Strive Living Society

Strive Living Society Job security & advancement reviews

Featured review
Strive Living Society selected this as a representative review
I worked for Strive for almost 4 years, and it was an incredible learning experience. Everyone is super friendly and supportive. The HR team is fantastic. If you are looking for a place to grow while working with smart and fun coworkers, Strive is the perfect organization.
generally a stressful position but pay is good. Expectations kept on adding (sometimes unreasonable considering the time we have). Job requires to be creative in problem solving skill. co-workers are amazing. management is not. Job is definitely secure but career advancement is a bit limited.
Pros
everyone is getting along. pays well
Cons
micromanaging and stressful
This place was very wishy washy. Great experience to learn from. However it’s very hard to work in an environment and industry where u have a o care for Kids but your not allowed in anyway to care about them.
I am happy I got the opportunity to work in such a professional organisation. I had access to great and very helpful trainings and workshops. I consider my experience at Strive as one of the most important career milestone.
Strive has been around for a long time and I have got to know a lot of wonderful people and staff there over the years. I am always leaning new things and am grateful for the experience
Typical day involves: Outings with clients Personal Care Daily Journal Writing Incident Reporting Maintaining the cleanliness of your worksite What I learned: MANDT training provided First Aid Training provided Management: I have a part time line and work with Adults in the Day Program and Group Homes and also pick up shifts in their Children and Youth Services Department so I can compare and contrast management. Adults - current manager, works hands on and trains new staff hands on but, I feel their 4 hour orientations are not enough. There was however another manager in the Richmond location who did a 4 hour orientation for me to work as a casual worker in a Specialized home in April 2016. After the 4 hour orientation, the manager actually worked with me for the full 8 hours of my first shift in this specialized home so I learned the clients personal care routine in the evening right away and also her typical routine during the pm over the weekends. I thought that this manager went above and beyond to help new or casual workers for his site. This is one of the reason why I kept picking up shifts in this location. Sadly, this manager resigned and was replaced by a newbie. Childrens: Managers do not train you hands on, they ask the senior staff to do their trainings without management oversight. This is ok I guess as long as you train with a good senior worker. However, we all know that not everyone is always good at their jobs even though they have been their for awhile which can lead to discrepancies in the training and no continuity of care. - more...
Pros
Work Experience
Cons
Gossip, High turn over rate for Staff and Management.
Great place to work for. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. it feels like one big family. great opportunities to grow and great learning experiences.
The company provides necessary trainings for the workers to be more competent in their chosen field. They are very flexible and accommodating to day-off/vacation leave's request.
Flexibility, great work/ life balance, frequent opportunities to participate in events/ expos/ fundraisers, training and educational opportunities, solid benefits, down-to-earth management, meaningful work helping individuals with disabilities. Ideas and feedback are encouraged, knowledgeable teams and managers. Employees are open to ideas, excellent teamwork. Open minded, honest, and friendly office culture. It's inspiring to see the individuals we provide services to succeed and how our programs make a difference.
Pros
Training opportunities, good benefits, meaningful employment, vacation, flexibility, great experience, work/ life balance, great management
Cons
Could be more advancement opportunities/ planning.
lots of experience. It is a fun place to work at. Really easy and you gain alot of experiece for futute enhancement. Would reccommend others to apply for this place
I've worked with Strive Living Society previously Howe Sound Rehab Services society for 6 years. During my time here, I had opportunity for advancement, increase in wage, educational opportunities ( I've been sent to a few weekend educational workshops) as well as I been able to be a part of building new programs. It's a large organization with many disciplines working together ie nurses, rec therapist, community support workers, residential workers, ect. If you prove yourself and are a hard worker you will have opportunity to advance. I'd recommend this agency.
Pros
opportunity, forward thinking, client centred, management
Cons
governed by government funding
Working at Strive is a very rewarding job, yet sometimes challenging because of the nature of work we do. Great people to work with and an amazing management team. The work we do here is absolutely amazing. Strive offers a great work culture, competitive wages, great benefits and has lots of room for growth and advancement.
Pros
Great work culture, room for advancement, competitive wages, great benefits