Student Works Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Lacking Organizational Skills
Window and Eaves Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2019
Worked at this company and took forever just to receive my one paycheck. Management overall was lacking any organizational skills. A small company utilizing University and College students.
Unsatisfied and unorganized workplace
Painter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2018
My colleagues were fantastic but overall, not the best experience or management I've received before. I sat around waiting a lot in the morning due to my boss consistently running an hour late daily and with the equipment I needed to to complete my duties. Pay was not always accurate and was being distributed wrongfully when I was first hired. Before I took this job I enjoyed painting until the workload was distributed unequally and some colleagues were favored over others.
When it came to questions they were never fully resolved or answered even after perusing and emailing management. It was also not a very steady summer job as I anticipated to keep it from May to August, unfortunately my boss had a conflict which resulted them being gone for a week or two but I was never informed of their return leaving me without a job since July. Therefore my experience was not great and I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to students who are expecting to pay off school. Even though you are promised a certain salary, it is doubtful that you will receive it.
Pros
Job for the Summer
Cons
Long hours, hit or miss with management, weather conditions
Not Worth It
Painter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2018
I worked at Student Works Painting for all of 2 weeks before being fired due to my "lack of enthusiasm towards painting." I'd argue it was because I wasn't getting paid my hours and I spoke up about it that my manager decided to let me go.
The job itself was long hours with barely any training beforehand and you were expected to work overtime with no pay if the job wasn't making good time.
Overall I do not recommend.
Pros
Sometimes my manager bought us lunch
Cons
Bad pay, no training, no overtime pay
Great work experience!
Marketer and Student Contractor, Painting Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2018
Great teamwork and always busy with jobs to do. Really fun way to spend the summer and develop some practical skills in marketing and managing your time.
Pros
Great teamwork
Trampoline into your future success
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2017
Student Works Painting will teach you both how to work hard and be successful and who you are in the world. The position puts immense stress on you and it will challenge you. When you come out the other side you will be a changed person. You will be able to tackle your biggest challenges and be who you want to be. Work with student works if you are committed to yourself.
good opportunity
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2014
great chance for students to run their own business.
long days, 8-10
strong management
predominantly worked with a manager and with your own team.
producing was the hardest part of the job
Sales were the most enjoyable part