Great fast work environment, free foodflexible hoursgreat place to gain experience with lots of options to grow up in field including opening your own store

Great management and love to work with supportive team members

I just started working here and I got hired as a Food service supervisor. Fun loving team culture and professionalism. I am enjoying working here. I got the right opportunity which i was looking for.

Pros

Free meal Flexible schedule

Good

I worked there 3 years and it was good to work with different people but really fast pace place to work and sometimes really busy and didn’t get time for break.

Pros

Good team work

Cons

Less salary

Not an overall bad place to work

Love the people I work with. Fast paced environment. Always something to do to keep you busy. Must be able to work alone or in a team setting. Customer service oriented is a must.

Hard Work but Doable

While I learned many skills during my time with Subway, I would not recommend the experience to anyone. The food industry is one of the most unstable industries in the world and I believe that not even Subway can stay ahead of the curve. Most stores are understaffed because there is not enough income to balance the expense of wages. While working as a sandwich artist, I was abled to memorize the recipes for all products available to ensure each customer was served in a timely manner. When I was promoted to manager, I learned more about the post of sales functions and general operations which were added to my established tasks. The environment is fast-paced and endless, but if you work efficiently its doable. While it was hard work, it showed me what a great team can do when given the chance. The most enjoyable days were working special events. The workplace culture was great as I frequently found similar interests with all of my coworkers and staff. I was genuinely sad when leaving Subway, but it was no longer for me.

I had a great experienced working here as a manager and a leader of a team. Best fastfood restaurant, good location, a lot of available parking spots

It was my best experienced working here as a manager and I enjoyed working with my team. It's a fast paced working environment and it's busy every single day. Very friendly staffs and well trained employees. I do all around tasks here from Handling food and paperwork. I am grateful to have those experienced.

Not a good place to work...over worked under paid.

Over worked an under paid as management 14$ is just not enough. Long hours management doesnt work with u for scheduling. Area manager is a real stickler.

cool

cool place to work at if you need a job so that you can feed your family along with your dog while you pay the bills coz this is life and you know what it is what it is...

very good work experience

very good envoirment.good team work.reasonable salary.learn customer skills.and good food quality .very good management . develop good leadership qualities

peaceful

work place was great, offered myself to grow from within . very challenging since i had to manage two stores . i learned a lot from this place since it was challenging.

amazing owner and culture

location isnt the best but the great employees and owner get you through it. easy independent work other than team oriented lunch rush. free meals and hours are always ones that benefit you the most

Great place.

Always there for their employee. Give great hours and chances to advance in work place. Flexible hours and great work ethic. Family setting and great staff.

Is ok if you love to work at restaurants

For me I'm ok bec I work 10 yrs here I love my boss she is nice to the employee .everything is good if you like to at fastfood .fun to work I enjoy every single day I work

Fast pace environment

Great place to work for those who can multitask, team work is a must at the employment. You will learn how do communicate with other staff members and customer service is a must.

Worse job I've ever had

This was the WORST job I've EVER had .. the owner dawn is the WORST and the general managers are TERRIBLE. I was a manager at the Walmart location at 13 and vandyke and I would never recommend this job to anyone

Pros

Cons

No breaks, lack of proper management, over worked with little pay... THE ABSOLUTE WORST

Fun workplace with colleague

Worked as a manager so learn a lot of skills which helps a person to grow and working under pressure as it is busiest subway in town. Learn to work with different culture individual and leaned the skills to be in budget and how to overcome workplace complaints and workplace employees issues

fresh food

lots of hungry customers with different mood sets dealing with them need great efforts, On the other hand, one has to be positively active and very fast.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement