Work wellbeing score is 74 out of 100

Canada4 reviews

3.4Pay & benefits

clientexperiencemanagementgreatjobworkhighteam

stressful and fast-paced

generally a stressful position but pay is good. Expectations kept on adding (sometimes unreasonable considering the time we have). Job requires to be creative in problem solving skill. co-workers are amazing. management is not. Job is definitely secure but career advancement is a bit limited.

Pros

everyone is getting along. pays well

Cons

micromanaging and stressful

16 November 2021
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry your experience at Strive isn’t more positive. We’re aware that the nature of the job can be “stressful and fast-paced” and we try to support our team members the best we can by offering flexibility, training, time off, and EAP. We encourage and welcome staff to reach out if additional support is needed.

Excessive Micromanagement

Meeting and supporting clients is both challenging and fulfilling work. However, the administration in AIL is very involved in all aspects of the decision making for your caseload. It becomes discouraged to report challenges as management creates more hurdles and stress in response. Simultaneously reducing your autonomy as a case manager, while not providing clear directions or support.

Pros

Supporting clients, managing mental health needs.

Cons

Micromanagement, lack of support, management style lacks praise.

8 June 2023
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your experience as a former Case Manager at Strive Living Society. We value all comments and take them into consideration as we continually strive to improve our work environment and practices.We're glad to hear that you found the work of meeting and supporting clients fulfilling. It's encouraging to know that our goal of making a positive impact on our client's lives aligns with your personal values.On the other hand, we regret to hear about your experience with what you perceived as micromanagement, as well as the challenges you faced when interacting with our administration. We strive to foster a supportive and empowering environment for our employees.Your concerns will be reviewed by our management team, and we will review our processes to ensure we are supporting our staff in the most effective manner possible. We believe that feedback such as yours will allow us to identify and rectify any issues that might be affecting the work environment negatively.We appreciate your contribution to Strive Living Society and we're sorry that your experience didn't match your expectations. We wish you all the best in your future endeavours and thank you once again for your feedback.

Insights into Strive Living Society

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment

Don't work here

Save yourselves the trouble and don't work here. Staff (especially in AIL) are not valued or appreciated. Managers will micro manage everything you do. Work is fast paced, managers place unrealistic deadlines and are unorganized.

26 September 2022
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry your experience at Strive was not more positive. We try to support our team members the best we can. We will make sure to listen to your feedback and improve for our existing and new staff alike.

I've worked with Strive Living Society previously Howe Sound Rehab Services society for 6 years. During my time here, I had opportunity for advancement, increase in wage, educational opportunities ( I've been sent to a few weekend educational workshops) as well as I been able to be a part of building new programs. It's a large organization with many disciplines working together ie nurses, rec therapist, community support workers, residential workers, ect. If you prove yourself and are a hard worker you will have opportunity to advance. I'd recommend this agency.

Pros

opportunity, forward thinking, client centred, management

Cons

governed by government funding

16 November 2021
Thank you for the nice review. We’re proud of our diverse team and appreciate all the work from the different players. We’re immensely grateful for the work you’re doing and your commitment to Strive.

Case Manager at Strive Living Society

Estimated salary
$28.30 per hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strive Living Society. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement