Student Works Employee Review

View all Student Works reviews

Amazing Opportunity for Growth
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON31 January 2019
Through this program, I have learned how to sell a product, manage properly, and recruit effectively. My first year was one of the toughest experiences I have ever gone through and I came out of that year a changed person. I did, of course, return for my second year with significantly higher goals than the previous year and much more confidence. Learning how to run a business through Student Works will prepare you for any professional career more than maybe any other job could. I have gained invaluable experience, knowledge, and friendships through this program and I would not be the same without it. The network of immediate operators in the program and the extended network of amazingly successful alumni will both push you and pull you to becoming the best person that you can be. Because of what this program has done for them, you will find that this whole network is more than willing to volunteer their own time to help others in the program. Additionally, it will likely be one of the most fun summers of your life: Student Works' motto is "Work Hard, Play Hard".

There are of course negatives to the program, as there are in any positions, but to be completely honest if you are the right person for the position, they aren't negatives, it's actually something you'll be drawn to. These negatives are: you will work harder than you EVER have before, things will go wrong that will likely stress you out, and there is no guarantee of success, you have to work for it.

Ultimately, I would not be the same person without going through this program and my belief as to what is possible
  more... for my life would be a fraction of what it is today. If the negatives don't scare you and instead pull you forward, I would HIGHLY recommend this position.  less
Pros
Network, Good Training, Changed mindset, Good Atmosphere, Large Opportunities for Growth
Cons
Long hours, hard work, no guarantee of success

Other Student Works Employee Reviews

Red Deer area is run well
Marketer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 May 2019
Really great attitude from the manager, easy environment, good part-time work. I worked door to door so I can't say much to a work environment, most of it was solo.
Great Company
Painter (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 May 2019
Friendly, hard working crew. They are very diligent in meeting all requirements of the client, and do an excellent job setting up and cleaning, so the client can be assured that their space is taken care of and looking great when they come home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Student Works. Our community is ready to answer.