Strive Living Society
View all Strive Living Society reviews

Strive Living Society

Strive Living Society Employee Review

Don't work here

Save yourselves the trouble and don't work here. Staff (especially in AIL) are not valued or appreciated. Managers will micro manage everything you do. Work is fast paced, managers place unrealistic deadlines and are unorganized.

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

stressful and fast-paced

generally a stressful position but pay is good. Expectations kept on adding (sometimes unreasonable considering the time we have). Job requires to be creative in problem solving skill. co-workers are amazing. management is not. Job is definitely secure but career advancement is a bit limited.

Pros

everyone is getting along. pays well

Cons

micromanaging and stressful

Official response from Strive Living Society

16 November 2021
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry your experience at Strive isn’t more positive. We’re aware that the nature of the job can be “stressful and fast-paced” and we try to support our team members the best we can by offering flexibility, training, time off, and EAP. We encourage and welcome staff to reach out if additional support is needed.
Same role

I've worked with Strive Living Society previously Howe Sound Rehab Services society for 6 years. During my time here, I had opportunity for advancement, increase in wage, educational opportunities ( I've been sent to a few weekend educational workshops) as well as I been able to be a part of building new programs. It's a large organization with many disciplines working together ie nurses, rec therapist, community support workers, residential workers, ect. If you prove yourself and are a hard worker you will have opportunity to advance. I'd recommend this agency.

Pros

opportunity, forward thinking, client centred, management

Cons

governed by government funding

Official response from Strive Living Society

16 November 2021
Thank you for the nice review. We’re proud of our diverse team and appreciate all the work from the different players. We’re immensely grateful for the work you’re doing and your commitment to Strive.
Same location

Disorganized and Isolating

This company is desperate for workers due to the high turnover rate. Management changes constantly, it started off with a yearly change but then it became almost every 6 months. Contacting managers becomes very difficult and confusing. There are barely any meetings or ways to feel connected to your co workers. The only time you will meet a co worker is either by training new staff, or if a manager visits for an equipment check. The children are absolutely the highlight of this job, they're wonderful and are in need of help but due to lack of training as well as management not always being familiar with different children, as the one to one worker you will be thrown into the fire many times. This job can be very stressful at times due to this. In shortNegatives: - Management is in disarray- Managers also are not familiar with the actual kids as they are randomly hired from different organizations- Isolating: there is no sense of community and you barely see your co workers- Stressful: due to lack of knowledge regarding clients from management, you are not trained very well for each client thus creating a sink or swim situation for the worker- Positives:- You get to work with incredible youth and the job is very rewarding - Pay: you are compensated very well but it is hard to get a full 40 hour week unless you're in residential care. Overall my rating is a 2-2.5. If you want to gain work experience in this field as a student I recommend it but I warn you to not get taken advantage of by this company. You will be asked to do many things that are beyond your duties. -

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strive Living Society. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement