Stz'uminus First Nation

Stz'uminus First Nation Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
Great staff and fun environment. Growing community and business opportunities. Beautiful location with the many resources in the region. Working at Stz’uminus is great , fun, and rewarding.
Pros
Great vacation and culturally driven environment.
Cons
Community sometimes unappreciative of work
There was no appreciation of the work and hard work given to make changes required by chief and council. Loved working with staff and band members that visited the office.
Started my day opening unlocking the health center getting coffee made. Answering phones, waiting on Doctor when he came for appointments every Wednesday always helped with his patients. Helped the dentist when he had appointments every Friday also helped with his patients. Always checked mail every day. Picked up supplies from main office when needed. Loved this job the most we were family in this job.
Pros
Wasn't far from home :)
Cons
ended was only temporary
Prepare workshops for clients in:
Life skills, Elders teachings, Public speaking, training in First Aid, Food safe and customer service.

Management was great very supportive and co-workers were great.

The hardest part of the job was recruiting clients to take advantage of the workshops. My most enjoyable part of the job was seeing clients advance in work opportunity or going back to school.
Myself and my co workers were often outside with the kids. Keeping them occupied with sports and other activities. We were worked well as a team and were able to come up with a variety of different activities that everyone was satisfied with.
I learned a lot working here. Like I was able to get the whole experience with working with kids. Working as a team with my co workers, handling conflict in the workplace, and taking different workshops that were able to prepare me for this work.

The hardest part was starting out, because I wasn't sure what to expect, it was one of my very first experience with a job. In the end of the summer, it turned out to be very successful.

It was definitely a job worth having and I would enjoy this type of working. Working well with others is one of my strongest qualifications.
Pros
Working with kids, and outside.
Cons
was a short summer program.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Stz'uminus First Nation?