Strive Living Society

Strive Living Society Culture reviews

Featured review
Strive Living Society selected this as a representative review
I worked for Strive for almost 4 years, and it was an incredible learning experience. Everyone is super friendly and supportive. The HR team is fantastic. If you are looking for a place to grow while working with smart and fun coworkers, Strive is the perfect organization.
During my time with Strive I worked in the Children's Program as well as in the Adult 1-1 program. Both programs were very organized, supportive, team oriented and most importantly client focused. Management was professional and approachable. If you want to learn and grow your skills I highly recommend this company.
Pros
great team, great management, supportive, client focused, family centred
Strive is always trying to adapt and better its services to benefit the clients and staff! Great benefits package and a friendly group of staff at head office.
everything was ok the only one thing i was not satisfied was the salary. work cultures was too good.i learnt a lot form there. i like their management.
I am happy I got the opportunity to work in such a professional organisation. I had access to great and very helpful trainings and workshops. I consider my experience at Strive as one of the most important career milestone.
The clients are great of course. Some more complex than others. I worked on call on three group on the North Shore. I felt supported by all the managers.
Pros
Some really great managers
Cons
Crazy co- workers occasionally
Management was very challenging with this company. However, the wages are higher and the clients are a pleasure. There are many homes that need workers, and their is always penalty of work.
- Friendly and support staff - Adequate resources to do the job - The hardest part about the job was lack of organization coming from head office - Most enjoyable was the team work ethic from staff
Great place to work for. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. it feels like one big family. great opportunities to grow and great learning experiences.
Flexibility, great work/ life balance, frequent opportunities to participate in events/ expos/ fundraisers, training and educational opportunities, solid benefits, down-to-earth management, meaningful work helping individuals with disabilities. Ideas and feedback are encouraged, knowledgeable teams and managers. Employees are open to ideas, excellent teamwork. Open minded, honest, and friendly office culture. It's inspiring to see the individuals we provide services to succeed and how our programs make a difference.
Pros
Training opportunities, good benefits, meaningful employment, vacation, flexibility, great experience, work/ life balance, great management
Cons
Could be more advancement opportunities/ planning.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Strive Living Society?
Working at Strive is a very rewarding job, yet sometimes challenging because of the nature of work we do. Great people to work with and an amazing management team. The work we do here is absolutely amazing. Strive offers a great work culture, competitive wages, great benefits and has lots of room for growth and advancement.
Pros
Great work culture, room for advancement, competitive wages, great benefits
in this job when I do get a shift it is enjoyable. hope to get more shifts. The co-workers are enjoyable to work with and managers are awesome.