Stryder Motorfreight Employee Reviews

Poorly managed company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC16 August 2018
A management heavy company that benefits management only. This company has a higher than normal revolving door for non managerial employees. You are just a fly on the wall to them. You stay longer if you choose to be their yes man. They expect above and beyond with no acknowledgement or compensation. This is a company that does not value their employees.
16 August 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

We are a company that expects a high level of performance from those we hire, and we greatly reward those efforts in return. This industry is not for everyone. Yet, we welcome new team members who put their best foot forward and have a passion for their profession, no matter what role it may be.

Every week, we acknowledge different members of our staff via our "Feel Good Fridays" social media program with a special shout-out and gift for things such as a great attitude, exceptional performance, or being a fantastic team player, among others. We also host numerous annual staff parties, award ceremonies, and holiday events throughout the year, celebrating the achievements of our employees and their hard work that helps keep us an industry-leading company.

There are no "yes men" at Stryder. There are incredibly talented individuals here whose hard work, professionalism, and dedication to their career makes us all extremely proud to have them on our team.

We are sorry your career with us did not work out, but we wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors.

Regards,

Stryder Management.

Never work for them
Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC6 June 2018
All this company has to offer is stress and demotivation. You are better off not to accept a job here. People on managerial positions use their powers in the wrong way and only people that can survive here are the people who know how to suck upto the managers
Pros
Cons
Long hours, stress, no aprreciation
7 August 2018

“Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

We are an employer that believes in hiring and promoting people with the right passion for the job and who can succeed in the very challenging logistics industry we operate in.

We understand that this isn’t for everyone and as such, those that do show the right aptitude and exhibit the high levels of competence and personal performance we require are rewarded at the highest levels of compensation in the industry.

Recognition is also another important part of showing our appreciation. One of the ways we do this is through our weekly "Feel Good Fridays" program where we award gift packages to staff and drivers who are shining examples of professionalism, competence, teamwork, and dedication, and sharing their success with all of our 600+ employees through our social media sites.

We also celebrate our employees through numerous events during the year, such as our annual Christmas Gathering, Summer Staff Parties and Driver Awards Galas. We are proud of our employees, whether they work on or off the road, because not only are they amazing members of our teams, but also amazing individuals in their own right.

Stryder Management.

Great experience during my time here...
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 May 2018
This is a fantastic place to gain experience in the industry. Paid well, friendly dispatchers and drivers, cool office, etc. Good benefits for the most part, and you can tell that they care about their employees and want to help them do their best no matter what even on a hard day. The overall company culture is very team-oriented which I also liked, they do have a unique sense of image. Constant work was a plus. I found the office staff are friendly and helpful.

However, I will say that it is a high-intensity company to work for and that certainly has weeded out many people over the years - by no means is it a walk in the park, the gears turn quickly but it is worth it for the great experience opportunities in my opinion.
Pros
Nice employees and head offices, new equipment, good experiences, pay
Cons
Challenging environment
Horrible work environment
Admin (Former Employee) –  Richmond20 March 2018
You will be disrespected and emotionally abused on a regular basis. Turnover is daily. The only way they get people to stay here long term is to break their will so they will never believe they could do any better. The management is full of mentally ill sociopaths who could never survive in the real world. It’s all a front. They may offer you what seems like a decent wages and a fancy office but trust me you’ll regret the day you step foot inside this disgusting environment. All departments are equally as mismanaged. Take my word on this and just keep scrolling. This is not worth it even short term unless you want a serious risk of permanent trauma!
29 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

We are very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience working in the office. Hearing this is quite distressing as we take these matters extremely seriously and have several policies in place to protect against this. Abuse, whether mental or physical, is NEVER tolerated under any circumstances at Stryder and does not reflect who we are as a company. Our employees' safety and well-being is paramount and we are always working to ensure that our work environment remains friendly, inclusive and productive.

A strong team environment has been key to our ongoing success, therefore one of our primary goals is to maintain a workplace that everyone enjoys participating in. We have a great group here with many long-term employees some that have been with us for over 10 years and we welcome new hires with the right passion and positive attitudes. We believe strongly in promoting from within the company and rewarding those who put their best foot forward.

Again we are sorry to learn that you had a negative experience and we wish you the best of luck with your future career.

Stryder Management

Unique in the industry and recognizes hard work
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  vancouver, bc29 June 2016
I worked for Stryder a few years ago and found it to be a diamond in the rough. The office was beautifully decorated and designed- they take great pride in their image. Office admin and drivers got along well. Made good friends with everyone and was given opportunities to advance for my hard work.
29 March 2018

Please excuse our delayed delayed response. We would like to extend our gratitude for your kind words. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your time working with our company. We work hard to stand out in the industry and appreciate your recognition!

All the best,

Great place to learn
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 January 2015
I did customer service, safety and warehousing for this company and really enjoyed all my job duties. I found that it had a high turn over rate but other then that I had a great experience working with them.
29 March 2018

Our apologies for the delayed response but we would like to take the time to thank you for your positive review! We wish you well and the best of success in your future endeavors!