Sturgeon County

Sturgeon County Employee Reviews

Great people except some micro management issues overall a good place to work.Good benefits and they have a pension plan.A little tough to get foot in door unless you know or are related to someone.
I was continually impressed by the positive corporate culture. Co-workers were happy to assist in other areas and for projects other than their own. People genuinely seemed happy to work here and there was seldom the type of complaining that is so often seen in many workplaces - especially government workplaces. Pay and benefits were comparable to other government jobs, and higher than most private sector jobs.
Sturgeon County offers a variety of different job opportunities including Roads, Drainage, HR, Engineering, Planning and Development, Community Services and anything else you can think of!
I very much enjoyed my years worked for Sturgeon County. I was able to acquire a lot of experience performing different tasks. They afforded me the opportunity for advancement. Due to cutbacks,they were not able to offer my previous position.
Pros
offered advancement opportunities
Cons
no complaints
Great guys working here but owner is into shady business and has no respect or care for his employees. However life is well respected here and the people make you feel welcome
Pros
Good work-life balance, Always something to do
Cons
Boss does not care about employees.
The people I work with in the Transportation Department are very much a family and everyone feels very connected. The atmosphere is very collaberative and I enjoy working with this team.
Pros
Lots of group lunches
Cons
It's a temporary position
You are treated nice till you get hurt, they turn there back on you and treat you like an outsider. Not a life time commitment job, you get hurt and they move on.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
They don't care about others
I've have been giving many opportunities to grow as a worker and as a person, which benefited me from this company. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with great co-workers.
Pros
Great supervisour
Cons
Slow work
I was Labour, on call in truck Worked at sherritt as contractor for McSween in the scaffolding yard. Helped scaffolders erect and dismantle scaffolding
Don't join the Business side of Sturgeon County. They've grown too fast and have not implemented the practices they expect management to follow. I was hired as a BA, and brought into a mess of a situation where I was supposed to be a PM, a procurement officer (where no processes were in place), tester, trainer, quality assurance, change management, etc. Which would be better if the SMEs and project sponsors understood PMI practices.
Pros
Cons
theft, and use of profanity
The management is great here, my manager is very flexible and will always try to accommodate your schedule. My coworkers are all very friendly.
Pros
If there is extra food after tournaments, you can eat it
Cons
Kitchen gets hot
I quite enjoy working for Sturgeon County. The hours are great, and the work isn't overly difficult. The work comes in waves, as it is mostly reported by civilians. It is nice to have a surprise every day you go to work, never knowing what awaits you. Some days you work very hard, some not so much. They are understanding, but you are not babied. You must be able to take care of yourself and follow safety policy without someone nagging you along all the time. The atmosphere is great, I have gotten along well with almost everyone, and have made several good friends outside work. The work demographic is young, and is suited for mature, independent individuals. There is plenty of opportunity to learn and move up the job ladder. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a fantastic job that pays very well, seasonal or permanent. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting up at a restaurant or bar after work. The hardest part was repairing bridges, as it uses a fair amount of muscle, and it's normally really hot out at that time of the year.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Farmer's tan
It was a very good company to work for but was only seasonal.It was fun driving the paker.I still would be working there if I wasnt involved in a motor vehicle accident on the way to the job site.
Pros
Free lunch on speciall occasions
Cons
Bosses used to yelland scream to much.
work independently running grader Monday to FridayI have some great co-workersThe hardest part of my job is being able to complete an area at the end of the day because they don't want you to work over your hours.
Pros
close to home
Cons
not enough hours
We worked independently with clients. I enjoyed the clients but there was definitely a lack of them. You only got paid once all of the sessions with the clients were completed so that could mean every two months or possibly more.There was good training but not enough money coming in on a regular basis.
Pros
good training
Cons
not enough work.
  1. Employee reviews