Play YouTube video button
Stryder

Stryder Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews
Featured review
Stryder selected this as a representative review
This is a fantastic place to gain experience in the industry. Paid well, friendly dispatchers and drivers, cool office, etc. Good benefits for the most part, and you can tell that they care about their employees and want to help them do their best no matter what even on a hard day. The overall company culture is very team-oriented which I also liked, they do have a unique sense of image. Constant work was a plus. I found the office staff are friendly and helpful.

However, I will say that it is a high-intensity company to work for and that certainly has weeded out many people over the years - by no means is it a walk in the park, the gears turn quickly but it is worth it for the great experience opportunities in my opinion.
Pros
Nice employees and head offices, new equipment, good experiences, pay
Cons
Challenging environment
i used to work for these ppl Del force drivers to work illegal. Dispatch force you to work illegal in us. Will suggest you to turn off log book. No waiting paid for us clearance. Overall stay away from them
Pros
nothing
Cons
Everything . Not proper schedule
I love working at Stryder! Experienced team with projects always moving. Positive and energetic work environment. Beautiful, modern office and excellent coffee! :)
Pros
Experienced Team
Cons
Constant Change
I've seen lots of people advance from the bottom to the top, myself included, nice that they look to promote from within. Downside is its hectic at times, and workload can build up fast, can be difficult to balance
They have steady work for their drivers and fixed routs . so mostly you are told ahead of time if you are a driver . but office staff is very competitive .
They lie when they hire you .The dispatch always tries to make you work over hours ,and when you tell of unsafe equipment they ask you take it anyway .
If some body can work in saettle or chillawack and local work is good for dry van all the customer is coperative and friendly behaviour som dry van work
This company has no respect for workers. They will push you to break Hours Of Service Laws Continually.
If you tell the dispatcher that you do not have the Hours to complete the trip, you are told that you should turn in your plates.

They will tell you Lies to get you in the door. But once you sign on, things change Immediately. The rates are not Industry Best. Dispatcher will tell Manager that you are not Cooperating and you will be taken in to a meeting where Nothing you say is believed. You will be expected to Drive around Vancouver, Edmonton and all other locations searching for empty trailers for your next load at your own cost and time.
they call you anytime they want and they are not pay when you are on duty, the dispatchers are all east- Indians and they are not friendly at all.
it is one of bad trucking company
Pros
nothing
Cons
work like a slave
9 March 2020
Hello and thank you for leaving a review.

Our Operations team is made up of individuals from various backgrounds, not solely Asian Indians - all of whom we are proud to have as a part of our company. They work hard to load plan with our customers' shifting production schedules, and give our drivers as much notice as possible when these changes occur via text messages, not phone calls.

We are sorry that your career with our company did not work out as you had hoped. However, we wish you the best with your future endeavors.
A management heavy company that benefits management only. This company has a higher than normal revolving door for non managerial employees. You are just a fly on the wall to them. You stay longer if you choose to be their yes man. They expect above and beyond with no acknowledgement or compensation. This is a company that does not value their employees.
16 August 2018
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

We are a company that expects a high level of performance from those we hire, and we greatly reward those efforts in return. This industry is not for everyone. Yet, we welcome new team members who put their best foot forward and have a passion for their profession, no matter what role it may be.

Every week, we acknowledge different members of our staff via our "Feel Good Fridays" social media program with a special shout-out and gift for things such as a great attitude, exceptional performance, or being a fantastic team player, among others. We also host numerous annual staff parties, award ceremonies, and holiday events throughout the year, celebrating the achievements of our employees and their hard work that helps keep us an industry-leading company.

There are no "yes men" at Stryder. There are incredibly talented individuals here whose hard work, professionalism, and dedication to their career makes us all extremely proud to have them on our team.

We are sorry your career with us did not work out, but we wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors.

Regards,

Stryder Management.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Stryder?
Way to many dispatchers. You have to answer to 4-5 dispatchers. When talk to 1, call back 10 minutes later and the other dispatchers have no idea what your talking about. A lack of communication between dispatchers
7 August 2018
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Constant communication is one of the key elements of Stryder. Yes, we do have multiple dispatchers handling the frequently complex day-to-day operations of our company. However, please note that our team of dispatchers work hard 24/7 to ensure that communication with our drivers is optimal for everyone involved.

We are also investing in state-of-the-art automated communication systems, which include driver-controlled load status advancement. This will enhance communication efficiencies to industry-leading levels.

We encourage our drivers to communicate with our dispatchers in a friendly and professional manner whenever problems may arise, and vice versa. At Stryder, our environment is one of productivity, openness, and teamwork, which is something that we're very proud of.

Stryder Management
All this company has to offer is stress and demotivation. You are better off not to accept a job here. People on managerial positions use their powers in the wrong way and only people that can survive here are the people who know how to suck upto the managers
Pros
Cons
Long hours, stress, no aprreciation
7 August 2018
“Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

We are an employer that believes in hiring and promoting people with the right passion for the job and who can succeed in the very challenging logistics industry we operate in.

We understand that this isn’t for everyone and as such, those that do show the right aptitude and exhibit the high levels of competence and personal performance we require are rewarded at the highest levels of compensation in the industry.

Recognition is also another important part of showing our appreciation. One of the ways we do this is through our weekly "Feel Good Fridays" program where we award gift packages to staff and drivers who are shining examples of professionalism, competence, teamwork, and dedication, and sharing their success with all of our 600+ employees through our social media sites.

We also celebrate our employees through numerous events during the year, such as our annual Christmas Gathering, Summer Staff Parties and Driver Awards Galas. We are proud of our employees, whether they work on or off the road, because not only are they amazing members of our teams, but also amazing individuals in their own right.

Stryder Management.
You will be disrespected and emotionally abused on a regular basis. Turnover is daily. The only way they get people to stay here long term is to break their will so they will never believe they could do any better. The management is full of mentally ill sociopaths who could never survive in the real world. It’s all a front. They may offer you what seems like a decent wages and a fancy office but trust me you’ll regret the day you step foot inside this disgusting environment. All departments are equally as mismanaged. Take my word on this and just keep scrolling. This is not worth it even short term unless you want a serious risk of permanent trauma!
29 March 2018
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

We are very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience working in the office. Hearing this is quite distressing as we take these matters extremely seriously and have several policies in place to protect against this. Abuse, whether mental or physical, is NEVER tolerated under any circumstances at Stryder and does not reflect who we are as a company. Our employees' safety and well-being is paramount and we are always working to ensure that our work environment remains friendly, inclusive and productive.

A strong team environment has been key to our ongoing success, therefore one of our primary goals is to maintain a workplace that everyone enjoys participating in. We have a great group here with many long-term employees some that have been with us for over 10 years and we welcome new hires with the right passion and positive attitudes. We believe strongly in promoting from within the company and rewarding those who put their best foot forward.

Again we are sorry to learn that you had a negative experience and we wish you the best of luck with your future career.

Stryder Management
Faced paced office, modern decor. Potential to grow to a bigger and better company with the right management team. Advancement opportunities are always present and constantly changing.
I worked for Stryder a few years ago and found it to be a diamond in the rough. The office was beautifully decorated and designed- they take great pride in their image. Office admin and drivers got along well. Made good friends with everyone and was given opportunities to advance for my hard work.
29 March 2018
Please excuse our delayed delayed response. We would like to extend our gratitude for your kind words. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your time working with our company. We work hard to stand out in the industry and appreciate your recognition!

All the best,

Stryder Management
Stryder Motorfreight is a large Transport and Warehousing company in the U.S. and Canada. World Class employees and World Class services to offer their customers.
Pros
Wonderful people to work with!!
Cons
BC is expensive to live in, but Beautiful!!
I did customer service, safety and warehousing for this company and really enjoyed all my job duties. I found that it had a high turn over rate but other then that I had a great experience working with them.
29 March 2018
Our apologies for the delayed response but we would like to take the time to thank you for your positive review! We wish you well and the best of success in your future endeavors!

Stryder Management
While I was there, everyone seemed really nice and pleasant. The environment was really fast paced with I loved. I am not one for a slow mundane day... so this was right up my alley, tackling each assignment one at a time. I was put into a billing position in which I have never done before, but was getting the hang of it and had the eye for detail, catching little things here and there. Overall it was a good learning experience.
Pros
Lots of free lunches
Cons
Sitting in traffic every day, over the bridge, not fun!
Main part of my job was tracking and tracing all the carrier loads. Making sure they were on schedule to deliver or pickup at the specified dates and times. Booking shipments, rating, order entry, answering phones and invoicing. This was a typical day for me.
Multitasking, prioritizing and being proactive are very important in this line of work.

I really enjoyed working with my co-worker. Her many years experience have taught me so many things at this job.