Stuart Olson

Stuart Olson Employee Reviews

The coworkers and managment were very knowledgeable and safety oriented. The work culture and environment were great. I enjoyed working with them and I would recommend working there to anyone.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Shortage of work
Due to the nature of small maintenance project like replacement for 2 E-houses that needs 3 months to complete the engineering phase of works are no room for mistakes. It should deliver the quality of works on time.
Pros
Small project and can be done in only few months
Cons
Long hours with less to no mistakes to finish on schedule
The culture at Stuartolson appears to be lacking. They laid-off several of their key players instead of allowing these players to find alternate roles. Management is also lacking, and there is no real room for growth or improvement. Not recommended.
I was let go because the VP was convinced by another employee that I was no longer effective so they could put their own person in my position. I was not respected by new VP.
Cons
Was good prior to 2013
it's a place full of new challenges , you are given opportunity to improve on your skills and good mentorship program for apprentice and new workers on site
I was given opportunities for advancement. Pay was decent. And for the most part they always tried to keep me working even when work was slow. Relaxed but efficient crews.
Good work enviromentment and good tradesmen to teach and work with. It was a long day from home 🏡 and the job site. Work conditions were very good 👍 and the learning process was very interesting to see how it all came together
They treat every equal They care about the safety first To me this company is the right one to work for. They take care of workers as their family
Great bunch of people to work for and with, they look after ur wellbeing first nd foremost everyday nd end of day. So I'd say they are a great company to work for nd with always made us be the better person tomorrow nd told us yesterday is in past so move forward w a better attitude nd positive mind
As in all companies, cliques exist within Stuart Olson; management was somewhat chaotic due to instability in the construction market. There are some really good people within the organization. Overall they are a good company to work with.
Company is well organized, travel schedules on time, flights were not a problem . No issues with paystubs. On sight instruction and orientation at the start of the job was well done.
Pros
Good benifit package
Cons
unabel to cover full travel costs
Organized company, respectful with workers very open supervision, safety deliberate, community orientated and quality determination, looking forward to qualified workers.
I worked at Stuart Olson for about two and half years. I would still be there but, the economy forced them to shut down the division I was working in. They did everything that said they going to do. Most people who work there are there 10 plus years. I would recommend them for sure. Just be aware that it is construction and if it's slow lay offs can happen. It's the nature of the industry.
Good knowledge of scope and tasks to be accomplished. Good communications. Would work for Stuart Olson again. Have recommended to fellow Pipefitters .
everyone is running around to get things done everyone says safety safety safety but when it all comes down to it if it gets in the way of production safety is bypassed
Best place I ever worked. Employees were great supervisors are top notch. I went through some personal problems the company helped me out tremendously.
Pros
Awesome employer
Cons
Worked with a variety of people on the site. Learned how to write a code of practice for workplace materials. Management was fun to work for/with. Cleaned up and extended their filing system.
Great place to work as long as you fit in with upper management. They talk a good game, but don't hold up on their end. Full of empty promises. Not enjoyable.
Enjoyed working with them wish they could've kept me working from superintendent to carpenters and laborers they are approachable and willing to help with communication
Pros
Treat you like you matt9
Cons
Couldn't keep me working at that time
Would go back to work for stuart Olson any day. They treat their employees well and the employees are all stand up people. Safety culture is outstanding
Management is losing sight of their people, they do not stay true to their mission statement. If you are a male working in the construction industry you will enjoy it here.
  1. Employee reviews