STV Employee Reviews

Métier trés agréable mais aussi trés prenant.
Responsable technique (Former Employee) –  Saint-Gilles-les Hauts (RE)3 September 2018
Une très bonne expérience mais vie de famille trop négligé
Pros
Téléphone gratuit
Cons
Créneaux horaire trop compliqué.
Engineering Specialist
Engineering Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL23 July 2018
Learned how to design complex structures for the railroad. Has good job security since they work so closely with railroad companies. Work life balance is great.
Great work-life balance, but not company-wide
Proposal/Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woodlawn, MD23 July 2018
I love working for my group. My work schedule is super flexible and my supervisor is so understanding. As long as my job is done well and responsibilities are fulfilled, I am granted an ample amount of freedom.

I recognize however that this is not the standard company-wide and that there are some departments and leaders that are much more stringent. This may be why many valuable people are pushed out. Not every manager practices empathy and values work-life balance. Overall, I enjoy my job.
Para mi una buena empresa
Jardinero (Former Employee) –  Murcia, Murcia provincia2 July 2018
Entre en la empresa como prácticas y la verdad que la relación entre compañeros es muy buena y cordial crean un buen ambiente y trasmiten tranquilidad
Pros
Solo es de Mañanas
Cons
Que hay que ir algun sabada
Structured Workplace
Architect Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NY13 June 2018
Very structured workalike, but this is required in a company with so many departments and handling mega projects in construction and architecture. Good mentorship provided for new recruits.
Pros
Free lunches and training
Top Down Management
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD16 May 2018
Depending on which office you work in there is zero room for advancement/growth. It appears that management prefers to hire from outside rather than promote from within. Zero loyalty to good workers.
Bad top management
Senior Supervising Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CA19 April 2018
The main problem with the company, especially in the West, is that top management does not really about the employees but to make money at any cost, or try to make some money on contracts that were taken at low remuneration in order to win them, since many times they cannot win jobs based on expertise and competence.
Pros
Friendly colleagues, nice office
Cons
Upper management policies to recoup poorly signed contracts from a financial point of view, almost no advancement at all.
Demonstrated an ability to communicate with integrity to build trust and support others. Exhibits self-awareness to adapt behavior in order to conne
Administrative Assistant/Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NY9 April 2018
Very Challenging and fast paced.
Learnt to take responsibility to gain results.
Constantly demonstrated leadership to meet proposal deadlines
Hardest part of this position was not gaining cooperation
Most enjoyable part of this job - met the deadline of a proposal and won the contract.
Work Environment
Electrical/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NY3 April 2018
Very good and Professional Library to support Projects investigation as well as good and ready to help Professional in all areas.
You can develop any field in your career, from Design to Construction Management the choice is yours to position yourself inside the Company.
Pros
Professional Development
Buen ambiente
Peón agrícola (Former Employee) –  Murcia capital, Murcia25 March 2018
Aprendi muchas cosas. Lo que más me gusto fue el buen ambiente que encontré.
Intern Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NY16 March 2018
STV was a great company to see what it was like to work in the field of architecture. Being an intern at STV was something that I needed at that time in my life. I got to work here through a different program that matched me with skills that I had obtained during my high school years.
Superb work culture, Excellent Team
Architectural Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NY16 March 2018
Good job for people who like to maintain a good work life balance.
Great place to work. There are a tremendous amount of good, kind-hearted people at STV. I have excellent coworkers and the company provides a rich medical insurance plan.
Empresa voltada para o crescimento
lider de equipe (Former Employee) –  Porto Alegre, RS15 March 2018
Empresa de grande porte focada no crescimento.
Desenvolvimento individual de funcionarios.
Reconhecimento por meritocracia..
Excellent staff - Organized, responsible, productive.
Area Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD20 February 2018
1st rate company. Fully enjoyed my tenure. I have worked for many consulting firms and STV is the best, by far. They great care to create a working environment that seeks to ensure that the employees are eager and willing to put their best effort toward continuing the success of the company.
Pros
Excellent benefits, friendly personnel, cooperative atmosphere
Cons
Can't think of any
Very good work place
Instrumental Control Designer (Former Employee) –  Douglassville, PA31 January 2018
A very good company to work at. People where very friendly and the office atmosphere is a very positive work place. Compensation was adequate and reasonable.
Productive, detail oriented, educational
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  225 Park Avenue South24 January 2018
Engineering firm with 35+/- offices in the US. Shared projects across offices. Transportation, Infrastructure, Architecture, Buildings, Facilities Construction and other divisions.
Pros
Various projects to work on, Wonderful Support Staff, Continuing Education Resources
Cons
hills (overflow of work), valleys ( lull in available work) for engineering staff primarily
Boas todas as empresas
Instalador e Líder de equipe (Former Employee) –  Caxias do Sul, RS15 December 2017
Muito boas as empresas para trabalhar e parte de crescimento.
OK place to work
Building Envelope Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA5 December 2017
I and two others were hired at STV as a part-time Building Envelope Consultants to form, along with two full-time Architects, the Building Envelope Department in the Boston office by a newly-hired VP.

Unfortunately, the type of clients we were allowed to pursue was restricted by company policy so we couldn't go after private work. The result of that was the department mostly dissolving when most of us, including the Architects and VP, were laid off.

In general, it's a big company and acts like it, for both better and worse. You do wonder sometimes about who rose to top positions and why, but you get that in big companies.

My job was only part-time and on a different floor than the main local office, so my observations are somewhat limited.
Pros
Some big, interesting projects
Cons
Part-time work
all is helpfull
Civil Engineer (Current Employee) –  any where country4 December 2017
I will best level to delivered consultation. I truth ful hard working success in the jobs.and communities is very realted with a jobs. so could down and helpful for working.
Pros
free tention. refresh mind
Cons
other works
workplace
ARCH. Designer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA22 November 2017
It was a company that got transport and maintenance projects, both trains, buse, metro lines. I had national and international projects. I had all the disciplines within the company and there were many people prepared in their areas of work. It had offices in different states of the union.
After the ruble of low transportation, they postulated to several education projects, like high schools to remodel, of those that work in 3
Pros
Good project
Cons
When runs out of projects

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STV. Our community is ready to answer.