Strive Living Society

Strive Living Society Pay & benefits reviews

Featured review
Strive Living Society selected this as a representative review
I worked for Strive for almost 4 years, and it was an incredible learning experience. Everyone is super friendly and supportive. The HR team is fantastic. If you are looking for a place to grow while working with smart and fun coworkers, Strive is the perfect organization.
Strive is always trying to adapt and better its services to benefit the clients and staff! Great benefits package and a friendly group of staff at head office.
There were many transitions at work depend on the work site managers. It was very challenging to work with high risk youth It is good to have medical and dental extended benefits
Pros
many options to choose for work sites
Cons
high risk to get harmed
everything was ok the only one thing i was not satisfied was the salary. work cultures was too good.i learnt a lot form there. i like their management.
Not a fun job, to be honest. They make you work really long hours and don't pay nearly enough for the what they expect of you. As well, the co-workers aren't the friendliest.
Excellent job, excellent management, working with Strive Living was a personally rewarding experience that helped me decide to follow this path in life. I was given a leave of absence from Strive Living to complete a university degree in Ontario, and met with family issues that prevented my returning to BC; otherwise, I would still be there. I cannot think of a better way to live than helping others as Strive Living does. Even though this writer worked specifically with adults and children prone to physical outbursts, i received excellent training and support by management, and recognition for effort. Sadly, a minor disabilty limits my ability to counter violence now.
Pros
Everything, (but pay could be a little better.)
Cons
compensation makes living in lower-mainland BC difficult.
Flexibility, great work/ life balance, frequent opportunities to participate in events/ expos/ fundraisers, training and educational opportunities, solid benefits, down-to-earth management, meaningful work helping individuals with disabilities. Ideas and feedback are encouraged, knowledgeable teams and managers. Employees are open to ideas, excellent teamwork. Open minded, honest, and friendly office culture. It's inspiring to see the individuals we provide services to succeed and how our programs make a difference.
Pros
Training opportunities, good benefits, meaningful employment, vacation, flexibility, great experience, work/ life balance, great management
Cons
Could be more advancement opportunities/ planning.
Interesting, challenging and stressful to look after a child with disability. More attention to the client. Learned to handle client with low and high sugar level by injecting insulin. Receive support from the management. It's not permanet in a sense that the management can remove the client anytime.The pay is good and no tax.
Pros
Good pay and no tax
Cons
Remove client anytime from the foster parent
Working at Strive is a very rewarding job, yet sometimes challenging because of the nature of work we do. Great people to work with and an amazing management team. The work we do here is absolutely amazing. Strive offers a great work culture, competitive wages, great benefits and has lots of room for growth and advancement.
Pros
Great work culture, room for advancement, competitive wages, great benefits