Strive Living Society

Canada38 reviews

Clear
3.4Pay & benefits

Overall good!

Not all managers are supportive, less organized. Good environment work place. Sometimes stressful and challenging. Good professional development. Benefits better.

Pros

Benefits, unionized

Cons

Less organized

Always Adapting

Strive is always trying to adapt and better its services to benefit the clients and staff! Great benefits package and a friendly group of staff at head office.

16 November 2021
Thank you for your five star review! Yes, adapting and changing are essential to meet the needs of the people we serve and employ. We’re so happy you’re happy with the benefits and your coworkers. We’re glad to have you as part of the Strive team.

Insights into Strive Living Society

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

productive fun work place with table tennis

There were many transitions at work depend on the work site managers. It was very challenging to work with high risk youth It is good to have medical and dental extended benefits

Pros

many options to choose for work sites

Cons

high risk to get harmed

16 November 2021
We really appreciate you taking the time to review your experience at Strive. We’re glad you had fun during your time here and we hope you’ll consider working for us again in the future.

it was ok

everything was ok the only one thing i was not satisfied was the salary. work cultures was too good.i learnt a lot form there. i like their management.

16 November 2021
Thank you for leaving us a review. We agree that salaries should be better for everyone working in this field. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed Strive’s culture and working with our management team. All the best

Worst job

Not a fun job, to be honest. They make you work really long hours and don't pay nearly enough for the what they expect of you. As well, the co-workers aren't the friendliest.

16 November 2021
We’re very sorry to hear that this was your worst job. Employees have the right to refuse work so no one should be forced to work long hours they don’t want to. However, we do agree that working in this field deserves more recognition and higher pay. We wish you reached out during your time here so we could’ve worked together to resolve your concerns.

I would love to go back if a caseworker, trainer, or home evaluator position ever opens

Excellent job, excellent management, working with Strive Living was a personally rewarding experience that helped me decide to follow this path in life. I was given a leave of absence from Strive Living to complete a university degree in Ontario, and met with family issues that prevented my returning to BC; otherwise, I would still be there. I cannot think of a better way to live than helping others as Strive Living does. Even though this writer worked specifically with adults and children prone to physical outbursts, i received excellent training and support by management, and recognition for effort. Sadly, a minor disabilty limits my ability to counter violence now.

Pros

Everything, (but pay could be a little better.)

Cons

compensation makes living in lower-mainland BC difficult.

16 November 2021
Thanks for giving us a five-star review. It’s so unfortunate that your path in this career (and city) have come to an end. We’re very glad we were able to support your lifelong learning and hope that you find a future that is equally as rewarding. All the best.

Meaningful work and an amazing team

Flexibility, great work/ life balance, frequent opportunities to participate in events/ expos/ fundraisers, training and educational opportunities, solid benefits, down-to-earth management, meaningful work helping individuals with disabilities. Ideas and feedback are encouraged, knowledgeable teams and managers. Employees are open to ideas, excellent teamwork. Open minded, honest, and friendly office culture. It's inspiring to see the individuals we provide services to succeed and how our programs make a difference.

Pros

Training opportunities, good benefits, meaningful employment, vacation, flexibility, great experience, work/ life balance, great management

Cons

Could be more advancement opportunities/ planning.

16 November 2021
Thanks for the great review. We’d love to have endless opportunities to advance our amazing team members. We’re continuously working on growing the agency so we can realize these opportunities.

Interesting,challenging, good pay

Interesting, challenging and stressful to look after a child with disability. More attention to the client. Learned to handle client with low and high sugar level by injecting insulin. Receive support from the management. It's not permanet in a sense that the management can remove the client anytime.The pay is good and no tax.

Pros

Good pay and no tax

Cons

Remove client anytime from the foster parent

16 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts in this review. Our goal is to provide stable, long-term placements for all our service recipients. However, this isn’t always possible for a number of reasons as the individuals we serve are dynamic. We make decisions in the best interest of those we serve. We appreciate the work you have done with Strive. All the best.

Great place to work!

Working at Strive is a very rewarding job, yet sometimes challenging because of the nature of work we do. Great people to work with and an amazing management team. The work we do here is absolutely amazing. Strive offers a great work culture, competitive wages, great benefits and has lots of room for growth and advancement.

Pros

Great work culture, room for advancement, competitive wages, great benefits

16 November 2021
Thank you for the five-star review! We keep striving for perfection and need people like you to help us get there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strive Living Society. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement