Strive Living Society

Canada3 reviews

3.0Job security & advancement

clientexperiencemanagementgreatjobworkhighteam

stressful and fast-paced

generally a stressful position but pay is good. Expectations kept on adding (sometimes unreasonable considering the time we have). Job requires to be creative in problem solving skill. co-workers are amazing. management is not. Job is definitely secure but career advancement is a bit limited.

Pros

everyone is getting along. pays well

Cons

micromanaging and stressful

Official response from Strive Living Society

16 November 2021
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry your experience at Strive isn’t more positive. We’re aware that the nature of the job can be “stressful and fast-paced” and we try to support our team members the best we can by offering flexibility, training, time off, and EAP. We encourage and welcome staff to reach out if additional support is needed.

Don't work here

Save yourselves the trouble and don't work here. Staff (especially in AIL) are not valued or appreciated. Managers will micro manage everything you do. Work is fast paced, managers place unrealistic deadlines and are unorganized.

Insights into Strive Living Society

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

I've worked with Strive Living Society previously Howe Sound Rehab Services society for 6 years. During my time here, I had opportunity for advancement, increase in wage, educational opportunities ( I've been sent to a few weekend educational workshops) as well as I been able to be a part of building new programs. It's a large organization with many disciplines working together ie nurses, rec therapist, community support workers, residential workers, ect. If you prove yourself and are a hard worker you will have opportunity to advance. I'd recommend this agency.

Pros

opportunity, forward thinking, client centred, management

Cons

governed by government funding

Official response from Strive Living Society

16 November 2021
Thank you for the nice review. We’re proud of our diverse team and appreciate all the work from the different players. We’re immensely grateful for the work you’re doing and your commitment to Strive.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Strive Living Society?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strive Living Society. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement