Structube Management reviews

Workplace enviroment
Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 April 2019
The job is not that hard, but when it comes to concerns and issues, management is closed minded. You have a district managers and managers that think they know everything and when you bring up a issue, they look at you and do nothing. There is a big disconnect between the stores and head office, the decisions being made by head office, make no sense when it gets down to the store. It seems like head office doesn't know what goes on in the stores.
Pros
easy enviroment between associates
Cons
Bad management, no communication between managers
Great place for flexibility and creativity
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 March 2019
Working for this big furniture company helped me to develop myself in terms of style, managing tasks. It is a autonomous job as you are in charge of all the tasks in the store in order to make it easy to find items and keep a clean environment. I had the chance to work in two stores. One of them was managed by the same person for 25 years and he taught me how to be responsible for the whole store. Rules were already implemented so we can respect them as we were only 4 employees. The relationship was good, we trusted each other and we cleaned after ourselves as a sign of respect for the others. My second store experience is managed by a manager who ran the store for 4 years that is also 5 times the size of the other place. The manager brings energy to the work, which is less stressful and the ambiance is always great. However, managing the place is more effort as rules were not implemented strictly from the beginning. Harder to leave a place clean and the next day to find it in the same way. I enjoyed both stores as the taught me life experiences on how to manage a store and the importance of having a solid ground with rules but also having a good time with the team.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
management
horrendous
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON24 November 2018
worst place i have ever worked at, rude never paid on time, very unprofessional, selfish and they do not hear your voice when they need to do that too
Not recommended
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 October 2018
Management was garbage, so was the atmosphere. Aside from good pay, environment was VERY toxic. Do not recommend! 4 ppl gone within matter of 2 months.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Good experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 August 2018
Very easy shifts and management gives you flexible schedule. Good start pay and products are very good and cheap, so is easy to sell and make more money.
Waste Time- Misleading Job ad
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary12 June 2018
You apply for the management position, you are later told that you got the job but you have to start as a sales associate and you will be promoted after training. Found out there was No training available. (Minimum wage given the Industry) Start of with $16 hour with a commission structure of 3% After you sold $30,000 in a month.

Not a core sales environment, no floor rules, no turns, everyone gets to sell including the store manager. Employees with Zero Industry knowledge, Cavalier Attitude towards customers. If you have been in real `Sales` environment (Car, house or furniture etc) you know what I mean. Everyone does administrative work, unload trucks etc, no departments. Company has no Warehouse in Calgary.

Good place if you are starting of with a career in retail. Not a place for people who come with Industry experience, real-aggressive `Sales background` who are used to working out solutions, KPI, numbers, closing deals. Succession planning is not based on KPI, its based on sucking up to bunch of high school dropouts who pretend to know it all `Managers`.
Pros
Place for starting a career.
Cons
Management with Zero people skills.
work environment
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2018
very friendly working environment, working with structube was one my of my best experiences in retail.
very friendly and supportive management with great customer service.
Good pay & full time positions, bad workplace culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 January 2018
The company has created full time positions that pay well, provide benefits, and job security, however, has a very poor culture that is not conducive to good morale. Imposes 11 hour shifts, is deceptive about the rights of employees, and has a high turnover rate which creates an immediate feeling of instability amidst new hires. A definite pro is that the company tends to attract very good employees. Unfortunately, that it is a reasonable place to work for a short time seems to be the consensus.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Make research on the managers before applying
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alberta23 December 2017
At first it was great. Nice training with thoughtful managers who respected your availability and that you are new and can make mistakes and support you to grow. Got transferred to another branch where the manager is never there and always late to work. He blames everyone for any tiny mistake tho he does the same mistakes and even worse. Steals our sales and jumps into our interactions with customers without permission which makes the customers angry. Threw me under the bus for a customer complain he couldn't deal with as a manger and blamed on me then handed me a termination paper to cover his mistake. Loved the people, hated the management and that the head office is totally disconnected from what happens in the stores.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
Horrible management, no sufficient comission rate, head office disconnected from the stores
Fun relaxed work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 July 2017
Structube is a great place to work. Unlike many retailers, this company cares about the employees and their opinions. The products are always changing, and the work environment is fun and relaxed.
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 June 2017
Coming to work at Structube has opened my sense of deco design. Always looking forward to see what's up and coming. The staff and managements makes it very enjoyable to come to work at Structube.
Organized retail store, good prices and design
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC13 May 2017
I worked in other furnisher retail stores and I can confirm that Structube is really organized and they try their best to make the employees happy. The prices and the variety of designs being really good and competitive make it easy to sell to clients. Also there is always a good stock of items so you are never disappointed or scared to show your products. I was also a sales associate in other stores and it would take approximately 4-5 weeks to send the item to the customer making it complicated to reach your sale's goals
The environment is really good and relaxed. Not much competitions between coworkers, good team spirit. Management listens to ideas and gets implicated in the store operations, you feel that you work for a family business and try hard to make the employees happy. Benefits are paid fully by Structube which is an advantage compared to other companies.
Pros
Good work environment, nice products to offer
Good place to work but no advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 July 2016
This is a great place to work, the managers are friendly, as is the atmosphere... It's a hard working enterprise.
However, opportunities for advancement are severely limited; also, being a family run business, the innovation, product quality side, is sometimes neglected.
Great learning environment for handling all manner of clients and customers. Management is not very high-end though; and merit does sometimes seem to be lacking.

Big company with a small mentality sometimes. Ideal for young professionals starting off, anyone wanting to become an interiour designer (and make contacts) and students.
Pros
Good and friendly working environment
Cons
All day standing, no progress opportunities
Good job, bad career
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2016
Structube leaves little room for personal growth and career climbing. Head office is very disconnected from its employees, although they do try, it tends to be flaky and half hearted. Poor choice of management has caused policies to change frequently. Very disorganised. No benefits for full time employees. Wage is OK, however it has never improved, even with minimum wage increasing. Fantastic as a transitional job, however I recommend against attempting a career.
Pros
Excellent environment, Commission is possible if you're sales driven, Full time staff are guaranteed 40/week, products are very trendy and easy to sell
Cons
Policies make it hard to up-sell to customers, Small staff causes tension in regards to sales goals, Required to work 11hr shifts twice a week, Sales Associate wage hasn't increased in 4 years, Minimal perks to buying company products, Head Office is disorganised and disconnected, Poor upper management, Policies change frequently, No benefits, P.O.S system is unreliable
Official response from Structube
31 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback.
With our ongoing expansion, many employees have benefited from exciting promotions including District Manager positions.
We are continuously working on improving our operations. Many suggestions have come from employees through our Idea Rewards Program.
We have since increased our Head Office staff to offer support through Human Resources and daily operations.
Employee benefits are offered after 6 months of service. The prime is entirely paid by Structube.

Do not apply
assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2016
I worked here for two months, at first it was wow, but as days went by, all we been getting is returns after returns, customer issues, problems, complaints, missing screws, missing hardwear, customers yelling. This place sucks, don't bother applying, the pay sucks with no benefits, long hours, it's worse then a military.
Pros
Do not apply
Don't work here
sales associate (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON12 January 2016
Management doesn't tell you what they want. Horrible communication between head office and stores. Horrible policies. No employee benefits. Do one thing wrong your gone attitude.
One of the worst places to work, job seekers read the reviews on the net.
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  ASM3 December 2015
A typical day is you try to sell because your on commission, target is $34000 per month. The management will hire you on the spot, big red flag. The upper management D.M's are promoted with no real skill set to lead a team of stores. The D.M will use you and blame the store staff, for everything. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the rules. The rules changed everyday, no standards, this is a sad excuse for a family run business. No benefits or raises, if they don't like the way you blink your gone!
Pros
The pros their are none, they treat you like your a piece of dirt.
Cons
Long Hours, over worked, under paid, and most of all you are consistantly lied too.
Very challenging and fast paced
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 January 2015
There was never would be a typical day at Structube. The work environment was always changing. It was very fast paced and you were required to think outside of the norm in order to really excel.

I treated the job as if it were my own store. I had to take care of all of the different faucets of the store. I enjoyed the autonomy of making decisions quickly at store level.

I disliked that ownership, and sales support at head office was very sparse. I also started to dislike some of the heavy hours requirements that the job required.
Pros
Different work on a daily basis, and constant changing environment
Cons
Very heavy hours as management at times. Poor work/ life balance.
Fast growing company
Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 August 2014
Fast growing company with a unique focus on acquiring new, exciting designs. Privately owned with a hands-on approach from owners and executive management. Great opportunity for designers to build customer/corporate relationships. Good work ethic and passion for design is rewarded with lasting relationships, name recognition in the field, and generous commissions. Great teams with emphasis on helping each other build sales and generate return business rather than internal competition.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Some heavy lifting
A family run business
Senior Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2014
Good to see family run business that can do well.

Management at the time was 3 headed, with multiple principles contradicting each other and very hard to follow.

Product was decent, and well priced.