Subway Employee Reviews for Manager

subway review
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 May 2018
my review about subway
i m honestly saying about subway is really good for coustmer service job i really enjoy subway job. and one more thing i m working all most last 5 year working in subway i love my job but now i want to change and new experience thats why i apply this job
very good
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 May 2018
Open/Close cash
Inventory
Deliveries
Assured food quality control
I loved working at Subway, Its a great environment to work in, interacting with customers is easy as well
Overall good
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON26 April 2018
I worked there 5 years and it is a fine place to work. I started at the bottom and worked my way to the top. There was nothing more i could have done there and that is why i left.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Not a lot of staff so constantly had to cancel plans to cover shifts.
productive and fun workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 April 2018
busy day
good customer service
good experience working with different people
fast pace job
enjoyable job, everyone was nice talking to
hardest part delivery set up
First Job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2018
This was my first job, i still help them when they need me. Management was really good. Owner of the business is the best person. this job helped me in improving my costumers service skills, my english.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
less pay
fast paced
Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 March 2018
fast paced, fun staff to work with, great locations. room for advancement. always a good lunch on hand! or breakfast! Long shifts though&big inventory
Positive environment and market knowledge enhances
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2018
I can say a perfect meaning of a job is where you get satisfaction and productive climate and you get a chance to make connections with person to person.
Pros
Eat fresh and feel fresh. Indeed a strong bond between you and your customers.
Cons
Lack of allocated Duties and good management might cause problems
Subway is a good employer for youth
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lac du Bonnet, MB7 February 2018
I have no complaints about working at Subway, I enjoyed my time there, working and training youth. I admire the quality control that is displayed. The hours were great as well as the compensation with bonuses.
great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 December 2017
fast paced, easy going. wi9th Subway your not a number. you have a name. work around school and other jobs. competitive wage. only problems there is a smell that covers everything you own. if you can get past that its a great time there. room for quick advancements
Pros
free food and discounts
smell
Good
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC9 December 2017
i learn a lot of things here from top to bottom, i had a great boss who always supports me, typical day at work interacting with different kind of customers, and having fun with co-workers.

Want to know more about Subway?

Ask a question
first management job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 November 2017
This is where I began my management experience. I learned how to talk to employees in a way they would best listen and learn from me. Also how I would learn to control food and labour costs.
good as training place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
I worked for Subway for 5 years. Started at minimum wage just making sandwiches and finished as manage making $14 and hour (in 2015).
Depends of the location you work at and the manager and franchise owner you have, but the best part will always be your coworker.
The worse? As a manager I run the store for the owner but my salary was not in hand with the amount of work I had. Owner refuse to hire more people and I ended working 50 hs a week, no overtime payment.
After I left the owner had no choice but to hire 2 people to what I was doing and eventually a 3rd one.
So if you work for Subway make sure the franchise owner its a good one.
Pros
coworkers, 50% off subs
Cons
low pay
Depends on managment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC20 September 2017
It really depends on the manager. I have worked with awful managers before that made me come to work when had a high fever so she could leave early, yell at new employees for making mistakes when she would just expect them to know what to do without training them, and worse. I have heard many similar stories from other people who have worked at Subways. The last Subway I worked at was the complete opposite of that where everyone looked out for each other and covered what others missed. Like I said though, it really depends on the management.
Pros
free sandwiches
Cons
no scheduled breaks (just eat between customers)
Horrible Owners and Upper Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 August 2017
The customers where lovely, employees where lovely but the owners of the restaurant let it fall into a state of disrepair, never bought anything new for the store, never showed their faces at the store except to deliver bad news, and never gave out promotions. When I moved up to manager I requested training and was denied resulting in inadequate preparation for the manager title I received. I managed on my own for about 3 months before the stress of the job forced me to quit.
Pros
Free Sandwich
Cons
Horrible Owners
Easy and productive.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrow, ON23 July 2017
It is a good starting job for students but its very hard to get the hours that you need as a full time worker. Some owners very hard to work for. Poor staff quality because nothing was constant.
finding new friends
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2017
the team working in Subway is so good. You will meet new people either co worker or customers.It is wonderful to find new friends. You get familiar with health issues and its importance.

the salary is not enough and no insurance.

But it is a good place for getting customer service experience.

If someone can not attend one day it will be hard to handle lunch time, but it will give you good feeling when you do it!

As general working with different people and culture is kind of interesting.
Pros
deal with different customers
Cons
standing all the time
Great place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON29 June 2017
Owners were great very suppotive to all their employees. Encourage a good team environment. Was focused on helping their employees grow within the company.
Pros
Great food program
Cons
Unpredictable traffic
Ok environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lac du Bonnet, MB13 June 2017
OK place to work at. Overall ok, Timing management is a huge thing, Work quickly as prepping between customers. Fun place to work in if you don't mind multi-taking
Great First Job
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Manitoba22 May 2017
This is a great place to start your career. They will help develop you which you're in school and teach you management skills. Although I've long outgrown my role there, I often think back on my Subway days - happy memories.
very independent working experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON1 May 2017
sherry is a wonderful person and an even more wonderful boss.
she is caring concerning and truly respects her staff. i had a wonderful time working at her location
Pros
free lunch caring boss
Cons
bad area some customers can be very rude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

59.6K