Strive Living Society

Strive Living Society Employee Reviews for Youth Worker

Youth Worker4 reviews
Canada4 reviews

productive fun work place with table tennis

There were many transitions at work depend on the work site managers. It was very challenging to work with high risk youth It is good to have medical and dental extended benefits

Pros

many options to choose for work sites

Cons

high risk to get harmed

16 November 2021
We really appreciate you taking the time to review your experience at Strive. We’re glad you had fun during your time here and we hope you’ll consider working for us again in the future.

Decent for a starter job in the field

This place was very wishy washy. Great experience to learn from. However it’s very hard to work in an environment and industry where u have a o care for Kids but your not allowed in anyway to care about them.

16 November 2021
Thanks for your review. We’re a bit confused by the comment of not being allowed to care about the kids. We hope that everyone who works for Strive is caring and given an opportunity to show it. We apologize for any miscommunication, and we hope that you’ll give us another chance if you’re ever looking for work again.

Insights into Strive Living Society

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Worst job

Not a fun job, to be honest. They make you work really long hours and don't pay nearly enough for the what they expect of you. As well, the co-workers aren't the friendliest.

16 November 2021
We’re very sorry to hear that this was your worst job. Employees have the right to refuse work so no one should be forced to work long hours they don’t want to. However, we do agree that working in this field deserves more recognition and higher pay. We wish you reached out during your time here so we could’ve worked together to resolve your concerns.

Good company, could be better.

I really like Strive and what they do in the Greater Vancouver area but they do not offer enough support to their CYS positions. High turn over rate makes it hard to get into a groove when treating clients.

16 November 2021
Thanks for your review. High turnover rates are something we have been working on and continue to work on making better. Thanks for all the work you do in our CYS department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strive Living Society. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement