Stryker Employee Reviews

Found 25 reviews matching the search See all 1,236 reviews
Stryker
Manufacturing Engineer GDC/Matrix (Former Employee) –  Alberta3 April 2019
Working is a great company as Stryker was a great experience for me under the Neurovascular division. A typical day at work was tough and I filled relief each day a we saved life everyday. Management style was OK as we had our daily team meeting and weekly reporting to senior management on our metrics.
Great team spirit across the team and other functions with one goal. The hardest part of the job was during external audits, however, we succeeded in all our external audits with no major findings. The most enjoyable part is when we get the good results/feedback from our customers. Traveling for work abroad was also interesting as we met and learnt different culture and people.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
an hour break for the day
N/a
SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 February 2019
During my employment with Stryker, I have learned alot which helped me to grow. I enjoyed my work, however at the time of my employment there was a high turn over and it was very hard to get make friends.
Great company amazing benefits
Surgical Instrument Repair Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 January 2019
Amazing company. Just expect to be pushed hard mentally to both achieve the concepts and excel at your contract. Help is needed if you desire but expect them to make your situation seem like a walk in the park. If you work hard, they will pay good. If you wimp out, don't expect much.
Installation Technician
Installation technician (Current Employee) –  Canada18 November 2018
Great company to work for with strong culture.
The ability to govern your own work is extremely important in order to meet customer demands and timelines.
Customer service aspect is the most important factor which determines the understanding bond between engineering aspect of the job and specific customer demands.
solid company
Acting Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Cork5 August 2018
Overall a good company to work for. Very committed and friendly staff. Can be difficult to get work/life balance correct. However compared to other companies get honest.
Growing Company with good salary/benefits but poor culture
employee (Former Employee) –  Hamilton9 March 2018
Days are full of back to back meetings, which allows no time to actually execute on job requirements. No transparency of management, no useful feedback that can help you improve. Culture is aggressively competitive and highest marks are given to the most outspoken and self-promoting people.
Pros
Lots of future growth potential, moving into new facility, good pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours, lack of valuable feedback and transparency, competition instead of collaboration
nothing but high praise when i worked for stryker
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 March 2018
a very demanding company very strict deadlines month end closings were very busy worked sometimes till 2 in the morning but they treated you very fairly would give you time off when needed or seeing how many overtime hours i worked when deserved treat their employees with great respect treated all of us well
Pros
lots of free lunches and company get togethers after hours
Cons
very long hours at month ends and very strict deadlines
Fun place to work good people
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 January 2018
I enjoyed my time working there they treat the workers well there was little to no advancements but do to the small size of the factory it was the best it could be
Pros
free lunches on a long weekend
Cons
Hot
robotic brain numbing work with added pressure of making numbers
Stryker (Current Employee) –  model farm road21 November 2017
i learned its a converbelt of people going in one door and out the other the turn over of staff is unreal I'm the last one left of a group of 12 that started and I'm not wanting out !
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
long hours, bad training
Entreprise qui est en expension
Superviseur d'assemblage quart de nuit (Former Employee) –  L'Islet, QC10 October 2017
Entreprise qui prend de l’expansion. Bonne culture d'entreprise. Dirigeant inspirant, employés motivés.
Pros
Bonne ambiance de travail
Cons
Horaire parfois extensible.
Really enjoyed working with the people and management
Customer Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dundas, ON9 October 2017
Fast pace environment.
I learned with good organization skills and determination anything was possible to grow within a great company.
Great support from management.
Stryker is a very successful company with great people
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 July 2017
- Lots of young people, new ideas
- Office is pretty nice (free coffee, gym on site)
- Good name on resume
- Good way for a new grad to get some experience
Pros
Great culture - people live the values. Community/charitable involvement, good benefits and compensation.
Cons
Working extra hours to complete demands
Un plaisir
Assembleur (Former Employee) –  L'Islet, QC17 April 2017
Voici pour moi qui est stryker. Une entreprise de haute technologie fabrication de lit hôpital.

Une très grande compagnie qui ont engagé environ 350 personnes .2012 la compagnie as déménagé au Mexique .

Une grande tristesse pour tout les personnes qui ont perdus​ leurs travail.

Mais nous avons eux notre directeur général qui est Michel Levasseur as travailler fort pour que stryker continue dans la région de l islet Québec .

Pour cette entreprise mon travail était assembleur ,magasinier, tecnitien sur la route et représentant de les employés.

Sylvain B .
Team oriented
collaboration
Finance Department - Hamilton Office
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 March 2017
As a former finance department employee at Stryker, I can assure you that the finance department will keep you busy. Hours are long on month end due to unrealistic deadlines set by corporate office. The annual review process has a two strikes and your out approach, if in one year you receive a Developing rating-you get no bonus or raise, then the next if year you receive another Developing rating, there is no bonus or raise, and your put on a probation period, with basically one foot out the door. This approach is designed to ensure employees are pushing as hard as they can in their job. The finance department has historically been known as a sweat shop, and has had very high turnover in the past 5 years.
Don't be mislead by all the "best place to work" awards held by the Stryker office in Hamilton. All info is filtered by HR that gets released to the rating companys, so it's very misleading.
I've worked for a lot of companys, and unfortunately, Stryker is the only place I can say was a mistake in my career choices.
If your still uncertain about this job, speak with any independant job recruiter outside of Stryker, and they will validate the above.
On the positive side, if you can make it in Stryker, you can make it any where.
Pros
Christmas Party
Cons
You work as a team in a dynamic environment.
DISTRIBUTION ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 March 2016
Stryker is a company full of young people with University degrees. There is is the hospital like excellence work culture since it is a Medical supply company, but it is not as rigid as in an actual hospital. There are always team building activities, such as sports, dinner events, or almost constant meetings that keep you in the loop and part of the Stryker world.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
The application process is vigorous and long.
Stryker Canada
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 October 2015
Supervising, arranging, packing, and maintaining the computer slip for the individual medical electronic and electrical equipments to be shipped all over Canada and United States.
Great people to work with
SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  hamilton14 September 2015
love the people however to much overtime which lead to to leave the company.
Alot of room to grow and learn. They are very big on rewarding their employees.
Stryker believes in its people.
Surgical Sales Coordinator - Orthopedics (Former Employee) –  Dundas, Ontario8 July 2015
Best work environment I have had the privilege to work in for the past 16 years.

Hardest part of the job was the constant demands of critical needs of hospitals and the sales force, this was balanced by many Stryker fun days. ie: Employee appreciation week. baseball/golf days, spontaneous ice cream sunday afternoons. Birthday treats, the list is long.

Co-workers were all team mates, I believed to never let a team mate fail as did others. Any inside failures were transparent to the outside sales force and hospitals.
Pros
Many fun days.
Cons
Working extra hours to complete demands
Great Job, Good People
Warehouse Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Waterdown, ON2 December 2014
Fast paced environment. Receiving/shipping/order picking/kit replenishments fill the day. Never a dull moment. Exceptional staff and management. Extensive training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stryker. Our community is ready to answer.