Subway

Cashier126 reviews
Canada126 reviews

Found 126 reviews matching the searchSee all 54,336 reviews
sandwichfreebreadfoodcustomerpreplunchshift

Not my job didn’t enjoy. Wasn’t the worst. I wouldn’t apply there again though. Mediocre job. Low pay. Low social interaction. Management needs lots of work.

productive

it was a good place to start having experience. Overall same minimum job. workplace culture is horrible. Management is poor. Hardest part is the managers who expect you to do everything.

Insights into Subway

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Manager is horrible.

This certain store is very toxic and I would never recommend working there. Owners are amazing manager is the worst man I’ve ever worked for in mylife

Pros

Free 6in every shift longer than 3 hours

Cons

Manager. Fast turnover rate so hard to keep people

Fun

It is good working there. I easily understand all the tasks that i was required to do there. It took me 2 weeks to learn all the work. I recommend working there.

Wonderful

If you love being a sandwich artist then it's the position for you , you often have to love the job your looking for otherwise it just won't be fun and happy management is always willing to hire different ethnic groups

Pros

Loved being a sandwich artist

Cons

You have your days with customers

good place

a very fast place to work and got flexible hours and management was good too the hardest part of the job was during the lunch rush. i loved the food there especially chicken teriyaki

Subway

I loved the company but the management at the few locations I worked at werent the best or were changing constantly. I do highly recommend working at subway if you are a highschool student, as for adults trying to pay your bills this is not the job for you!

Productive and fun workplace

I feel amazing to work at the subway. the training period was quite good. in the training, I was taught to make sandwiches. as I was having previous experience of cashier so after a few weeks, I worked there as a cashier.

unprofessional / unsupportive management

Highly unprofessional environment with regard to management. Complaints were made multiple times to no avail by costumers and employees. However, the schedule and pay is acceptable for someone with little to no work experience.

fun workplace

The management was great. I learned to worked in a fast paced environment, which taught me to work efficiently. It also improved my public speaking skills.

Got an opportunity to learn many new things and interact with new customers every now and then which enhanced my communication skills and it also helped me to focus on the smallest details which could help me in future.

Good work place

I got along well with most team members, I worked there for 5 years and never had an Issue, they recently closed that location which Is why I no longer work there, It was a very good job and I enjoyed It very much, connecting with my customers and just making everyone's visit one to remember and want to come back to was my favourite part of the job. Subway was my first job and I'm so thankful I got to work there and meet all the lovely customers and co workers!!

competitive workplace

i had great experience with subway. This subway is located at niagara falls on highway. I directly hired at this subway because i worked befor on another store. I have all the skills that subway needs and able to work independently.

un-organized

manager is not professional, he does not care the employees. he did not conduct proper trainings. he let the trainee do the work by him self in closing for his first day training.

productive and fun place because there was a lot of friends with whom i can share my problems and they help me to solve that.easy job for everyone and if a person do this with full concentration he/she can achieve high level of pay also.

Team work job.

We did as a team. We tried to help to each other to serve the customers in the best way and fast peace. The store was clean and organize. It serves healthy food too.

Stressful work environment with really demanding boss

would not recommend it to other people, employer enforced us to either skip our schooling and attend work or be fired. Very unreasonable scheduling as well as difficult work environment in the first place

Great place to work at

Getting your sandwich skills sharpened? Want to add experience working with customers in a team-like environment? Want to know how it's like to work in the food industry or just simply have a passion for sandwiches or Subway? Apply today

productive and positive workplace

on my point of view, there are a very positive work environment. I worked in the subway is my first job in Canada and it teaches me lots of things as Canada is a new county for me so yea I can say its give me good things.

Undecided

Wasn't the greatest job but it paid the bills. Didn't really like the hours I was given, not working with 8 people though is a bonus. Small shifts so it's quieter.

stressful

It was a great experience working at subway but thing was that i only get 6 hours which is quite less for paying my living expenditure so thats why i apply for another job

Pros

free lunch

Cons

short

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement