Strive Living Society

Canada38 reviews

Clear
3.4Pay & benefits

Okay

Okay place to work. No concerns not really much to say. People where nice and I made great friends. The residents where nice and made the job worth it.

Great Environment

Wonderful place to work! Helpful team members and great opportunities. Lots of shift availability for a casual employee as well. Overall good experience

30 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Strive. We’re glad you had a good experience with us! We’re sorry you’re no longer part of our team, but please contact us if you ever want to return. All the best!

Insights into Strive Living Society

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

productive fun work place with table tennis

There were many transitions at work depend on the work site managers. It was very challenging to work with high risk youth It is good to have medical and dental extended benefits

Pros

many options to choose for work sites

Cons

high risk to get harmed

16 November 2021
We really appreciate you taking the time to review your experience at Strive. We’re glad you had fun during your time here and we hope you’ll consider working for us again in the future.

Very fulfilling workplace

Taking the time to enhance someone's life who has different abilities in return gives the supporter new and positive appreciation of what's important. At times the emotional output can be draining but so much about this work fills the tank back up.

16 November 2021
Thanks for your review. We agree that this work is very fulfilling and we appreciate people like you who are dedicated to this field.

Worst job

Not a fun job, to be honest. They make you work really long hours and don't pay nearly enough for the what they expect of you. As well, the co-workers aren't the friendliest.

16 November 2021
We’re very sorry to hear that this was your worst job. Employees have the right to refuse work so no one should be forced to work long hours they don’t want to. However, we do agree that working in this field deserves more recognition and higher pay. We wish you reached out during your time here so we could’ve worked together to resolve your concerns.

Meaningful work and an amazing team

Flexibility, great work/ life balance, frequent opportunities to participate in events/ expos/ fundraisers, training and educational opportunities, solid benefits, down-to-earth management, meaningful work helping individuals with disabilities. Ideas and feedback are encouraged, knowledgeable teams and managers. Employees are open to ideas, excellent teamwork. Open minded, honest, and friendly office culture. It's inspiring to see the individuals we provide services to succeed and how our programs make a difference.

Pros

Training opportunities, good benefits, meaningful employment, vacation, flexibility, great experience, work/ life balance, great management

Cons

Could be more advancement opportunities/ planning.

16 November 2021
Thanks for the great review. We’d love to have endless opportunities to advance our amazing team members. We’re continuously working on growing the agency so we can realize these opportunities.

Great place to work!

Working at Strive is a very rewarding job, yet sometimes challenging because of the nature of work we do. Great people to work with and an amazing management team. The work we do here is absolutely amazing. Strive offers a great work culture, competitive wages, great benefits and has lots of room for growth and advancement.

Pros

Great work culture, room for advancement, competitive wages, great benefits

16 November 2021
Thank you for the five-star review! We keep striving for perfection and need people like you to help us get there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strive Living Society. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement