Subway

Subway Employee Reviews

Found 3,657 reviews matching the search
It was a great job for anyone needing part-time work or temporary full-time. Wouldn't recommend planning to stay because of the low pay and few advancement opportunities (you might become supervisor but not much more). Easy to learn, hands on. Hardest part of the job are difficult customers but the majority are decent. As well, if a customer comes in as you're just about to close it can make clean-up longer at the end of the night (typically don't expect to get out at the end of your shift if it's a closing shift). We also received tips monthly divided among the staff, although it was typically a very small amount.
Pros
50% employee discount, easy to learn, management was great
Cons
rude customers, some late nights closing up
I worked for an incredible owner/manager. This is key to any place you apply too. with people like that its make working so much easier and better work place environment. the employees i worked along side with were amazing. and turned out life long friendships. Hands down one of thee best places i have ever worked.
Pros
Layed back
Cons
some rude customers
If my manager/owner likes an individual he/she gets more hours. Every four hours I got a 15minutes unpaid lunch break. After minimum wage went up, they became cheap on the break.
Pros
Cons
Minimum wage, no paid time off, unreliable hours
Don't work there its an awful place to work your not given breaks your over worked and under paid and treated poorly and like your not good enough of a person to work there
Cons
Awful
Amazing place and it’s always been cleaned in each part of Store. One thing I can say if you used to work in Subway then other tasks would be easy to complete.
Pros
Beneficial to get free food, interaction with customer, can improve speed for listening and making sandwich as well as handling cash too
Cons
People at subway are the most friendliest and supportive of new employees. I was a different person when I stated working here, but now i can say i am very confident in myself to be able to work in any company, with anyone, and bringing out the best of myself in front of others.
I suggest to everyone don’t work overtime. Because they always hold your money . And after asking multiple times they are not giving to you. And treating like slaves. Not a worth place for work.
Pros
No free meal
Cons
They are not paying overtime.But forcing to do long hours .
Fun place to work, super flexible and the boss is amazing, but don’t expect to ever make more than minimum wage. Very good first job for students and teens
Pros
50% off food during shift, 10% off other times
Cons
Underpaid
Been working for quite some time now, great environment at work. But be ready to be running, standing, leaning, bending, picking up things as a new employee. Agility is most important
I loved my job here until the new owners took over. Everything is changed now and most of the stuff they do isn't subway standards. You are expected to do more than just your job title. I was a junior sandwich artist and was doing assistant manager jobs for minimum wage because they didn’t hire one.
My experience at Subway was not very good, I felt very stressful during shifts and sometimes we have to extend our shifts without any prior information.
Worked at location on edge of st. Thomas. Management is unprofessional and unorganized. Dont expect much from them. Staff was always fun to work with
Pros
Free food on shift
Cons
Employer was not good, not treat everyone fairly and was short tempered. Employer start screaming if he/she was not in good mood. Do not work there if you don't want to end up in depression like me
I like to work here because it’s good place . We can meet new people Nd communicate with others and can exchange cultures . Everyone is very polite and hepful
Pros
Free lunches
Rude management, doesn't care about employee. Long shifts after closing late on previous night. WhatsApp small closing issues in the morning and ruin your day
Pros
. Journée relativement routinière mais achalandé. . J'ai appris à travailler beaucoup sur moi même.
Pros
Pourboire
Cons
Aucune assurance
rude co workers, not enough hours, no team work, some people are stealing food item, not friendly staff, not. not a good place to work. i don't recommend this work place
J’ai détesté. Toute seule dans des rushs, pas d’aide, je suis partie les conditions de travail affreuses, allez pas là
Pros
Aucun
Cons
Tous les points sont négatifs
In Canada i started my first job at subway. Management is fantastic. My owner deals with me like as my family. He helped my in my all hard times. I learned alot at subway. My job hours were so flexible. I did my best at my job. Thanks alot for giving me opportunity to worked at Subway.
Pros
Feel comfortable
Cons
No benefits
Good place to get experience but ask who the owner is. The one I worked for expected to much for just plain minimum wage. You will be doing the work managers do but no pay raise. Customers where pretty awesome. Coworkers it varies. But the owner didn’t pay well. They’d try and screw you over on your pay cheque. If you are a student or not from Canada they’ll pay you even less and expect you to not go to class to work. If you work over time you don’t get paid overtime. You’ll get 2 different cheques.
Pros
You get tips, if you ban people he has your back
Cons
Long hours, expects a lot for little pay
It is a good experience working in subway as it was my first job I learned a lot many things like fast paced atmosphere so to work quickly , time management, food preparation, communication with costumer. I liked the way subway franchises manage all the goods of the production. A very positive atmosphere to work friendly staff and employees working over there. Overall I can say it is the best experience and job I did.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No cons
  1. Employee reviews