Subway
Happiness score is 62 out of 100

Subway Employee Reviews

Canada3,945 reviews

Found 3,945 reviews matching the searchSee all 54,078 reviews

You get out what youp put in..

A lot of chages, most for the better. When there is change there are always challenges. Being a part of carving out the new future is a great experience.

Pros

Great Team

Cons

Managing changing multiple priortities

Work experience

I found the managers to be quite rude. Demeaning. And not very obliging in switching shifts/hours. The owner was even less obliging and friendly. Quite nasty in fact. I wouldn’t recommend working there. Unless the owner has moved on.

Insights into Subway

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Fast Paced Energetic workplace in Franchise Setting

Working with Franchise Owners daily to grow sales and business can be exciting. Allowed to set goals and get results without constant pressure. Traveling and working on weekends may not be for everyone.

Great place to work buy hard with few employees

I enjoyed my time working there for the most part, the problem is that they have very few employees which makes it hard especially on busy days or if someone calls in but good because you'll get lots of hours.

Pros

Free lunch, lots of hours, flexible, good management

OK to work

Its ok to work there but in terms of pay, you have to literally follow-up. That makes life difficult as pay irregularities doesn't boost your confidence in work.

Pros

Free sandwich

Cons

Pay irregularity

Environnement de travail motivant et sympathique!

J'ai adoré mon expérience au Subway. J'ai rapidement créé des liens avec mes collègues et avec mon employeurs. Environnement très propre, je le recommande pour un emploi étudiant!

Stressful

I worked at a location in a mall. It was extremely fast paced which was fine however not everyone works as hard as others. It’s disappointing when you give your all and others slack off because they know you will do it. The manager was terrible and went out of her way to make things more difficult on the employees and make their day harder than necessary/

Fast paced and stressful work environment. Just a single person handelling super busy store. Doing all this and getting just the minimum pay

Good to get the experience here but not recommended for working long time here. You get the Minimum pay but you need to fo all the work. Handelling 20 + customers per hour and then also doing tasks at back can be physically demanding and stressful.

Pros

master of your own because you are working alone. And also employee discount is a great thing.

Cons

Unpaid break

Decent Job

Decent place to work. Fast paced, easy to learn. I found the training process to be very long, it could have been shorter. management was okay, overall:

Easy job, bad management

The job itself was easy to do, however management was poorly organized, understaffed. Customers were very rude.

Good place to work if you are looking for part time jobs. Can be stressful and tiring at times. If you enjoy making subs, you would love the job and enjoy.

Bien

C’est un bon emploi étudiant, salaire minimum en général.

Good for part timer’s

No employee benefits and they will hire anyone when they are in need. Minimum pay and no career growth or opportunities. Customers are rude and you will be working worth 3 people everyday.

I have an awesome store owner

Awesome experience, homely environment , got really good relations with staff and owner , happy to work in this store, just want to grow myself like promotion in head office or something but very less opportunity

Pros

Free lunch, Good experience with staff and customers

Cons

No progression

Good places for high school students

This was a good first job opportunity in high school, not difficult, great customers that would tip me a lot because they loved my neatness. The manager was such a sweet lady, and my coworkers were like family

Average place to work.

Management is not the best and communication is not good. Had to learn on the fly a majority of the time without proper training. Aside from that not a horrible place to work aside from the low wage but that is expected.

Pros

Can get a free sub if you work more than 5 hours.

Cons

Lacking good communication and management could be better.

Student Employment

Effective student employment for the most part. While I myself only worked very very part-time time, I made decent money with after tips and never felt micromanaged.

A good first job

Wonderful place for a first time job. There is no room to work up, but good first time experience . Flexible hours, 6 inch sub for free for lunch, suitable for high school students

Manager ruined the location

Unfortunately, the location that I worked at was ruined by a terrible manager. Usually I would not let that wreck the good parts of the job, but we had brought forth issues about abuse from this manager to her superiors and then head office when it was not dealt with. When they actually tried to do something, the Manager in question went from yelling at everyone to refusing to speak to anyone who worked there and barely to customers. At the time I worked there, I was part time and without paying me more they had me opening and closing and had me 'borrow' a spare key and alarm code so the senior staff could leave early and then a single person was expected to complete all the work and written up if the couldn't, even if it got busy. The last straw was when they wanted me to work shifts at the same time as school, and when I said I couldn't they told me to show up or else. Needless to say I quit. Unfortunately, I could see how with good management and support from the owner it could be a good job as the tasks were not difficult and could be scheduled to work around school or another job.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Managment

Not my job didn’t enjoy. Wasn’t the worst. I wouldn’t apply there again though. Mediocre job. Low pay. Low social interaction. Management needs lots of work.

All good

Much better than other franchises as owner behaviour is up to the mark reallly helpfull and stand for what he says should recommend this place to work woth of experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement