Strive Living Society

Strive Living Society Culture reviews

Canada38 reviews

Clear

Amazing organization to work for

Featured review

Strive Living Society selected this as a representative review
I worked for Strive for almost 4 years, and it was an incredible learning experience. Everyone is super friendly and supportive. The HR team is fantastic. If you are looking for a place to grow while working with smart and fun coworkers, Strive is the perfect organization.

Okay

Okay place to work. No concerns not really much to say. People where nice and I made great friends. The residents where nice and made the job worth it.

Insights into Strive Living Society

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Great Environment

Wonderful place to work! Helpful team members and great opportunities. Lots of shift availability for a casual employee as well. Overall good experience

30 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Strive. We’re glad you had a good experience with us! We’re sorry you’re no longer part of our team, but please contact us if you ever want to return. All the best!

Great place to work and learn

During my time with Strive I worked in the Children's Program as well as in the Adult 1-1 program. Both programs were very organized, supportive, team oriented and most importantly client focused. Management was professional and approachable. If you want to learn and grow your skills I highly recommend this company.

Pros

great team, great management, supportive, client focused, family centred

16 November 2021
We appreciate you sharing your positive experience here and recommending Strive as a place to work. We try our best to keep the people we serve as the focus of our work.

Always Adapting

Strive is always trying to adapt and better its services to benefit the clients and staff! Great benefits package and a friendly group of staff at head office.

16 November 2021
Thank you for your five star review! Yes, adapting and changing are essential to meet the needs of the people we serve and employ. We’re so happy you’re happy with the benefits and your coworkers. We’re glad to have you as part of the Strive team.

it was ok

everything was ok the only one thing i was not satisfied was the salary. work cultures was too good.i learnt a lot form there. i like their management.

16 November 2021
Thank you for leaving us a review. We agree that salaries should be better for everyone working in this field. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed Strive’s culture and working with our management team. All the best

Great Work Environment

I am happy I got the opportunity to work in such a professional organisation. I had access to great and very helpful trainings and workshops. I consider my experience at Strive as one of the most important career milestone.

16 November 2021
Thanks for this wonderful review. We’re happy to know you were able to benefit from our training opportunities and the experience helped you in your career. We’re grateful for the time you spent with us.

Nice Place to Work

The clients are great of course. Some more complex than others. I worked on call on three group on the North Shore. I felt supported by all the managers.

Pros

Some really great managers

Cons

Crazy co- workers occasionally

16 November 2021
Thank you for submitting your review. We’re glad your time at Strive was mostly positive and you felt supported by all the managers. We hope you will consider working for us again if you’re looking for work in the future.

Strive Living Society

Management was very challenging with this company. However, the wages are higher and the clients are a pleasure. There are many homes that need workers, and their is always penalty of work.

16 November 2021
Thanks for your review. We like to believe our clients are a pleasure and that staff enjoy working with them. If there was anything in particular that was challenging with management, we would’ve liked to hear about it so we could address it.

Caring Managerial staff

- Friendly and support staff - Adequate resources to do the job - The hardest part about the job was lack of organization coming from head office - Most enjoyable was the team work ethic from staff

16 November 2021
Thanks for writing a review. We’re happy to hear that your experience is mostly positive at Strive. We welcome additional feedback with more details so we can work on resolving any problems. Please feel free to reach out to your direct supervisor or human resources.

awesome place to work

Great place to work for. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. it feels like one big family. great opportunities to grow and great learning experiences.

16 November 2021
Thank you for the nice review. We strive to make our workplaces inclusive and supportive. We’re glad you’ve been able to take advantage of opportunities to learn and grow and that you’ll continue to be a member of the Strive team for years to come.

Meaningful work and an amazing team

Flexibility, great work/ life balance, frequent opportunities to participate in events/ expos/ fundraisers, training and educational opportunities, solid benefits, down-to-earth management, meaningful work helping individuals with disabilities. Ideas and feedback are encouraged, knowledgeable teams and managers. Employees are open to ideas, excellent teamwork. Open minded, honest, and friendly office culture. It's inspiring to see the individuals we provide services to succeed and how our programs make a difference.

Pros

Training opportunities, good benefits, meaningful employment, vacation, flexibility, great experience, work/ life balance, great management

Cons

Could be more advancement opportunities/ planning.

16 November 2021
Thanks for the great review. We’d love to have endless opportunities to advance our amazing team members. We’re continuously working on growing the agency so we can realize these opportunities.

Great place to work!

Working at Strive is a very rewarding job, yet sometimes challenging because of the nature of work we do. Great people to work with and an amazing management team. The work we do here is absolutely amazing. Strive offers a great work culture, competitive wages, great benefits and has lots of room for growth and advancement.

Pros

Great work culture, room for advancement, competitive wages, great benefits

16 November 2021
Thank you for the five-star review! We keep striving for perfection and need people like you to help us get there.

productive and fun working with Strive

in this job when I do get a shift it is enjoyable. hope to get more shifts. The co-workers are enjoyable to work with and managers are awesome.

16 November 2021
Thank you for the positive review. We hope you’re able to get more work so we can retain you as a part of our team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strive Living Society. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement