Structube

Structube Employee Reviews

Canada83 reviews
Typical retail position. Not a long term career path. Management lives almost a 9-9 position (open-close). High turn over rate of sales associates. reason would be most likely do to no stock person they feel like they are losing out on their next sale.
They may have nice product but It's a terrible company to work for. I interviewed with them multiple times, it started with a 2 phone interviews and then they had me drive down to their head office for an interview with HR, a few days later they called me back again for another interview with this time with HR and a dev, and then finally they called me back once more for an interview with just the devs this time making me do some problem solving on a whiteboard and pseudo code. I was then asked to take an at home test and create a website with multiple media uploading/downloading/storing options which I did complete and send off a day later.

After that I never heard from anyone again... I emailed and called HR; never got a response, I emailed and called the devs; never got a response. For after a plethora of interview and wasting my time and gas to go to their office they just ghosted me. I find it so unprofessional to do that to any candidate but after that many steps in their ridiculous interview process that it just down right wrong.
Pros
nice furniture
Cons
poor communication, terrible work mentality, waste of resources
Official response from Structube
24 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We are sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience. We are aware that our hiring process can be long and rigorous, as it includes several interviews and practical skills tests. Kindly note that these steps in the recruitment process were disrupted to conform to the restrictions caused by Covid-19. In light of these constraints, many of our recruitment efforts have since been adapted. We can assure you that your feedback is very important to us and it will be taken into consideration as we strive to continue to improve our candidate’s experience throughout the hiring process.
I have been hired in the year 2014, have started in the sales associate position, then i gotten promoted to manager in 4 months . There was an opening and i have taken it it have been managing the store durant 4 years. The branch had taken a very strong hit from the past management. Ive built a solid and strong team in order to re-give life to that branch.
une journée de travail complète, dans la motivation, avec une culture intégrée, dans la cohésion.
Not the greatest & not the best company. They don’t appreciate the worth of good employees & there’s a lot of ageism & sexism. The work environment is all really based on who your team is. There was never really any proper training you just kinda got thrown in there
Pros
-Paid more then minimum wage
Cons
-Doesn’t pay overtime
pas mal comme entreprise pour démarrer votre carrière professionnel
I worked at Structube for 2 years and have never experienced a more unprofessional company in my life.
Head office is a joke, they will literally hire anyone with retail experience. I was forced to quit, because the district manger was unwilling to work with my availability.
Would not recommend working here.
Politics of this place are terrible.

Head office is in montreal and district manager is located in Vancouver. Every locations store managers are great, however the structure is poor. Would be a good suit for a salesperson that's in highschool.
While working for Structube, I found that there was a lack of a management. Our manager was extremely unprofessional and lacked team building skills. Her demeanor was extremely negative at almost any given time. She aggressively pursued customers and made us do the same. She never really took pride in her staff and there was an underlying expectation that we needed to exceed our sales goals (which we should automatically want to!) There is a lack of communication between management on a store level and head office also.

Overall, if you find yourself in a Structube, I'd recommend it as your first full time experience and utilize it as a stepping store but the longevity isn't there and room to move up isn't as well.
This company doesn’t care about its employees. I have never experienced such a terrible work environment. The employees act like children and customers often complain about the way they are treated here
Pros
Cons
Negative work culture
They helped me improve myself...

I'd work there again.

an ideal time not to be unemployed. My employment agency's have been doing a great job keeping me in the game, I finally got around to updating my Resume / CV‼️

Years are going by quickly now & I've been doing good changing myself to become more useful. To become a strong provider. So I must find a way to step up.

Right now is the time, it's the gift, the present. T'is the season... Thank goodness for the people whom actually care & do something to assist others in need. Right❓

I love helping people, especially when they really need it. Feels really awesome & it makes me stronger. To the point I may not expect anything, much less gratitude.
I learned to collaborate better. This was my first comission based job. It made me work harder and kept me very motivated. I would reccomend this job.
One word word that summarizes my near year with structube? Meh. If you can work for a bigger team - do it. Small team locations are a bad scene.

It is an excellent stop gap job opportunity at best.
C'est pas trop stressant de travailler chez structube.
Amazing place to work, everyone you work with is amazing. The best team I've ever been part of. Only problem is customers, but the location of our store is in a rich entitled neighborhood so that's the only con of working there. If there was more protection from crazy customers then this is a dream job.
I worked with Structube for eight months and during that time I wasn't able to effect any change whatsoever. I was hired for a very specific role and yet my experience and expertise had zero value. I reported to a person who had no background or education in my field which was baffling to me. The company has no workplace culture which makes every store it's own battleground, every man for themselves. Every day expectations changed and no one was ever on the same page. No transparency or trust. They resist change and open dialogue is not encouraged. They lack vision which means lack of motivation for staff. I observed complacency when it came to poorly performing employees that created a toxic work environment. Management never led by example and rarely did anything to recognize employees. Overall they are completely unable to listen and respond to feedback appropriately. It was a very disappointing experience that I am glad to move away from. Luckily I'll be moving onto a company that is open to and appreciative of their staff. And I'll be getting benefits..something Structube does not offer on the scale they should be.
Having Structube in Moncton has been a great addition to our retail market . With today’s more interior driven focus of homes we see a lot more passion for home owners to make their space their own. Working at Structube is a unique retail experience , I love being able to use my background in interiors to help clients achieve their vision.
“I usually start my work at 7:30 am, plan my day, and make sure that the most urgent work gets done first“.

Didn't learn much ( uploading truck )

Work smarter and safer

workplace culture attracts talent

Heavy duty

Friendly staff.
This company was one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Owner and management are arrogant, condescending, rude and completely unqualified. They believe they know better than everyone working for them and micromanage every last detail. They hired specialists in their area and then won't let them do their job.

Aside from the work environment being toxic and incredibly demotivating there are zero benefits to working here. The actual benefits are awful (no dental) and you don't receive them until you've been there six months. Pay is terrible.

I have never been treated this poorly and been verbally abused as badly as I have by working for this company.

STAY AWAY.
J'ai travaillé chez Structube dans le département marketing pendant 3 ans. Je ne recommande pas du tout ce lieu de travail. Il s'agit d'une entreprise familiale et il n'y a pas du tout d'ouverture d'esprit. L'équipe marketing était super, mais la haute direction (lire ici, la famille) n'était pas du tout coopérative et n'apprécie pas le talent de ses employés. Ils remettent toujours en questions les décisions des employés et croit tout savoir. Ils s'attendent à ce que leurs employés exécutent leurs ordres et c'est tout.

Il n'y a aucune planification et la haute direction s'attend à ce que les projets soient exécutés sans délais raisonnables, ce qui est excessivement stressant et un manque de respect pour les employés.

Les avantages sociaux sont quasi-inexistants et peu de possibilité d'avancement dans la compagnie.
Emploi sans avenir, pas de possibilités d’embauche, pas d’avantage pas d’assurance seul le salaire peut vous faire rester si vous travailler pour agence, entrepôt trop loin situé à côté de l’autoroute 13 Laval