Sturgeon County logo
Sturgeon County

Sturgeon County Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Great people except some micro management issues overall a good place to work.Good benefits and they have a pension plan.A little tough to get foot in door unless you know or are related to someone.

Positive Culture

I was continually impressed by the positive corporate culture. Co-workers were happy to assist in other areas and for projects other than their own. People genuinely seemed happy to work here and there was seldom the type of complaining that is so often seen in many workplaces - especially government workplaces. Pay and benefits were comparable to other government jobs, and higher than most private sector jobs.

Great Place to Work

Sturgeon County offers a variety of different job opportunities including Roads, Drainage, HR, Engineering, Planning and Development, Community Services and anything else you can think of!

overall is a good place to work

I very much enjoyed my years worked for Sturgeon County. I was able to acquire a lot of experience performing different tasks. They afforded me the opportunity for advancement. Due to cutbacks,they were not able to offer my previous position.

Pros

offered advancement opportunities

Cons

no complaints

Good work place with a crooked owner

Great guys working here but owner is into shady business and has no respect or care for his employees. However life is well respected here and the people make you feel welcome

Pros

Good work-life balance, Always something to do

Cons

Boss does not care about employees.

Great team

The people I work with in the Transportation Department are very much a family and everyone feels very connected. The atmosphere is very collaberative and I enjoy working with this team.

Pros

Lots of group lunches

Cons

It's a temporary position

Work day

You are treated nice till you get hurt, they turn there back on you and treat you like an outsider. Not a life time commitment job, you get hurt and they move on.

Pros

Good benifits

Cons

They don't care about others

Predictive work place

I've have been giving many opportunities to grow as a worker and as a person, which benefited me from this company. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with great co-workers.

Pros

Great supervisour

Cons

Slow work

Productive and fun workplace

I was Labour, on call in truck Worked at sherritt as contractor for McSween in the scaffolding yard. Helped scaffolders erect and dismantle scaffolding

Lack of Business Planning leads to zero organization for project based work

Don't join the Business side of Sturgeon County. They've grown too fast and have not implemented the practices they expect management to follow. I was hired as a BA, and brought into a mess of a situation where I was supposed to be a PM, a procurement officer (where no processes were in place), tester, trainer, quality assurance, change management, etc. Which would be better if the SMEs and project sponsors understood PMI practices.

Pros

Cons

theft, and use of profanity

Jobs at Sturgeon County

See more jobs

Fun workplace

The management is great here, my manager is very flexible and will always try to accommodate your schedule. My coworkers are all very friendly.

Pros

If there is extra food after tournaments, you can eat it

Cons

Kitchen gets hot

Relaxed and Enjoyable Atmosphere Conducive to Learning

I quite enjoy working for Sturgeon County. The hours are great, and the work isn't overly difficult. The work comes in waves, as it is mostly reported by civilians. It is nice to have a surprise every day you go to work, never knowing what awaits you. Some days you work very hard, some not so much. They are understanding, but you are not babied. You must be able to take care of yourself and follow safety policy without someone nagging you along all the time. The atmosphere is great, I have gotten along well with almost everyone, and have made several good friends outside work. The work demographic is young, and is suited for mature, independent individuals. There is plenty of opportunity to learn and move up the job ladder. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a fantastic job that pays very well, seasonal or permanent. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting up at a restaurant or bar after work. The hardest part was repairing bridges, as it uses a fair amount of muscle, and it's normally really hot out at that time of the year.

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere

Cons

Farmer's tan

Very good company

It was a very good company to work for but was only seasonal.It was fun driving the paker.I still would be working there if I wasnt involved in a motor vehicle accident on the way to the job site.

Pros

Free lunch on speciall occasions

Cons

Bosses used to yelland scream to much.

job

work independently running grader Monday to FridayI have some great co-workersThe hardest part of my job is being able to complete an area at the end of the day because they don't want you to work over your hours.

Pros

close to home

Cons

not enough hours

It was enjoyable working with the clients but the coordinator was not qualified.

We worked independently with clients. I enjoyed the clients but there was definitely a lack of them. You only got paid once all of the sessions with the clients were completed so that could mean every two months or possibly more.There was good training but not enough money coming in on a regular basis.

Pros

good training

Cons

not enough work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sturgeon County. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement