Structube
Happiness score is 38 out of 100

Structube Employee Reviews

Canada90 reviews

Started off well but no raises

Upon working at structube for almost 4 years and advancing quickly to assistant manager, I asked for a raise. The companies response was to demote myself to keyholder if I thought the pay was not enough for the added responsibility of the assistant manger position. The company misleads staff by offering a pay increase of a 1.50 per hour but the raise your comission target. After doing the math I discovered my pay increase was just a lie and I was actually making 60 dollars less per month automatically when you consider the commission target increase. Reluctantly I took my old position back as keyholder just to make ends meet. Once minimum wage was increased to 15 dollars the company decided to increase the pay of regular sales associates by 1 dollar. Unfortunetly the company decided that they would only raise the pay of keyholders by 50 cents. Even though pay will still be hight than that of a regular sales associate, the gap between keyholder and sales associate is now less and thus does not properly reflect the added responsibility of having a key to the store. In simpler terms structube does not care about dedication or senority. That combined with the fact that the company is extremely unorganized and makes several mistakes that affect staff negatively is the reason I will have to look for another job despite really enjoying home decor and the style of the products structube offers.

Pros

Paid vacation, commission pay

Cons

Dealing with entitled customer and incompetent cooperate employees, No raises based on work ethic or value

Mangement is awful

They like to rush everyone when there is no need, not pay you for doing other departments work (I got a pay decrease to go work in another department, when I returned to my original department they did not raise me back to where i was)

Pros

Free pizza monthly

Cons

Mangement

Diversity in Low End Jobs

Their diversity can be only seen in a Low end Job you dont advance here by your Experience and Skills. Plus they dont even hire permanent so regardless how long you work there you wont have any benefits

Not worth the pay

They do not offer raises, often staff is unloading big trucks with heavy furniture with no safety equipment or lifts and or pallet jacks, often times durning winter and poor weather. Many of the advertised benefits on job postings apply to Quebec residents only. They tell you you can bonus but very few actually do and with the company always building more stores you’re literally competing with each other just to make the threshold so you can bonus. Pro tip! Ask to see their sales report when they tell you how much you can make. Very disorganized from head office down, no training at all in either furniture knowledge/ sales/etc. Many people in management positions are bullies and rely on gaslighting their staff. They also have a complete disregard for labour laws. Store managers get two bonuses, personal then a store bonus and often times their work will be pushed onto you so they can sell and collect double bonuses. Overall if you need a job where the checks don’t bounce and nothing else matters, Structube might be the place for you.

Pros

Consistent pay checks

Cons

Environment, pay, management, work load

Too much work for minimum wage

Was only person that worked here that's not management so I did all of the grunt work and didnt get a chance to interact with customers to get comission.

Friendly Little Crew

Not a bad place to work if you can manage the personalities. One is almost always busy, although things slowed down with the pandemic. Weekly truck is great exercise if you're into that and most customers who pickup product are friendly enough. Pandemic hurt that a little as people now have less patience and are more irked about the wait times. Staff discount is fair and you will use it for sure - solid variety of products. Sales goals seemed very fair and almost everyone meets and exceeds them a few months in, so don't let that deter you. They promote mainly from within, so you can move up if you want to.

Wouldn't recommand

Loooong delays for the customers, those delays are always changing and being pushed 2 months further each time. It makes the customer angry and YOU are the one having to deal with that. The company doesn't offer any kind of compensation. Big changes will happen and you won't have any training to learn how to deal with that, like the system changing for example. You'll have to work EVERY week-end, even if you are full time. There is a lot of chatting, the manager was the worst chatter in my store. She was talking bad about everyone in her team.

Pros

Descounts, beautiful store

Cons

No week-ends off (not even once), Poor management

Fast paced placed

Nice company Structube very clean and organised but the hiring company bédard Ressources is not listening to the workers as it suposed to do . They replace you in a blink. They train you for a higher post when you complain then put you back down after few days . High hipocrosy from Bédard ressources.

Pros

Paid breaks, pizza day each end of the month

Cons

Bad supervisors and managment

Horrendous

Terrible management no customer service poor furniture. Furniture is soo poor that customers constantly return for refund. Management sees this as poor employee workmanship ha,ha.

Pros

Cons

Terrible company

The Barrie Location Is The Best Place Ever

A fantastic workplace! The staff are all so helpful to eachother (even with commission involved) and it is the only place with commission that I have worked where it genuinely felt like a team. Everyone wants to see eachother win. Selling is easy as product is cool and trendy at all times, and customer base is a perfect middle ground (no snooty customers who treat sales staff like dirt).

Pros

Cons

Shift work isn't great

Environnement de travail professionnel et agréable !

J’ai commencé à travailler chez Structube pendant une pandémie mondiale ! Avec tous les inconvénients que cette situation peut provoquer, je peux vous assurer que mon intégration au sein de mon département et de mon équipe n’aurait pas pu être mieux. On prend en considération mes intérêts et on m’aide à développer mes forces. En plus d’avoir un salaire compétitif, de bons avantages sociaux et un environnement de travail flexible, nous travaillons tous en collaboration. C’est l’environnement de travail parfait pour commencer sa carrière et je me vois évoluer dans cette entreprise !

Pros

Snack bar, Horaire flexible, Avantages sociaux

They see your potential and give you opportunities

I started at Structube as a customer experience representative. After a few weeks, they started giving me more challenging tasks and responsibility which increased my motivation to work for them. After 2 months, I was offered a promotion because of my good work. They do care about their employees and when they see talent and potential they don't hesitate on giving you good advancement opportunities.

Pros

opportunities, salary, culture, teamwork

Collaborative environment and a good working atmosphere

I'm newly employed at Structube and I already feel like I have learned so much. I received a good training and I have good support from my team. I love working at Structube because there's a good team spirit, I'm learning a lot and I feel comfortable asking questions to my colleagues. There's a collaborative environment and a good working atmosphere. There's room for growth and they offer competitive salary. They are focusing on my strengths and are always positive. I feel valued in my work and I see myself working for Structube on the long-term.

Pros

Flexible hours, relaxation room, snack bar, free coffee and drink, parking

Nothing but trash

One of the worst places I’ve ever worked in my life. I was here for about a year & couple months & it’s not worth working here, this company doesn’t care for their employees, management if a huge joke the clientele is absolutely ridiculous. You would think because the clients were so bad you would have a little support from management, but that’s non existent. All they care about is numbers numbers numbers. There’s no compensation for anything. Don’t believe them when they talk about commission because you won’t get any of it. Structube is one of the most shadiest, most irresponsible companies I’ve ever encountered in my life & I’m glad I do not work there anymore. Please I beg each & everyone of you do not risk your mental health working for Structube I promise you’ll regret it

Pros

Cons

No flexibility, no compensation, no commission etc

the absolute worst toxic environment

- toxic environment- high turnover rate- staff afraid to speak up - upper management are a joke- they don’t care about staff mental well being- too much demands, expectations, work load- abusive customers, verbal harassment from customers - no support for staff- don’t bother with this company; you will learn how poorly they operate the business - no raises

Pros

absolutely nothing.

Cons

abuse and harassment from customers!

A company that needs re-structuring

Mediocre pay, little to no benefits, no paid sick days, no overtime, no advancement, no support from superiors, and high stress. Poorly run from the top-down so expect to get a lot of negative feedback from customers.

Cons

No sick pay, no overtime, no recognition, angry customers

Awful experience

They don't train you and then fire you after two weeks because you "don't have enough drive" When you ask them for more work to do, they give you small little projects that don't do anything for your development. When you can't figure something out because of lack of training... they say and I quote... "figure it out"Just terrible.

Pros

free snacks...

Cons

Bad management, no training.

Toxic environment

Extremely toxic environment, very poor management and intimidation, harassment &bullying. All employees afraid to speak up, when you do you get fired. Supervisor always delegating more and more work to all employees, as they walk around having coffee and following you around to see what you are doing.

My opinion changed once I started working here.

I was very excited when I got the call from the company to start. The interview was easy, as well as the screening process. I figured that it would be a good first job in a sales driven retail environment. Unfortunately, I was very wrong. The whole process took 2 months. From the time I applied to when I walked in the door. The only reason I continued to persue was because I was desperately looking to get experience.My first day, I was given no further training about the company. No videos or explanation of products, I was shoved right onto the sales floor. I tried to learn and ask questions because I liked the management, but it ended up not being worth my time. There were multiple times where I was out of my comfort zone and left to my own devices to advise customers on policies that I had only learned myself from observing, nothing was easily taught to me.Being a "Sales Associate" is an easy job, but how can you do the job if there is no training. I believe that it would be extremely easy once all the policies are learned, but they are not easily being taught.

Pros

25% Discount on Products, Easy

Cons

No training, Long hours, Unrealistic sales quota

Would never recommend, awful company to work for

They may have nice product but It's a terrible company to work for. I interviewed with them multiple times, it started with a 2 phone interviews and then they had me drive down to their head office for an interview with HR, a few days later they called me back again for another interview with this time with HR and a dev, and then finally they called me back once more for an interview with just the devs this time making me do some problem solving on a whiteboard and pseudo code. I was then asked to take an at home test and create a website with multiple media uploading/downloading/storing options which I did complete and send off a day later. After that I never heard from anyone again... I emailed and called HR; never got a response, I emailed and called the devs; never got a response. For after a plethora of interview and wasting my time and gas to go to their office they just ghosted me. I find it so unprofessional to do that to any candidate but after that many steps in their ridiculous interview process that it just down right wrong.

Pros

nice furniture

Cons

poor communication, terrible work mentality, waste of resources

Official response from Structube

24 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We are sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience. We are aware that our hiring process can be long and rigorous, as it includes several interviews and practical skills tests. Kindly note that these steps in the recruitment process were disrupted to conform to the restrictions caused by Covid-19. In light of these constraints, many of our recruitment efforts have since been adapted. We can assure you that your feedback is very important to us and it will be taken into consideration as we strive to continue to improve our candidate’s experience throughout the hiring process.

They see the potential in you !

I have been hired in the year 2014, have started in the sales associate position, then i gotten promoted to manager in 4 months . There was an opening and i have taken it it have been managing the store durant 4 years. The branch had taken a very strong hit from the past management. Ive built a solid and strong team in order to re-give life to that branch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Structube. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement