Stubbe's Precast Employee Reviews

Managers care about the people working here
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Harley, ON3 April 2019
The management is well delegated and you know what your task is.
This company has a very personal feel and you will get to know many of the people who work here.
Pros
Boot and Clothing Program (yearly allowance)
Cons
Heavy Physical Work
Very honest good hard work
Precast Installer (Former Employee) –  Norwich, ON25 February 2019
long hours and a good honest days work, Employess were friendly and management was very open and understanding, Enjoyed the installation division, shift rotation in the factory was not my thing
hollowcore
Hollowcore (Current Employee) –  Harley, ON6 November 2018
Great work , physically amazing you will get into shape in no time, awesome hours, lots of overtime the wage is good too for the style of work, get ready for good days
Pros
hours
Cons
physical
not competetive wages and hard to advance in the company
Wetcast Labourer (Former Employee) –  Harley, ON22 April 2018
As a wetcast general laborer you start the day stripping the wood off of the previous days poured panels and lift them off the bed to start setting up wooden forms for that days pour. You are required to install chamfer and reveal strips then oil the sides of the form and bottom of the bed. a rebar cage is then lifted into the form and various inserts and/or plates are installed. after half the bed is set up you can start pouring. some workers are required to stay and trowel the concrete while the rest of the crew cleans up. The hours can be long when production is busy and really short at other times it didn't seem steady at all. the wages for a concrete related company are not competitive with other companies in the area. I liked most of the people I worked with and the part I enjoyed most about this job was stripping panels.
Pros
summer bbqs
Cons
hot in the summer and very long hours at times(13+)
Productive, Fast Paced Environment
Wetcast Concrete Production Laborer (Former Employee) –  Harley, ON3 August 2017
As a Wet-Cast Laborer, we built all concrete columns, beams, and walls in house. We built up the forms with wood; to get the exact measurement given. Then rebar was added, to give strength. "Lift Clutch's" were then installed so the panel could be lifted and placed onto the truck. Concrete is poured into the panel and then shook into place. Ensuring no air bubbles or corners are left without concrete. After we used a "Screed" board to level and smooth out the surface. The panels are then given 12-16 hours to cure and harden.
While I worked there I learned a great deal of safety, heavy machinery, teamwork, and hand held tool skills. I operated a large front-end loader, overhead crane and fork trucks of various sizes.
The hardest part of the job would be the early start time and long days; but you were well rewarded.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be the amount of skills I learned and the crew I worked with.
Pros
Great benefits, available over time
Cons
Cleanliness, Safety
Productive and everyone there is like a family
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Harley, ON7 February 2017
- Decent working hours
- Learned alot about the precast construction industry and helped me read building plans and construction drawings more easily.\
- Very tightly knit, everyone knows everyone and are always friendly
- Hardest part of the job was the commute.
- Most enjoyable part was easy to work with co-workers and everyone always being in a good mood or willing to help.
Result-oriented, focuced on continuous improvement
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harley, ON31 January 2017
Stubbe’s Precast is growing and dynamically developing company that provides building solutions using concrete for commercial, industrial, residential and agricultural structures.
Great and fun experience
Quality Control Technician 4 month Co-op (Former Employee) –  Harley, ON23 September 2016
I worked as a Quality Control Technician at Stubbe's Precast. I have learned a lot during my four months of co-op. I get to work in my field and practice what I studied. Great work environment and friendly management. The only thing I didn't enjoy much about working there is that I had morning shifts from 4:00 am and I had to drive an hour to get to work.
Pros
Co-op experience
Cons
Morning hours
welder
Welder/ Laborer (Former Employee) –  Harley, ON22 May 2012
i would not recomend working there, no regard for health and safety, and you better be prepared for 13+ hr days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stubbe's Precast. Our community is ready to answer.

Stubbe's Precast Reviews by Location