STV Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO14 January 2019
There is no work in the Denver office. They appear to be trying to hire people that will bring the clients with them but lack quality people to produce the work. 3 people have moved on in the last month. Less than half of the cubicles are occupied. The hanger-ons from the former company GWD are very noninclusive. If you are nonbillable (most are) you are encouraged to contact clients you have previously worked with to bring in work. They promised training and mentoring, didn’t provide it and told me to learn on my own time. “Put some skin in the game” was the way they put it.
Pros
Golden handcuffs, you can watch TV while you work. Totally acceptable
Cons
No work, people do less than quality work, very few clients
They want to be big boys, but are not
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA1 January 2019
Body shop, if you are not job chargeable, you are gone before you can clean out your desk. On the other hand, because they are so loose, there are no procedures or policies about how you do your work and you can execute as you see fit.
Pros
Severance pay
Cons
Management that has no idea who you are.
Productive and flexibility of working hours
Engineering Specialist (Consulting Engineer) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA19 November 2018
All project managers that i had to work with were the best and did not have any issue. All STV engineers are usually hired through main engineering director who never failed in hiring. Every coworkers are trust worth it.
Great work-life balance, but not company-wide
Proposal/Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woodlawn, MD23 July 2018
I love working for my group. My work schedule is super flexible and my supervisor is so understanding. As long as my job is done well and responsibilities are fulfilled, I am granted an ample amount of freedom.

I recognize however that this is not the standard company-wide and that there are some departments and leaders that are much more stringent. This may be why many valuable people are pushed out. Not every manager practices empathy and values work-life balance. Overall, I enjoy my job.
Efficiency at work.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA8 December 2018
Efficiency at work.

Review work load, prepare responses, review drawings, specifications, contract, schedules.
Try to solve disputes.
Pay on time.
Look at the schedule, see where the project is why? on target or falling behind?
Empresa muito prestativa e agradável de trabalhar
Segurança e Transporte de Valores Ltda (Former Employee) –  Caxias do Sul, RS15 November 2018
Gostei muito de ser recebido com braços abertos pela empresa STV e gostaria de ter uma outra oportunidade de trabalhar com essa grande empresa!
Great Working Place
Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJ12 January 2019
I've had nothing but positive experiences at STV. The one thing I wish I could experiences is working on a HUGE eloborate project. I think STV focuses more on "safe" projects.
Empresa agradável de se trabalhar, com oportunidade de treinamentos e promoções.
Auxiliar de Recrutamento. (Former Employee) –  Porto Alegre, RS15 January 2019
Realizava atendimento a Recepção e aos candidatos; auxiliava as Recrutadoras com a triagem de currículos e Seleção de Candidatos com base em seleção por competências; realizava entrevista de desligamento; Participava da conferência de documentação, agendamento de exame admissional e DP com a Recrutadora; Controlava o arquivo de fichas cadastro e o controle e pedido de material de escritório e limpeza.
Iniciei como Auxiliar Administrativo, com funções de Recepcionista e em menos de um ano iniciei no cargo de Auxiliar de Recrutamento. Auxiliava as recrutadoras em todas as etapas, não praticando somente a entrevista.
A empresa nos fornecia treinamento internos e palestras e participação de lucros mensal, valores eram estipulados trimestralmente pela Gestora com base em avaliações de cada colaboradora do setor, entre Auxiliar, Recrutadoras e Psicóloga. Vale alimentação, refeição e vale combustível também eram fornecidos pela empresa e Auxilio faculdade após seis meses de empresa.
Bad top management
Senior Supervising Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CA19 April 2018
The main problem with the company, especially in the West, is that top management does not really about the employees but to make money at any cost, or try to make some money on contracts that were taken at low remuneration in order to win them, since many times they cannot win jobs based on expertise and competence.
Pros
Friendly colleagues, nice office
Cons
Upper management policies to recoup poorly signed contracts from a financial point of view, almost no advancement at all.
Demonstrated an ability to communicate with integrity to build trust and support others. Exhibits self-awareness to adapt behavior in order to conne
Administrative Assistant/Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NY9 April 2018
Very Challenging and fast paced.
Learnt to take responsibility to gain results.
Constantly demonstrated leadership to meet proposal deadlines
Hardest part of this position was not gaining cooperation
Most enjoyable part of this job - met the deadline of a proposal and won the contract.
Pipelines, roads and building
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Douglassville, PA30 June 2018
STV designed the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC. The roadway design group needed to relocate pipelines and other utilities. The oil and gas pipelines carry fuel across the United States under DOT rules.
Métier trés agréable mais aussi trés prenant.
Responsable technique (Former Employee) –  Saint-Gilles-les Hauts (RE)3 September 2018
Une très bonne expérience mais vie de famille trop négligé
Pros
Téléphone gratuit
Cons
Créneaux horaire trop compliqué.
Engineering Specialist
Engineering Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL23 July 2018
Learned how to design complex structures for the railroad. Has good job security since they work so closely with railroad companies. Work life balance is great.
Structured Workplace
Architect Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NY13 June 2018
Very structured workalike, but this is required in a company with so many departments and handling mega projects in construction and architecture. Good mentorship provided for new recruits.
Pros
Free lunches and training
Para mi una buena empresa
Jardinero (Former Employee) –  Murcia, Murcia provincia2 July 2018
Entre en la empresa como prácticas y la verdad que la relación entre compañeros es muy buena y cordial crean un buen ambiente y trasmiten tranquilidad
Pros
Solo es de Mañanas
Cons
Que hay que ir algun sabada
Boa
Porteiro (Former Employee) –  Porto Alegre, RS21 November 2018
Empresa cumpre com salários, mas as vezes atrasa um pouco
Pros
Salário é o base da categoria
Cons
Um pouco de atraso
Work Environment
Electrical/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NY3 April 2018
Very good and Professional Library to support Projects investigation as well as good and ready to help Professional in all areas.
You can develop any field in your career, from Design to Construction Management the choice is yours to position yourself inside the Company.
Pros
Professional Development
Cons
Excellent staff - Organized, responsible, productive.
Area Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD20 February 2018
1st rate company. Fully enjoyed my tenure. I have worked for many consulting firms and STV is the best, by far. They great care to create a working environment that seeks to ensure that the employees are eager and willing to put their best effort toward continuing the success of the company.
Pros
Excellent benefits, friendly personnel, cooperative atmosphere
Cons
Can't think of any
Top Down Management
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD16 May 2018
Depending on which office you work in there is zero room for advancement/growth. It appears that management prefers to hire from outside rather than promote from within. Zero loyalty to good workers.
Intern Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NY16 March 2018
STV was a great company to see what it was like to work in the field of architecture. Being an intern at STV was something that I needed at that time in my life. I got to work here through a different program that matched me with skills that I had obtained during my high school years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STV. Our community is ready to answer.