Subway logo
Happiness score is 63 out of 100Average

Subway Employee Reviews

Found 3,669 reviews matching the searchSee all 50,535 reviews

Lots of schedule problems

- fixed schedules- not enough staffs if you called in sick. You still have to go to work because no one will cover for you. - no flexible schedules

Pros

Free food

Cons

Fixed schedules

Good Starter Job

Subway is a good starting position as it requires the employee to learn time management, improve short term memory, and social skills. However, like any other entry level job, the majority of people do treat you like an idiot or with utter indifference. You need a thick skin.

Pros

Free 6" sub per shift, free fountain drinks

Cons

Customers

Great team environment, but fast paced

We had a very busy, fast paced store. I worked with a great team and loved making sandwiches. I would recommend this Subway location! There can be some rough customers, but it is how you react to them that will make whether they ruin your day or not. Most customers were pleasant.

Pros

Free food, Good Staff, Good Pay

Productive and fun workplace good learning for fast paced environments stressful when busy

Got paid for no training basically did intense physical labour for about a month with no payment. Too much expectations from ppl who had nothing to do with the training because the way they want you to do it is different than how the person who trained u does it.

Pros

Free sub after shift

Cons

No discounts, high expectations stress when busy

Manager is horrible.

This certain store is very toxic and I would never recommend working there. Owners are amazing manager is the worst man I’ve ever worked for in mylife

Pros

Free 6in every shift longer than 3 hours

Cons

Manager. Fast turnover rate so hard to keep people

Fun work place... supportive team... great training.. lots of help available when busy

Great training. They actually show and watch the new staff and teach them the correct procedures and not assume new trainees know.Very positive and encouraging.Training is done in steps and at a pace that new people can absorb and not feel overwhelmed.I love the way they train their new staff. We are never abandoned to figure things out by trial and error. There is always management help nearby. This is such a positive for Subway!

La propreté du restaurant

Il est très bien entretenue et toujours propre tout dépendaient des closer

Pros

Repas 50% de rabais sur tout se que vous prenez durant votre quart de travail

Cons

Pas trop de vitesse faite

If you love working 35 hour weeks as part time apply

When I started here it was quite nice, manager seemed great, everything seemed fine. That all took a turn pretty quickly, I worked way more than I was supposed to, didn’t get properly trained and management was not here when needed.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Long hours, poor management

Enjoyable place to work

Good fair place to work . some shifts too long but fair amount of hours. No real room for advancement . owner was easy to work for other staff worked well and competently trained. Poor follow up trainkng.

Pros

Discounts and free meal while working

Cons

Lomg hpurs often workong alone

Customers were great

A great beginner job to teach you essential work skills, though a lot of pressure to finish prep and cleaning. Busy days were stressful and most days I could only have my break if I was working alone, or if I needed to eat, because my manager would guilt me.I worked above and beyond for a while, but that work seemed to go unnoticed until I stopped over committing.The best part of the job was definitely the customers, as long as you’re kind and patient, they won’t have any problem with you. A lot of them were sad to see me go. Remembering their orders brought in more tips, especially if you worked opening shifts.

Pros

Discounted food during shifts

Cons

Unreliable schedule

Jobs at Subway

See more jobs

Productive and fun workplace

I whole heartedly loved and enjoyed working at Subway. It's at our popular amusement parks in Vaughan, Ontario, what fun! Friendly staff and coworkers I had to work with. Very fast pace environment.

Pros

Free lunches

understaff, too much workload and no work and life balance.

Too much workload, understaff and you can't even get a decent breaktime no matter how long you've been working. You're dedication to the job will never be acknowledged.

Cons

overworked staffs

Stressful and mentally toxic environment

Out of my wide range of job experience I put my time at Subway as the most toxic envierment I've ever worked in alone with one other place. The management was extremely poor and constantly bullied, disciminated and took advantage of it's employees. I would never recommend anyone to work there.

Not a great place

Would not recommend. Put a dent in my mental health. Cried a lot. Freezer is scary. No support. Steak comes in a loaf. Roast chicken smells like dirty diaper.

Pros

Free lunch if you just take it

Cons

Everything else

The right management

I worked for an incredible owner/manager. This is key to any place you apply too. with people like that its make working so much easier and better work place environment. the employees i worked along side with were amazing. and turned out life long friendships. Hands down one of thee best places i have ever worked.

Pros

Layed back

Cons

some rude customers

Favoritism

If my manager/owner likes an individual he/she gets more hours. Every four hours I got a 15minutes unpaid lunch break. After minimum wage went up, they became cheap on the break.

Pros

Cons

Minimum wage, no paid time off, unreliable hours

Decent job to get you by

It was a great job for anyone needing part-time work or temporary full-time. Wouldn't recommend planning to stay because of the low pay and few advancement opportunities (you might become supervisor but not much more). Easy to learn, hands on. Hardest part of the job are difficult customers but the majority are decent. As well, if a customer comes in as you're just about to close it can make clean-up longer at the end of the night (typically don't expect to get out at the end of your shift if it's a closing shift). We also received tips monthly divided among the staff, although it was typically a very small amount.

Pros

50% employee discount, easy to learn, management was great

Cons

rude customers, some late nights closing up

Awful place to work

Don't work there its an awful place to work your not given breaks your over worked and under paid and treated poorly and like your not good enough of a person to work there

Cons

Awful

Overall Great Opportunity To Work if someone get job to work in it.

Amazing place and it’s always been cleaned in each part of Store. One thing I can say if you used to work in Subway then other tasks would be easy to complete.

Pros

Beneficial to get free food, interaction with customer, can improve speed for listening and making sandwich as well as handling cash too

Amazing work environment

People at subway are the most friendliest and supportive of new employees. I was a different person when I stated working here, but now i can say i am very confident in myself to be able to work in any company, with anyone, and bringing out the best of myself in front of others.

Stressful job

I suggest to everyone don’t work overtime. Because they always hold your money . And after asking multiple times they are not giving to you. And treating like slaves. Not a worth place for work.

Pros

No free meal

Cons

They are not paying overtime.But forcing to do long hours .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

14.7K