Subway Employee Reviews

good
SANDWICH ARTIST (Former Employee) –  PE20 September 2018
good
low salary
long days
good people
need to do alot of things once
was ok job
job culture ok
discount meals
nice people to work with
can move up in company if needed
Good work place with fun coworkers.
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lennoxville20 September 2018
Great coworkers and great management. Working can be enjoyable because of the good environment. A typical day at work is working about 3-7 hour shifts, with 2 or 1 other person. On busy days, a rush can last up to 2 hours. On event days, it gets busier and rushes can last up to 4 hours. So the hardest part of this job is to deal with rushes like this. The manager is super great and fair, considerate and responsible. The most enjoyable part of the job, is being such a small team that you make friends easily with other employees and it makes your shifts go by quickly and smoothly.
Pros
You get 50% off your sub or salad
Cons
Working alone and dealing with big rushes
travaill
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Saint-Eustache, QC19 September 2018
travail sous pression, parfois pas de pauses selon les rushs
avancement
Commis à la restauration rapide (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 September 2018
il y'a pas pas de possibilité d'avancement dans cette entreprise
Pros
Repas gratuit
Cons
aucun avancement
Productive and fun workplace
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 September 2018
I really liked working here, I liked serving the customers and getting their orders. I enjoyed restocking and filling the stuff back up. The employees were nice. I also enjoyed doing the cashier part
Great environment
Cashier/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB18 September 2018
It was a fun work experience and nothing but good times and fun with all employes or costumers everyday and making sure the food we serve on a daily basis is top quality
Pros
Discounts, working to put smiles on faces
Environnement peut agréable
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  La Côte (70)18 September 2018
J’ai remarqué, dans mon équipe de jour, il y avait beaucoup trop de compétition. Mon manager ne me laissait jamais m’adapter.
Cons
Courte pause
toujours occupé
Gerante (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC13 September 2018
Toujours plusieurs taches a faire et papier a remplir
Fun and Easy
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 September 2018
The job is fairly simple. It is very routine like. Managing time is a skill you have to master in order to complete tasks in a timely manner. The hardest part is working alone and being responsible for every position all alone for a continuous 6-7 hours.
Pros
free lunchesm accessible location
Cons
long and strenuous hours
Depending on the location and the people can be fun and friendly to work with.
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manitoba11 September 2018
Depending on the location you're at the management can be either easy to work with or difficult. Both my experience's weren't the greatest, both manager's weren't really always friendly during shifts. But I have heard through other employees that there were other locations where the managers made it fun to be at work and everyone would get along with each other. Creating a family experience if you will. It usually depends if they're understaffed or not.
Pros
Free 6 inch after 4 hours, free footlong after 8 hours, Free drinks while on shift, off shift you get 10% off, on shift you can get 50% off, If usual amount of people on board then 30 minute breaks with food from in store
Cons
Depending on management, if understaffed then no breaks.
Easy job to handle with studies
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC10 September 2018
During Studies, working in Subway gives you a lot of help. You can work part-time as well and concentrate on other issues as well. Other staff and management are really helpful. Despite some awful customers, there are many nice and good customers we have seen those can make your day wonderful. The enjoyable part of the job is the shift in the morning that I have been doing for more than 6 months. I have many regular people who came in the morning to get their Sub and share their plans for the day or weekend.
Overall is OK
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 September 2018
I'm working three days a week. Something I feel bad is I don't think it is a good place to eat. The food is not fresh sometimes. The owner was trying to save the money as much as they can, even the food the is not fresh, but they are still use it.
Pros
free lunch
great to serve people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC9 September 2018
As an assistant manager there is a lot of store responsibility on your shoulders. On a typical day there is a lot of cash flow to control, inventories to be managed and schedules of workers to look after. Most enjoyable part is to meet new faces everyday.
Subway
Artiste du sandwich (Former Employee) –  Saint-Alphonse-de-Granby, QC9 September 2018
Beaucoup de service à la clientèle. J'ai effectuer des tâches avec un peu plus de gestions avec le temps, tel que gérer le coffre, faire les commandes etc
Productive and fun staff to work with
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON8 September 2018
Over the almost three years of working for Subway and I encountered and lot of employees and came and went. Almost everyone I worked with there was very enjoyable, easy to work with, and easy to get along with. I also learned how to deal with difficult customers and how to handle the situations properly.
Pros
Free food after 2 years of working there
Good Starting Job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2018
I was able to work without any experience. They helped me learn and build up all of my skills to be able to work in a Canadian Setting. People were very patient in teaching me all the things that I needed to know.
Healthy workplace environment with mostly adults
Artist (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB3 September 2018
If your in school or out of school and your looking at fast food this job is pretty easy to land. There usually hiring and it was one of my better fast food experiences.
Pros
discount on food beverages
Cons
Some drama because there are kids
Productive and creative work place
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 September 2018
I have gained much confidence after working in subway. I also feel that i do something creative and productive while i am working there. I am a enthusiastic learner.
Pros
Free 6" sub a day
Cons
long hours can be tiring sometimes.
Productive and fun workplace with nice co-workers and employer.
Food Counter Attendant / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON2 September 2018
I would say everyday at work was hard work at the same time its fun because you have a chance to learn, improve your self and a chance to enter act with other people. Everyone are busy doing different task and helping each other and everyone are focus on giving the costumer what they've wanted and best experience possible. I learned how to do all the task that they ask me to do from the very basic task in the restaurant like maintaining the cleanliness following the restaurant standard, preparing all the product so that it will be ready for serving, doing the cashier, inventory, handling delivery, managing big orders, and handling decision making if needed. and other task required in a restaurant function. About the management I can say that I wish there is additional benefits for a worker with position that does more job than the other part time only or don't have much responsibility on the restaurant function except of free food and break time payed. Workplace culture i wish there is recognition board for the hard workers and not just for the mistakes that needs an improvement so that the good workers will work harder even more cause they know they are being recognized. The positive side of the company's culture that I like the most is the team work that made the difference. The hardest Job for me was my first time doing the inventory alone its so much complicated because of lack of information on my training. The last but not the least my enjoyable experience on my job was when the costumers, co-workers and even the employer recognized your hard work. That is a wonderful  more... feeling as a worker that makes you want to prove more to others and specially to your self. And working with friends sometimes is a bonus...  less
Pros
Free food and break time payed
Cons
Not enough benefits for full time worker with position
Standard Minimum Wage Work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 September 2018
Standard minimum wage work at a fast food restaurant. Typical day includes, stocking shelves, prepping food, serving customers and cleaning the premises.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

59.7K