Study.com

2.4Pay & benefits

Insights into Study.com

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Easy and interesting side-gig, but pay was very low.

I signed on to work with Study.com while between full-time jobs. It was an easy and interesting way to make a little bit of extra money while also sharing my knowledge of literature. The online platform for finding and booking work was easy to use, and the reviews and feedback from the editors were polite and helpful. Some days there would be an endless supply of questions I could answer; other days, it was hard to find questions related to my area of expertise, especially given that "literature" is such a broad topic. Overall, this could not be a full-time job given that you were making around $2.50 USD per question, and your responses needed to be professional, accurate, and well-edited, which takes time. That said, was it something fun to do in the evenings to make some extra cash? Yes.

Pros

Flexible - work from home; work at any time; no minimum hours of work per day.

Cons

Inconsistent availability of work; very low pay per question.

Good work place to give and accept knowledge.

It was a life time opportunity to work at study.com. I worked as a Consultant, but I also learned lot of new things in the process. Thanks study.com team.

Work is enjoyable but undervalued

The work is very enjoyable and helping students is great but the amount of work required for the level of pay is ridiculous. It basically adds up to $5/hour if you provide an excellent answer for the student.

Pros

Work hours are self determined

Cons

Low pay does not incentivize good answers

Good as a "Side Gig"

Lets you pick which questions you want to answer. As many or as little as you want. In any subject area you want. Staff reviewers are helpful and friendly.

Eh

You work on your own time which is nice, but it's really only a job to add to your resume, not a job that you can live off of. I'm paid 1USD per answer I submit which is nothing here in the west, but I can understand that this position is beneficial for a student in developing parts of the world where 1USD can go a lot further. Even so, the amount of research and time that I must take in order to answer questions on literature is not worth the 1USD. Regardless, I enjoy doing it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Study.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement