Student Works Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Not great.
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2018
Estimates for how much I made per house were very very low, I worked 40 hours between mon tues wed thurs in my first week (with a 4 hour shift on friday) and only made my wage for 24 of those hours.
unreliable hours and let go with a month of summer left due to poor franchisee
Labourer (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 August 2017
I worked nights for over a month and did not receive the same pay as my male employees. I was laid off with a month left of summer with no notice to find other employment or valid reason for loosing my job. The hours were unreliable and a group of guys hired much later in the summer were given the last few weeks of work over my crew mate and I who had stuck it out for months before. Overall a negative experience and would hate to see another young student get robbed of a reliable summer income.
Disorganized
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 June 2017
Managers are very positive and supportive students but inexperienced. Results in a chaotic and disorganized work environment . The wage is definitely not worth it.
Robbed
Painter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 February 2017
Was assured that even in piece work I would at the very minimum be paid for my hours. By the end of the summer I had worked over 500 hours that I was not paid for.
Difficult, but rewarding.
Franchisee/Owner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2013
A typical day would be getting up around 7AM and checking on my crews and clients. During the day, I will marketing around the neighborhoods. Lastly, before the end of the day, I will close down the sites and inform the clients about the work in progress.
I learned skills such as marketing, sales, and payrolls.
The hardest part of the job was continuously booking jobs and constantly working. However, it was all worth it because the skills I learned are skills I can use in the future.
Pros
new experience
Cons