Subway

Canada3,979 reviews

Found 3,979 reviews matching the searchSee all 55,000 reviews
sandwichfreebreadfoodcustomerpreplunchshift

fast paced work

typical day at work includes taking customer instruction to make sandwicheskeep inventory up to datestore cleaning duties stocking up on drinks and snacks

Wastage of time and cost your peace of mind

Not a good place to work. Employees and general manager are not so co-operative. Paid not good, compare to work given. Not fix schedules. It is totally dependent on the general manager mood that how many hours should be given at work. Definitely not recommended

Pros

Free sandwiches

Cons

No breaks for lunch

Insights into Subway

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

What was I thinking?

Just wanted a part time job... didn't expect this.No direct deposit. You are paid by cheque which most banks hold for 5 days. The only training received was unpaid and done from my own computer at home then just tossed onto the line during a rush. Horrible experiences too numerous to list here. Avoid.

Pros

Proximity to home

Cons

Everything else

Okay workplace

You’re either working by yourself or with one other person usually. Really depends on your location and management. Management was very poor at my location

Good to work

In general its a good enviroment to work, i have new friends and was be relaxed, well management, i learned to do a lot of different sanwdwich, in general its great.

Pros

happy

Good place to start

It s a good place to start to work if you are a high school graduate. I spent my first work weekend with this company. And I decided to work harder in school and go to college

Pros

Free food

Cons

Don't work there its not good

If u are a teen maybe subway would work for you but other then that its not a good place to work ...they don't pay enough and u should just go to college or university instead don't waste your time ...

Pros

Free food

Cons

It's not a good place to work

Never working there again

Ive worked at many subways and this way my last one I can’t even describe how discusting and not professional the owners sre. Very disrespectful, they don’t pay you your exact hours and it’s very stressful.

Pros

1 free 6”

Cons

Environment, owners, NO privacy

Correct

My mental health deteriorated

A typical day at work was having to tip toe around management, doing much more than what your job is required as the older employees will take advantage of new hires, and sometimes I had to work 15 hours and wasn't paid for these extra hours or till 12 am. You need a good balance between work and your life. The hardest part of that job was losing my personal life.

Pros

Cons

Unpaid over time, abusive management, no work life balances

Will not recommend working in subway

Always sad to go to work. You will never have help even when its busy; there is always only 1 person also no breaks because literally no one else is working.

Bon travail d'étudiant pour un premier travail

La journée de travail et l'ambiance dépend beaucoup de la journée de la semaine. En général travail facile à s'habituer qui est bon pour commencer un premier travail.

It's a good student job.

Easy job. Make food properly, as instructed, work fast and clean and be courteous to customers. That's all.You get to listen to music, chat with your coworkers and customers.You should be a people person to work here AND care about quality service.

Good place to start career

Overall experience was good. Wage is less. Minimum pay salary. High pressure and always fast phased environment. Standing long hours and lifting heavy boxes of products

stress working environment

It is more like working in a line of production of a factory. Might be good for people without any specific education. Do not think of it as anything which is even remotely close to a drram job.

Making subway

It's a good experience there, everybody can learn about how make a subway and improve their English, it's possible know many people from all the world.

Good stepping stone job

They pay management below industry standards. Managers are required to cover any open shifts that staff can’t be found for, so you could wind up working an insane amount of hours at times.

Fast pace

It’s nice working there. Nice people it gets busy also I enjoyed my time working at subway. I learned how to deal with customers, I experienced being on a very stressful situation especially during busy times which gave me a confidence to make things work out on a difficult situation, I learned how to multitask my work, food safety, cleaning and washing loads of dirty dishes. Working on subway was a good experiece

Environnement de travail

Très bon environnement de travail. Réduction sur tout nos achats dans le restaurant. On nous forme et nous prépare efficacement à notre réussite et en cas de difficultés on nous aide immédiatement.

Travail étudiants

Exellent travail pour étudiants pas trop stressant patrons accommodant

Manager Brights grove

I worked for the brights grove location for almost a year as a manager! It was very stressful owners moved away so it was very hard to manage as money was tight! The staff are great but they have to many family friends that work and it makes it hard to manage as they are the “favourites “ and get away with so much! I wouldn’t recommend working for them unless your family or friends!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement