Student Works Employee Review

View all Student Works reviews

Hard workers only
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 July 2019
This job is for people that are obsessed with working. You are able to make a ton of money but you have to be opened to being coached, investing time and money, to go marketing (Door to Door), to do estimates (sales) , and to manage!

Benefits: If you go all in you will make a hole lot of money! You'll get so many skills! This will make you stand out from every other graduate! This will help you run a bigger business!
Pros
Life skills, life changing experience
Cons
Expensive, long hours, challenges from managing bad employees

Other Student Works Employee Reviews

Hard work pays off
Franchisee Owner (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 August 2019
I had the benefit of running a Student Works Painting franchise throughout my entire time in University. One of the most life changing experiences by far. It was definitely a ton of hard work at times but the challenges and issues I had to deal with helped shape me into the person I am today. If it were easy, it wouldn't be worth doing. The support I had from my district manager and other franchisees was amazing and I was fully trained to learn every detail that I needed to succeed. I made an incredible amount of money for a young individual and upon graduation I had purchased my first home and a new car.

After graduating I had the opportunity to become a district manager and was challenged even more. I had to now teach and mentor students to run the same business that I had for so many years. It was great to see so many people grown and develop over such a short period of time. I can't say enough great things about this company and hope that all young, ambitious, and out going students take on the challenge!
Pros
Ridiculous pay, great training, personal development, awesome culture, free trip to Mexico
Cons
Need a bit of money to invest in yourself, long hours if disorganized, making so much money in a short period of time makes you not value money as much
Franchise owner - 4 years
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  North Delta, BC22 August 2019
I have spent the previous four summers running a franchise with Student Works Painting and have loved every minute of it.

Although this job is challenging at times it teaches you so much about yourself and how to properly conduct yourself in the business world. I cannot recommend this opportunity enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Student Works. Our community is ready to answer.