Subway Employee Reviews

Found 2,887 reviews matching the search See all 35,728 reviews
Good management bad company
Junior sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Beaverlodge, AB19 March 2019
The subway I was stationed in had a great manager after the first one I was with quit. She did her best to ensure everyone was happy with their schedules and even whom they were working with. Subway in itself is not a company I'd reccomend working for. Staff is underpaid and it is extremely difficult to be heard.
My advice , dont work in this Place
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, Canada19 March 2019
I still work part time in subway as a closure shift in Thunderbay , Canada. In evenings there is huge flow of customers and I'm working alone in my closing shift. My manager assign my schedule from 5.30 to 10. 30 , and my ship closes at 10.00 pm, Because of the high sales, I can't do any other work in these time. So only after 10.00 , I can start to clean oven, clean pans of the bread baked and preps for front fridge for the next day. Moreover I have to change garbage bags from washroom to front area and back area , and I have to sweep and mop the entire restaurant, including back area and washrooms. And count the breads, wraps, and the money.

Now how do they think, I can do this in half hour. Do tgey think that, I'm a superman or superhuman ? So they are shamelessly proud of making me do unpaid work.
And I cannot take any single breaks, never I'm able to catch my last bus, So I do call taxi at 20 $ to my home.

What is subway culture ?
Working so hard that, you can break your spinal cord, in an understaffed work place

Breaking every legal rights of the employees and being proud of that.

Under paying the staff

Best thing is , even in small coffee shops , you can find 2 person per shift, and only in subway you can see some poor, and depressed person working alone always cursing himself for choosing to work over there.

Ask any employee in subway, those employees will tell what they're passing through. But no legal systems, or workers organizations nor the subway corporation is not considering how many rights of employees are getting violated in the subways.
  more... Because no party nor legal systems are not interested to find out anything.

I'm still looking for other jobs. If I can find one, I'm sure i will leave this place at the first chance I get.
Pros
Free 12 inch sub if you're working more than 5 to 6 hours
Cons
Everything, including violation of human rights and employee rights
Fun to work at this company
Multi Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 March 2019
been here since 2008 and started as food counter attendant and promoted to manager. I enjoyed working with people of different race and learned a lot from them.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
far from house
Fun Environment to work in
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 March 2019
Overall Good environment, great management, Busy location made me learn more about dealing with all sorts of customers, being quick in decision making and problem solving.
enjoyable
sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 March 2019
my time at subway was very fun, definitely an amazing first real job. not much to complain about other than having very strict management, much more strict than what the job required.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
overtly strict management
What you'd expect
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC16 March 2019
got to choose my hours very flexibly and it was a great entry level job but obviously there isn't much that can be expected from minimum wage jobs. clients were often disrespectful and i often needed to work overtime unexpectedly to finish closing procedures alone, so it was unpredictable on top of that. staff was nice however. I had a heavy work load to complete alone before leaving.
Pros
good hours, food, kind staff
Cons
unpredictable, disrespectful clients
Cashier and Sandwich Artist
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2019
Overall , work is good, place is where subs and food is prepared is always good , there is good culture over there , and you will definitely enjoy over over there if you are working with your friends.
Fast paced and friendly environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB16 March 2019
This job is very fast paced and you need to be able to multi-task. Very focused on customer service and maintain a open and friendly work environment for all.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Minimum wage for pay
Evening Shifts
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Prevost, QC14 March 2019
You barely interact with management, the hours they give you are minimal, they keep getting new employees for no reason almost as if they want to lower everyone's hours. Evening shifts are the worst if you hate working alone, closing the restaurant can take ages for the first 2-3 months.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Barely any hours
Low wage and the owner even take away the tips
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2019
Franchise owner only pay half of the minimum wage for new staffs, the new staffs usually are new international students from India. No benefit at all, even most part of the tips from customers were take away from the owner.
Pros
Free 6 inch sandwich lunch
Terrible
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Iroquois Falls, ON12 March 2019
The job was just some job that got me to pay a few bills. It was very interesting to work with the people I did. The customers, you really have to pay attention to the customers and eventually it'll be ok to work there.
Great Learning Experience
Senior Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Goodwood, ON12 March 2019
I really enjoyed working at Subway. Since the store is smaller, generally there would only be one person working at a time. Through this i was able to take on the responsibility of opening and closing the store, managing the till, preparing food, serving customers, and cleaning and organizing the store as well. This job was a great learning experience as it provided me with the opportunity of taking full responsibility of not only my job but the entire store.
Pros
Free Lunches
My work experience is very good at subway
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 March 2019
I have good skills I'm glad to serve myself to company for their enhancement .I know English hindi,punjabi languages. I having better communication skills.
acceptable work environment
Store supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2019
the environment of the workplace is acceptable but the associates dont get paid well keep the amount of work and efforts they are putting in mind. the culture needs a change
Great Student Job
Server (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 March 2019
The managers was very flexible and understanding of employee needs. There were many opportunities to advance in the workplace as well. This was a great job experience for a student. However it is important to personally communicate with management when any concerns arise.
Good place to work as far as food service goes
MANAGER, subway (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 March 2019
The job is good but runs with very few staff and benefits are non existent even at manager level. Head office doesn’t seem to listen to their managers and franchisees about things that aren’t working on a store level.
Pros
Free food, friendly atmosphere
Cons
No benefits, few staff
Great first job for students/teenagers