Stubbe's

Stubbe's Employee Reviews

Days were long but people were great some management was good some was bad, no wifi, difficult to maintain a work life balance especially when commuting from far
Management has no idea how to treat or manage employees.Do not take a position if you are a woman. You are treated as lower class citizens. Devout Dutch Mennonites. Women are lower class.Management screams at you and constantly sets you up for failure. The back stabbing is unreal. Never bring up concerns to management or you will be fired without reason.
Pros
Cons
Discrimination
Some managers didn’t no how to be managers, Didn’t treat there workers right, One manager In particular would sometimes call some of the workers names, They didn’t care about some of our safety concerns and so on...
They are a company that is run by family members they talk a good game but will use and abuse their employees any way they can. Also never reveal your religion because they are devout meniniotes
Fun place to work with good management, the downside is the location and the travel time
The management is well delegated and you know what your task is. This company has a very personal feel and you will get to know many of the people who work here.
Pros
Boot and Clothing Program (yearly allowance)
Cons
Heavy Physical Work
long hours and a good honest days work, Employess were friendly and management was very open and understanding, Enjoyed the installation division, shift rotation in the factory was not my thing
Great work , physically amazing you will get into shape in no time, awesome hours, lots of overtime the wage is good too for the style of work, get ready for good days
Pros
hours
Cons
physical
As a wetcast general laborer you start the day stripping the wood off of the previous days poured panels and lift them off the bed to start setting up wooden forms for that days pour. You are required to install chamfer and reveal strips then oil the sides of the form and bottom of the bed. a rebar cage is then lifted into the form and various inserts and/or plates are installed. after half the bed is set up you can start pouring. some workers are required to stay and trowel the concrete while the rest of the crew cleans up. The hours can be long when production is busy and really short at other times it didn't seem steady at all. the wages for a concrete related company are not competitive with other companies in the area. I liked most of the people I worked with and the part I enjoyed most about this job was stripping panels.
Pros
summer bbqs
Cons
hot in the summer and very long hours at times(13+)
Stubbes is a growing company that has a lot of potential for workers, regular meetings to update employees of new improvements and progress. great benefits
Pros
able to grow in the company
Cons
may favor people sometimes
As a Wet-Cast Laborer, we built all concrete columns, beams, and walls in house. We built up the forms with wood; to get the exact measurement given. Then rebar was added, to give strength. "Lift Clutch's" were then installed so the panel could be lifted and placed onto the truck. Concrete is poured into the panel and then shook into place. Ensuring no air bubbles or corners are left without concrete. After we used a "Screed" board to level and smooth out the surface. The panels are then given 12-16 hours to cure and harden. While I worked there I learned a great deal of safety, heavy machinery, teamwork, and hand held tool skills. I operated a large front-end loader, overhead crane and fork trucks of various sizes. The hardest part of the job would be the early start time and long days; but you were well rewarded. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the amount of skills I learned and the crew I worked with.
Pros
Great benefits, available over time
Cons
Cleanliness, Safety
A typical day starts at 5:00 or 6:00 depending on which department you are in . I myself start at 5:00 ,which is too early for my liking . I have learned how to operate machinery such as forklifts, gantry cranes, shunt trucks, and overhead cranes.The hardest part of the job is the physical exertion required to complete the task but the most enjoyable aspect would be the friendly people you get to work with.
Pros
decent wages, great people
Cons
early start and long days
- Decent working hours - Learned alot about the precast construction industry and helped me read building plans and construction drawings more easily.\ - Very tightly knit, everyone knows everyone and are always friendly - Hardest part of the job was the commute. - Most enjoyable part was easy to work with co-workers and everyone always being in a good mood or willing to help.
Stubbe’s Precast is growing and dynamically developing company that provides building solutions using concrete for commercial, industrial, residential and agricultural structures.
I worked as a Quality Control Technician at Stubbe's Precast. I have learned a lot during my four months of co-op. I get to work in my field and practice what I studied. Great work environment and friendly management. The only thing I didn't enjoy much about working there is that I had morning shifts from 4:00 am and I had to drive an hour to get to work.
Pros
Co-op experience
Cons
Morning hours
learned how to batch concrete very well managed dynamic group of people
i would not recomend working there, no regard for health and safety, and you better be prepared for 13+ hr days