Stuart Olson

Stuart Olson Employee Reviews

Canada98 reviews
Good work enviromentment
Good work enviromentment and good tradesmen to teach and work with. It was a long day from home 🏡 and the job site. Work conditions were very good 👍 and the learning process was very interesting to see how it all came together
I like to work for Stuart olson
They treat every equal They care about the safety first
To me this company is the right one to work for. They take care of workers as their family
They treated us like how you should be treated going into a new woek area
Great bunch of people to work for and with, they look after ur wellbeing first nd foremost everyday nd end of day. So I'd say they are a great company to work for nd with always made us be the better person tomorrow nd told us yesterday is in past so move forward w a better attitude nd positive mind
Due to the nature of the business, don't expect job security. They are on par with other construction companies.
As in all companies, cliques exist within Stuart Olson; management was somewhat chaotic due to instability in the construction market. There are some really good people within the organization. Overall they are a good company to work with.
typical oil/gas maintenance complany
Company is well organized, travel schedules on time, flights were not a problem . No issues with paystubs. On sight instruction and orientation at the start of the job was well done.
Pros
Good benifit package
Cons
unabel to cover full travel costs
Very good place to work
Organized company, respectful with workers very open supervision, safety deliberate, community orientated and quality determination, looking forward to qualified workers.
I worked at Stuart Olson for about two and half years. I would still be there but, the economy forced them to shut down the division I was working in. They did everything that said they going to do. Most people who work there are there 10 plus years. I would recommend them for sure. Just be aware that it is construction and if it's slow lay offs can happen. It's the nature of the industry.
Great group of people
Good knowledge of scope and tasks to be accomplished.
Good communications. Would work for Stuart Olson again.

Have recommended to fellow Pipefitters .
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Stuart Olson?
fast paced
everyone is running around to get things done everyone says safety safety safety but when it all comes down to it if it gets in the way of production safety is bypassed
Best place I ever worked. Employees were great supervisors are top notch. I went through some personal problems the company helped me out tremendously.
Pros
Awesome employer
Cons
Great people to work with
Worked with a variety of people on the site. Learned how to write a code of practice for workplace materials. Management was fun to work for/with. Cleaned up and extended their filing system.
Don't follow through on promises
Great place to work as long as you fit in with upper management. They talk a good game, but don't hold up on their end. Full of empty promises. Not enjoyable.
Good company
Enjoyed working with them wish they could've kept me working from superintendent to carpenters and laborers they are approachable and willing to help with communication
Pros
Treat you like you matt9
Cons
Couldn't keep me working at that time
Great company
Would go back to work for stuart Olson any day. They treat their employees well and the employees are all stand up people. Safety culture is outstanding
Stuart Olson is okay
Management is losing sight of their people, they do not stay true to their mission statement. If you are a male working in the construction industry you will enjoy it here.
Not super
The skilled trades are completely ignored and there is very poor communication within the company between different affiliates. They can’t run a job without 60% management and then make the workers on the ground rush to get the job done, causing poor craftsmanship and a real disdain for the job. Unskilled workers on the ground that do nothing are treated like the company would fall apart without them
BIM/VDC Coordinator role for Stuartolson
I once held this role many years ago (8 of 9) and was paid over 120k per annum for this BIM role. Make certain that you don't ask for less. It is not a demanding role at all and the ppl are pleasant enough, but if you didn't know you might not ask for this much. Make certain that you are well paid at least at 140k per annum. Don't ask for less. Cheers, anon.
I was blind sided in thinking I was coming to a company where I could achieve advancement and growth.
I thought Stuart Olson was a company of integrity and professionalism and that i had the potential opportunity to achieve growth and sustainability within my position in this area. I have only been here for 3 short months to find out that the company has turned its back on our professional team of leaders here in the Southeast corner of Estevan. Unfortunately for our team, we will all have to relocate to new jobs. In today's economic crisis, this will not be an easy task for any of us here. I am very disappointed in this company and their decisions made. I only rate Management 5 stars pertaining to my manager here in Estevan. I am here until October 8th so that we as a team can fulfill our duties finishing our current work for the amazing oil companies we are working for including Vermilion, Crescent Point, Ridgeback, TransGas, Enerplus and TEML.
Pros
Excellent team in Estevan
Cons
I was happy working long hours, very very dissatisfied with the mere 3 months given to show our true potential as a team
Stuart Olson is all about the share holders
The share holders come first and foremost the employees are a distant second in importance and they are constantly trying to reinvent the wheel when it comes to safety and procedures! The work environment is stressful and not a pleasant place to work
Excellent balance between work and personal life
Plenty of team building lunch events such as lunches, auctions, volunteering opportunities within the community
The group is a welcoming bunch of individuals.
Great place to develop new skills and experience.
Great local culture amongst the working class hero's which populate this company. Many opportunities to learn new skills and hone practices. Management is struggling to adjust to changes in the Canadian economy. Innovation is a strong force from within, seeking to differentiate in a crowded and competitive market. Share price has fallen in recent years.