Student Transportation of Canada Employee Reviews

I love this job
School bus driver (Current Employee) –  Smithville, ON30 January 2018
This job is a lot of fun! the kids are awesome and the company is great to work for. I have never been so happy to wake up early to go to work! highly recommend working for this company. They always keep us in the loop with whats going on within the company. rewards at the end of the month for perfect attendance and a bonus at the start up of the next school year for perfect attendance for the entire previous school year.
Pros
great buses and people
Cons
low wages for responsibility we have as drivers.
Good employment
Working Foreman (Former Employee) –  Sutton, ON18 October 2017
An excellent company to work for.
Good team spirit.
A typical day consisted of maintaining over 80 busses.
Hardest part of the job was morning start up during winter months.
Exceptional People, Exceptional Training
driver (Current Employee) –  Smithville, ON28 September 2017
School bus driving is not for everyone. You split up your day and the pay could be better. What makes you want to work for STC is the great people in the office and the great training you receive. The people are caring, fun and friendly. If you want more work you sign up for charter runs like driving sports teams and school outings. There is also some private functions that use a school bus.

Overall I would recommend this work for anyone who is looking for some extra money. Tell them Jan sent you!
Pros
friendly and supportivve
Cons
Cash
Rewarding and fun
School bus driver (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 September 2017
After 6 years, working for Elgie Bus Lines in the London area, I still look forward to going to work each day. I have met a lot of different people that are fun to be around, meet new challenges regularly, and love the children.

Driving a school bus is a very rewarding career. Perfect for the housewife that wants some extra spending money, semi and retired people that want something to do each day, or if you just love children.

The children are what makes the job the most fun. As the old saying goes, "Out of the mouths of babes". You never know what little secrets they want to share with their bus drivers. Yes, there are challenges but well worth the effort.

Love my job and hope to be a part of Elgie Bus Lines for many more years.
Pros
Short hours with opportunity for more. The joy of being a small part of many children's lives.
Cons
Can't think of any Cons.
Great staff
Bus monitor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON2 November 2016
The staff are friendly and helpful. Monthly meetings keep you up to date and informed. It`s Monday to Friday, with no weekend hours. The downside is that it`s part time hours. It`s local
Pros
No commute
Cons
Not enough hours
Great job and great people
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON15 September 2014
I enjoy working for Student Transportation of Canada as a school bus driver. Seeing the little smiles from all the kids really makes my day.
Very Busy Workplace with lots to do. I do enjoy the industry
Area Manager of Safety & Training (Current Employee) –  Breslau, ON27 November 2013
Like the industry but the workload is excessive . I have learned alot and feel that I am now ready to step up elsewhere.
Pros
Good Boss
Cons
Long Hours, Wage is low
The look back at working for company
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Breslau, ON15 May 2013
The typical day is starting out early in the morning and then having a break until the afternoon run, unless your doing charters between runs. Management doesn't stand behind employees and their is a HIGH turn over within the company from Dispatch to Driver and other area within the company. Co worker are so, so and there not much interaction between drivers and other employees. The part I enjoyed the most was the interactions with the students and other passenger who rode the bus.
Pros
Great Passengers
Cons
Long hours, for little or no money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Student Transportation of Canada. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3